SASS Wire Forum

kimber rimfire

Trigger Mike

I was looking around online and saw a used Kimber Rimfire on gun broker for 700.  I have used the Sig (which is a GSG rebranded under Sig) and wonder is the Kiber that much better ?  How about the rimfire conversion kits?  If I put a conversion kit on a 45acp kimber frame will it be as accurate and reliable as the Kimber rimfire from the factory back when they made them?  

That Sig is my favorite rimfire. Economical, reliable and a generally fun gun. My only complaint is that a spare magazine costs $40

In my experience I have preferred Sigs to Kimbers. Just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

That Sig is my favorite rimfire. Economical, reliable and a generally fun gun. My only complaint is that a spare magazine costs $40

Watch CDNN Sports.   Picked up Sig mags for $20 each.      GW

I also prefer the SIG over Kimber........ BUT, don't overlook the Browning 1911-22.

I presently own one and have previously owned a couple others.   All of them were

VERY reliable with standard velocity, high velocity and Stingers.   Of course, I didn't shoot

a lot of Stingers in them.

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

9 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Watch CDNN Sports.   Picked up Sig mags for $20 each.      GW

Mags for the GSG / Sig 1911 .22lr are cheaper here: (They are out of stock right now but sign up for notifications)

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ati-german-sport-guns-gsg-m-1911-22-lr-10-round-magazine.html

Interesting that the Sigs are made by GSG. Here in California you cannot get the Sigs but you can get the GSG guns.

Ditto on the browning 1911-22, but mine had the firing pin break but they fixed it.   The browning though locks up if you shoot a shot shell but the sig can eject if you pull the slide back. The browning takes a while to get the casing out.  Either way shot shells are for revolver only if a 22. 

Archived