SASS Wire Forum

Lets see some dogs

You all have seen grandson Henry and his service dog, Al, before.  Henry is 10 now.  It's Spring Break and the boys wore themselves out on a Florida beach today.  Youth is wasted on the young!!

IMG_4470.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

You suppose that was a cross between a dog and a giraffe, or a dog and a leatherback snapping turtle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm just impressed the dogs allowed it to be happening. If I put a piece of bread on my dog's face she would eat it. Quickly. Use her front feet to get it off so she could get it on the floor and bite it.

She certainly wouldn't stand there smiling at me while I took a picture.

• Like 3

Sad day today.

I’m sitting outside the animal clinic waiting for them to bring out the gurney to take our darlin’ Boobie for her final journey.

She has been one of the great joys of our lives and our constant companion for over sixteen years, but now she is weak and in pain and there’s not a damned thing that we can do.

It’s been thirty-five years since we have been without a dog in our lives!  

I can’t go in with Schoolmarm to see her off because we couldn’t get her and my knee scooter both into the car, so the nurses just brought her around to the door for me to say goodbye.

Attachment.jpeg

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

IMG_2284.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Sad 6

Awe Blackwater, We're so sorry to hear this. It's always a sad time to say Good Bye to our furry kids. Our hearts go out to you and Schoolmarm. You just can't seem to win lately.:(

Eyesa & Ellie

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Awe Blackwater, We're so sorry to hear this. It's always a sad time to say Good Bye to our furry kids. Our hearts go out to you and Schoolmarm. You just can't seem to win lately.:(

Eyesa & Ellie

A sad day today, but I’d say sixteen years of traveling with her and all of her hijinks and lovable companionship are what I would call a monster win!  

Wouldn’t you??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Very sorry to hear of your loss.  Sounds like you had 16 beautiful years together.  She will remain forever in your heart.  You will see her again at the rainbow bridge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Sad day today.

I’m sitting outside the animal clinic waiting for them to bring out the gurney to take our darlin’ Boobie for her final journey.

She has been one of the great joys of our lives and our constant companion for over sixteen years, but now she is weak and in pain and there’s not a damned thing that we can do.

It’s been thirty-five years since we have been without a dog in our lives!  

I can’t go in with Schoolmarm to see her off because we couldn’t get her and my knee scooter both into the car, so the nurses just brought her around to the door for me to say goodbye.

Attachment.jpeg

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

IMG_2284.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

prayers for you. I know how hard of decision it is. had put my cat Nala down last year

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

A sad day today, but I’d say sixteen years of traveling with her and all of her hijinks and lovable companionship are what I would call a monster win!  

Wouldn’t you??

You bet I would. We've been fortunate getting full lifetimes from our fur kids as well .:wub:

• Like 1