SASS Wire Forum

Once again... it's hard to believe these idiots actually vote

Sixgun Sheridan

So the latest dumb meme/challenge is to go around wearing a blindfold while you do everyday things, record it and upload it on social media. Sooner or later some idiot will try it while driving. This is just as bad as the last one where people were supposed to jump out of a moving car and dance to a popular song.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/netflix-warns-against-supernumberbirdboxchallenge/ar-BBRIYDS?li=BBnb7Kz

How much you wanna bet most of these morons vote Democrat and anti-gun? All while saying the rest of us are the dumb ones. :rolleyes:

Hell, I'd be surprised if'n them folk could even SPELL v-o-t-e!

11 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

So the latest dumb meme/challenge is to go around wearing a blindfold while you do everyday things, record it and upload it on social media. Sooner or later some idiot will try it while driving. This is just as bad as the last one where people were supposed to jump out of a moving car and dance to a popular song.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/netflix-warns-against-supernumberbirdboxchallenge/ar-BBRIYDS?li=BBnb7Kz

How much you wanna bet most of these morons vote Democrat and anti-gun? All while saying the rest of us are the dumb ones. :rolleyes:

They are too irresponsible to own or use a firearm.

I suspect many of these idiots are nihilists and don’t bother to vote at all.

13 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You assume they vote..

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

They are too irresponsible to own or use a firearm.

And perhaps a car or a credit card or check book or even kitchen utensils.

The problem is that very few American citizens know anything about how our government is supposed to work, according to the Constitution.  It isn't being taught in schools much if at all!  If voters understood how our government is supposed to work, in the prelude to the 2016 election, they would have laughed ALL the candidates, no matter which party they belonged to, right off the stage.  "As president, I'm going to do (such-and-such)."  No you aren't.  Only Congress can pass legislation!  Presidents can veto, they can cajole, etc., but they don't pass legislation.  OTOH, there USED TO BE more willingness on the part of our representatives and senators to co-operate at least a little bit!  In general, we get the government we deserve...by the ignorance we have.

Oh, and if this isn't too political:  She's back! Madam Speaker!

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I'm pretty sure they do, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten stuck with I-1639 here in WA.

Sixgun, you ain't seen nuttin', yet.

Two states to the south of you we've lived in an "I-1639" world for many years.  Believe me when I say that's just the beginning... it gets much worse.   :( 

Sure, walk around blindfolded, while eating Tide pods and doing the cinnamon and ice bucket challenges. What could go wrong?

Darwin knew what he was talking about.

I remember when my Czech friend was over here for a visit and he first heard about people texting while driving, and how some states were trying to pass laws to stop it. He asked me, "Do you also have people trying to pass laws against people driving while standing on their head and naked? Do you actually need laws like that to tell people that that they shouldn't do it???". In this country, unfortunately yes.

The bad part is that anything that can make it on the ballot in WA would most likely pass, and I am sure people now know this and that they can get away with anything.

its sad to let one or two counties determine the law for the entire state.  Kind of like I always felt bad for the good, hard working people in Illinois sending all their money to The cess pool that is Chicago.

Well, the House Democrats are saying they want to end the Electoral College. If that happens then the only states that will be effectively voting will be California, Texas, Florida and New York. The rest of us will be watching from the sidelines.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:22 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I suspect many of these idiots are nihilists and don’t bother to vote at all.

This is fundamentally correct. 

Since the formation of our country, the voting body has been comprised of concerned individuals who've had a visceral desire to build an ever stronger, freer, and more affluent nation.  However, the thoughts of the two (sometimes three) major factions of our population have often been at odds with each other on how to accomplish this.

Historically and surprisingly, a very large percent of the eligible voting population do not participate in the process - nationwide, roughly 60% will vote in Presidential election years, and maybe 40% in the mid-term elections.  This leaves a huge population of "nihilistic" citizens doing nothing.

In the past, this has had an almost Darwinian affect on the country.  Risking an onslaught of flaming arrows, I'll say that the voting population has been almost self-culling. Those who did not participate often did not care (the true "nihilists"),  or, to put it as kindly as I can (here come those arrows again!), lacked the facilities to participate in the process.

But the process worked.  The active portions of the two major factions (D's and R's) tended to be roughly equal in numbers, and served to check each other - a major factor of a two-party system. 

Well, a few years ago, some enterprising members of one of the factions recognized that the "nihilistic" bunch represented a HUGE opportunity - literally, a potential bonanza of raw voting material.  And so they set out to mine this bonanza, with limited but growing successes over the years.  Consider the 2004 Washington State gubernatorial race.  "Election workers" indeed worked hard, literally going so far as registering people on skid row, helping them complete ballots, and for those who wished to cast votes in person, busing them to the polls with a free lunch to follow.  (There are those who will argue that this is merely people exercising their rights to vote; technically true, but not without undue influence).  The result was that one party's candidate won; in a recount, he won again; in a second recount the opposition pulled ahead by 0.01032% (that's right, one one-hundredth of a percent), a judge's gavel fell, and the new leader was declared the winner.  Oh... and all paper ballots ordered destroyed.

This past year we witnessed this phenomenon on a huge scale in California.  In many districts, "vote miners" selectively worked the inactive, "nihilistic" portions of the population and brought about a number of totally unexpected turnovers.  Several members of the state's minority party lost their bids for re-election in districts historically supportive of their party and themselves in particular - in most cases, many days or even weeks after the election, as "mined" ballots were tabulated.  

So there we have it.  The "nihilist" faction can and will be be used as a vote "bonanza."  Unfortunately, I suspect that most of that bloc are susceptible to "mining" by one particular party; somehow, I suspect that a much smaller percentage would be "mine-able" by the other party - most of those with sympathies aligned with that group possess their faculties and are already active voters. 

I hope I'm wrong.  :mellow:

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Consider the 2004 Washington State gubernatorial race.  "Election workers" indeed worked hard, literally going so far as registering people on skid row, helping them complete ballots, and for those who wished to cast votes in person, busing them to the polls with a free lunch to follow.  (There are those who will argue that this is merely people exercising their rights to vote; technically true, but not without undue influence).  The result was that one party's candidate won; in a recount, he won again; in a second recount the opposition pulled ahead by 0.01032% (that's right, one one-hundredth of a percent), a judge's gavel fell, and the new leader was declared the winner.  Oh... and all paper ballots ordered destroyed.

I remember that election well. And I distinctly remembered when Republican Dino Rossi won twice, only to lose in the second recount that something seriously smelled wrong in Manhattan. An audit revealed many duplicate votes as well as votes from people were supposed to be six feet under, but in the end Rossi didn't have the heart to fight for a governorship that was apparently stolen from him.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I remember that election well. And I distinctly remembered when Republican Dino Rossi won twice, only to lose in the second recount that something seriously smelled wrong in Manhattan. An audit revealed many duplicate votes as well as votes from people were supposed to be six feet under, but in the end Rossi didn't have the heart to fight for a governorship that was apparently stolen from him.

It's hard to blame him.  The lengths to which the opposition will go to prevail are endless...  

When one reads the detailed accounts of the election, there are many "Well, maybe..." items.  But overall, it's bad history.

And of course, there's the Evergreen State's policy:

Washington state law allows for election officials to evaluate voter intent and correct ballots so that the machines can properly read them. For example, on a Scantron or other optical ballot, an election official might fill in a circle that was not properly marked so that the machine may record the vote. Republicans filed a federal lawsuit to stop the visual examination of ballots, claiming that it is not allowed under federal law (Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment).

Remember the days when, if a ballot was not correctly filled out, it just was not counted?  :huh:  

[I deleted my next thought.]  :mellow:

Archived