SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

2 hours ago, Brazos John said:

I had to look this up, but I'll look for it (Milo) at HEB later today.

It's a chocolate drink, maybe like Quik? 

Americans like sweet drinks, so it better have sugar!

More from the net: 

What is the difference between Nestle's Nesquik and Milo? Do they use powdered milk? Both are produced by Nestle's but Milo is a malted milk chocolate item whereas Nesquik is simply chocolate, not malted. Both are a powder and usually mixed with hot or cold milk or water or a combination.

....... yep ...  :)

• Thanks 1

And with just a please and with no exclamation point, it is not really a rule, just a request.

Climb on and get a picture.

Edited by John Kloehr
Clarity, grammer, and why the hell did Otto not underline a word not in the dictionary?
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Mooball NSW

394574362_24001362142845586_6059647347280792216_n.jpg.e7d25a60cfdf5b17717d92fd18287677.jpg

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Y'all spell OFF with only one F down there?

"Please keep of the motorcycle"

........ some, apparently, do ; doesn't make it rite ...... -_-

6 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

And with just a please and with no exclamation point, it is not really a rule, just a request.

Climb on and get a picture.

..... more of a suggestion than a request; ....... and we would like you a lot more if you would take us up on that 'ticular suggestion.  B)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

393255033_357812426590589_361258804518493413_n.jpg.7b6a709f7ce91fe1f8b1fc2fd1158ee5.jpg

Texas used to be that way.

Parts of it still are...

Texas Primer: The Hi Sign – Texas Monthly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't get it.

Miles per hour is a measurement of speed, normally used in reference to a motorized vehicle.

Bunnings is a hardware/garden supply store, and snags are sausage.

My car will do 125 mph.

YEAH, WELL MINE WILL DO 176 HOT DOGS PER WALMART.

If that makes sense to y'all, you really do talk funny.

Edited by Alpo
  • Haha 4

Dear Uncle Alpo,

First sausages AIN'T hotdogs.

Second Bunnings is more like Lowes or Harbour Freight.

Bunnings has a (sort of) tradition of allowing community groups to conduct a "sausage sizzle" outside their front door on both days of each weekend to raise money for themselves. I think Bunnings even supply the equipement. There seems to be some sort of roster as to which community group is next, school groups, scout groups, model train clubs Mens Shed, and a host of others.

On my way to my shooting range I can stop at McDonalds for breakfast or I can stop at Bunnings and help finance a local worthy community group and still eat just as healthy .....  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... so, .... you've been here ?  :huh:

Sherron, Big Red and I had holidays all arranged (4 weeks) flight tickets bought, passports ready and we were one (1) UNE/UNO day away from leaving for Cairns, where a buddy and his wife were on Teachers Exchange, when the shi dung hit the fan at work.

I was called back in to work to first witness the then boss being fired and then to be appointed to take their place and to clean up a real mess.

Oh well. Made Director about 10 years before I thought I would and the city reimbursed me for everything out of pocket.

Retired now and just Big Red and I, but the trip remains on my bucket list.

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Sherron, Big Red and I had holidays all arranged (4 weeks) flight tickets bought, passports ready and we were one (1) UNE/UNO day away from leaving for Cairns, where a buddy and his wife were on Teachers Exchange, when the shi dung hit the fan at work.

I was called back in to work to first witness the then boss being fired and then to be appointed to take their place and to clean up a real mess.

Oh well. Made Director about 10 years before I thought I would and the city reimbursed me for everything out of pocket.

Retired now and just Big Red and I, but the trip remains on my bucket list.

........ let me know when you are comming so I can hide the good silverware ...... ;)

• Haha 5

On 10/29/2023 at 5:36 AM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Dear Uncle Alpo,

First sausages AIN'T hotdogs.

Second Bunnings is more like Lowes or Harbour Freight.

Bunnings has a (sort of) tradition of allowing community groups to conduct a "sausage sizzle" outside their front door on both days of each weekend to raise money for themselves. I think Bunnings even supply the equipement. There seems to be some sort of roster as to which community group is next, school groups, scout groups, model train clubs Mens Shed, and a host of others.

On my way to my shooting range I can stop at McDonalds for breakfast or I can stop at Bunnings and help finance a local worthy community group and still eat just as healthy .....  :)

394623111_806830257798698_1217848525705499216_n.jpg.145b41d99d703cf58bf95782193d3c5b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Never heard of, or seen them. In the US, they looked like this:

image.jpeg.e4102bbcd7e2a24937bf443e62b0043e.jpeg

I've never seen those ones, my Mum used to dye the knuckle bones from the Sunday roast with beetroot juice to colour them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Never heard of, or seen them. In the US, they looked like this:

image.jpeg.e4102bbcd7e2a24937bf443e62b0043e.jpeg

And weren't they a joy to step on with bare feet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4