SASS Wire Forum

Things We Hate Can Be Good

Subdeacon Joe

food for thought and a lesson in looking for the good in every situation , sometimes hard to see till we get to that end - often the interim is difficult but eventually that smell of it wafts forward and gets your mouth watering for the best reward worth waiting for - dont burn your tongue 

48 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I always get the feeling with such tales that there was no actual deacon who did that, but somebody made up a good 'un.  But it still is a good 'un.

Who would make up something about a man of the cloth?

Howdy,

Remember if a guy is running the streets naked and high on pcp the cops must still

treat him with respect.

America, What A Country.

Best

CR

24 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Who would make up something about a man of the cloth?

The question is how much cloth does a deacon have?

I was invited about 10 years ago to officiate at the wedding of the daughter of a good friend and former law partner who had moved to another state. I had known her as a young girl.

I was delighted to accept and asked why she had chosen me in particular. Her dad said that it was partly because she was the only one she'd known as a kid  who was associated with a church. Her family was very 'non-church". She had remembered that long before I'd been a deacon in the local Presby church.

It was fun. I was listed in nice calligraphy on the program as the officiant, "Deacon [Red Gauntlet]", a splendid title.

At the reception it was great fun being treated as if I was a somber man of the cloth. Ordinary folks treated me with deference. It was very amusing. They became more relaxed over the evening as I partook of a convivial glass or two.

3 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I always get the feeling with such tales that there was no actual deacon who did that, but somebody made up a good 'un.  But it still is a good 'un.

Well, it was posted by Joe, and he's a Subdeacon ~ doesn't that count?  :)

Sometimes it’s hard to see the good in a thing at the time. It is a nice message...

The “good” I see in 2020 is coming...I am sure of it. 
It might occur at 23:59:59 in December 31st. :D

12 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Have no idea where the story came from. But our pastor used that very same one as an opener to a sermon about a month ago. 
Maybe he hangs out here on the Wire sometimes?

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived