SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll tell you what, trying to figure out where we are going to live after retirement is making me crazy. Every time I look at a location I find myself comparing it to Arizona. 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’ll tell you what, trying to figure out where we are going to live after retirement is making me crazy. Every time I look at a location I find myself comparing it to Arizona. 

I've been trying to find a place to move also. I have 20 houses selected in AZ and one in ID (on Zillow). However, after seeing election results, I'm even more confused. AZ is so blue and warm. ID is red and cold.

Anywhere with Hurricanes or Tornadoes are out.

24 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I've been trying to find a place to move also. I have 20 houses selected in AZ and one in ID (on Zillow). However, after seeing election results, I'm even more confused. AZ is so blue and warm. ID is red and cold.

Anywhere with Hurricanes or Tornadoes are out.

I was thinking of doing my part to make it redder. ;)

I wouldn’t even consider Idaho. It seems to be loaded with close -minded cliquish as...uh, er,...people. 

2 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

well this retirement train is moving as fast as a sloth.

Not my fault. I know you think I am awesome, spectacular, highly intelligent and talented, but I cannot manipulate time.:P

My wife and co-workers think I have telepathy as well, but sadly, I do not. ;)

I was hoping to move this train retirement along a little more quickly, but sadly that is not going to happen. 
On the night side it gives us more time to decide exactly where we wish to go. I am seriously looking at Arizona and Texas. 
In AZ we are looking at the Prescott, Prescott Valley and Flagstaff areas. 
In TX we are looking at the Texas Hill Country and Amarillo and Lubbock areas. Not too keen on what I read about wind in Amarillo though. 

I was also looking at Florida for a short while but monitoring the weather there was an eye opener. I have a hard time with high humidity. I would have a hard time in Florida. 

17 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Pat, I looked at Amarillo too. Until, I saw a house with an underground shelter. It seems that there is the potential for hurricanes and tornadoes in Texas.

Ooh...forgot about tornadoes. I was more concerned with heat and humidity.
Since 1950:

Amarillo has had 165 tornadoes but 0 deaths per year on average due to tornadoes. That’s 2.35 tornadoes per year, on average. 
Lubbock has had 235 tornadoes and 1 death per year on average due to tornadoes. That’s 3.35 tornadoes per year on average. 

I forgot about tornadoes. Thanks for the heads up. :)

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ooh...forgot about tornadoes. I was more concerned with heat and humidity.
Since 1950:

Amarillo has had 165 tornadoes but 0 deaths per year on average due to tornadoes. That’s 2.35 tornadoes per year, on average. 
Lubbock has had 235 tornadoes and 1 death per year on average due to tornadoes. That’s 3.35 tornadoes per year on average. 

I forgot about tornadoes. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Quit worrying about Tornados. Your odds of dying in a car accident are vastly greater than you being in the direct path of a tornado.

Car accident 1 in 100

Tornado 1 in 60,000

24 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Quit worrying about Tornados. Your odds of dying in a car accident are vastly greater than you being in the direct path of a tornado.

Car accident 1 in 100

Tornado 1 in 60,000

Not really worried about them. I have lived in tornado country. Just weighing all positives and negatives. I may be weird, but bad weather can make life interesting...provided there’s a lot more good weather to make things better. ;)

21 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

And I would bet that if you could calculate stupidity and ignorance into all top categories the percentage of deaths in each category would also show a high level of stupidity and ignorance involved. 

The stupidest things I have personally heard people say in bad weather situations:

- I wonder if my truck will make it across that?

- I refuse to go into a tornado shelter. I am claustrophobic. 
- This looks like it’s going to be a bad one. I need to go get beer. 

Well, you could always join us up here in Canada Pat.

SNOW LOOKING FOR THE CAR.png

Hey Pat, check out Arkansas or Missouri for places to move. Lots of CAS clubs

22 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Hey Pat, check out Arkansas or Missouri for places to move. Lots of CAS clubs

South/West Springfield, MO would be good for you.

Lots of SASS clubs within 30-45 minute drive.

Look up Bear Creek  Volunteers. 

House prices are very reasonable here. No SMOG testing.

Gas is run'n $1.45 @ gallon today. 

OLG 

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

South/West Springfield, MO would be good for you.

Lots of SASS clubs within 30-45 minute drive.

Look up Bear Creek  Volunteers. 

House prices are very reasonable here. No SMOG testing.

Gas is run'n $1.45 @ gallon today. 

OLG 

I just paid $3.39 for 91 octane.

Although OLD and other friends are happy in So. MO, I've been to So. IL in all seasons. Both have tornadoes, snow, and humidity.  If the weather (and political) climate were better in So. IL, I would love to live there.

As cold as it has been here this week, I think I've ruled out So. ID and No. AZ (around Flagstaff).

55 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Although OLD and other friends are happy in So. MO, I've been to So. IL in all seasons. Both have tornadoes, snow, and humidity.  If the weather (and political) climate were better in So. IL, I would love to live there.

As cold as it has been here this week, I think I've ruled out So. ID and No. AZ (around Flagstaff).

I have also been researching Texas Hill Country.

Pretty much everywhere you go there is some weather issue...or earthquakes. Hahaha

Archived