SASS Wire Forum

Alarming

Subdeacon Joe

Cool alarm clock!

I've got one for you from a book I read years ago, "Hanta Yo." 

Q:  It's the early 1800, you're a young Sioux teenage boy and tomorrow you're going on your first buffalo hunt with the men.  By tradition, you'll sleep in a lodge by yourself and nobody is going to wake you when you have to be awake and ready at the butt-crack of dawn.   I know most are thinking, "I wouldn't be able to sleep."  But you did sleep and was awakened earlier than you normally woke.  How did you do it?

1 minute ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Cool alarm clock!

I've got one for you from a book I read years ago, "Hanta Yo." 

Q:  It's the early 1800, you're a young Sioux teenage boy and tomorrow you're going on your first buffalo hunt with the men.  By tradition, you'll sleep in a lodge by yourself and nobody is going to wake you when you have to be awake and ready at the butt-crack of dawn.   I know most are thinking, "I wouldn't be able to sleep."  But you did sleep and was awakened earlier than you normally woke.  How did you do it?

A:  Us old guys experience this most nights.  The boy drank lots of water before he went to sleep. ^_^

7 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

A:  Us old guys experience this most nights.  The boy drank lots of water before he went to sleep. ^_^

That's why it's called the "wee small hours." :D

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

It works really well. Just last night I got up a 1:00am and 4:00am. Then up at 6:00 for work. 

It is better to wake up at 4 to pee than to pee at 4 then wake up.

It’s better to make your darling a nice cup of tea before bed and ask her to wake you when she gets up. ;)

Well, it sure wouldn't need a "snooze" setting.

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Well, it sure wouldn't need a "snooze" setting.

At a War of 1861 reenactment near Mariposa one year we fired the morning gun at 0600.  After we secured the piece and were heading back to our camp one voice drifted from a tent, "Can I get a 10 minute snooze?"

10 minutes after the first,  which was only an 8 oz. charge, we fired a 16 oz. charge.

Archived