SASS Wire Forum

Baseball is screwy

Out of curiosity I decided to see how my Cardinals are doing in this mad race for the World Series. 

Danged MLB postponed all the games listed. How can we win if we aren't playing? Or lose for that matter. 

That just ain't right. 

18 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

But when was the last time you were in late April and every team still had a perfect record, was tied for first in their division, and had a shot at the playoffs heading into the All-Star break?

I see that the Reds have the same number of wins as losses. I guess that means they're at .500? 

1 minute ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Been a long time since my Reds were at .500 heading into May. I’ll take it!

Ditto!

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Out of curiosity I decided to see how my Cardinals are doing in this mad race for the World Series. 

Danged MLB postponed all the games listed. How can we win if we aren't playing? Or lose for that matter. 

That just ain't right. 

Charlie, there's no crying in baseball.

But I'm crying. :(

I heard today  they may play in July and have a short spring training in June. Nothing set in stone yet though.

CMON PLAY BALL ALREADY !

8 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Charlie, there's no crying in baseball.

But I'm crying. :(

That's cuz there ain't no baseball. :( I'll be pulling for my Rangers when/if we ever get going.

JHC

A lotta talk about the baseball season on TV. Got me to thunking, which is always a very

dangerous thingy. TV comedy shows and sitcoms always have canned laughter to show

us zombies where to laugh. Why couldn't baseball play the game in an empty stadium with 

canned cheering over the stadium's loud speakers and the TV wires. Badger, youse is a jenius.

4 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

A lotta talk about the baseball season on TV. Got me to thunking, which is always a very

dangerous thingy. TV comedy shows and sitcoms always have canned laughter to show

us zombies where to laugh. Why couldn't baseball play the game in an empty stadium with 

canned cheering over the stadium's loud speakers and the TV wires. Badger, youse is a jenius.

They could also put computer generated crowds in the stands!! 

46 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Well, the lakers got a loan under the PPA didn't they?  I'm sure major league baseball players can get one too. 

They gave it back

On 4/29/2020 at 5:50 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

How ‘bout we take up a collection for all the out of work ball players?

Some of those guys are donating a lot of cash to hospitals for PPE, food banks and local charities.

My prediction: Rockies will stay tied for first place for at least the next two weeks.

I will go you one further, Bob. I predict that the Cardinals will Not lose a game for at least three weeks. 

I am also wondering if the ALL STAR game is now a movable date?  Like, say August 30th, or September 21,

or perhaps October 31?

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Some of those guys are donating a lot of cash to hospitals for PPE, food banks and local charities.

I figure there's a lot of that that goes on we never hear about. I also figure a good many of them are good people. Least I like to think so.

JHC

Archived