SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado MAIN MATCHES

Creeker, SASS #43022

Hi Creeker or Anyone Who Can Answer,

I like visuals and want to print a map. If I enter Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club as the destination, will I get the same directions as your Website shows.

To narrow that down, the Website directions advise to take the first right off Utah Street. By Googling the Club, I found that the first right is Canyon Point Road. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Allie

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Creeker or Anyone Who Can Answer,

I like visuals and want to print a map. If I enter Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club as the destination, will I get the same directions as your Website shows.

To narrow that down, the Website directions advise to take the first right off Utah Street. By Googling the Club, I found that the first right is Canyon Point Road. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Allie

The first (only) right is Canyon Point Road.

When you turn on Utah St.; You proceed approx. 1/3 mile and then turn; the turn is very well marked and if you were not to turn - you would enter thru the gate of the Waste Management facility. 

Turning or going thru the gate are the only choices you have; so you cannot get lost there.

The rest of the way into the range is all paved road (and the only paved road), it makes a big left turn downhill and takes you under the bridge for I-11 and directly into the range entrance.

Oh, and for shooters that are new to the area or have not yet utilized the I-11 Boulder City bypass. 

All directions on the website are written from the standpoint of entering Boulder City on the Business Loop; do NOT attempt to use the bypass to get to the range.

Shooters crossing from Arizona at Hoover Dam bridge and staying at Railroad Pass; if you're going to your hotel before coming to the range...  I-11 will take you directly to the exit for Railroad Pass.

Shooters staying at Hoover Dam Lodge will use the Boulder Business Loop.

I just looked at Google maps...WOW!!!!  That's awesome!  They've put in a whole new freeway since I moved!  LOL

1 minute ago, Nellie Blue #54399 said:

I just looked at Google maps...WOW!!!!  That's awesome!  They've put in a whole new freeway since I moved!  LOL

I-11, completely bypasses Boulder City, from Railroad Pass all the way to the bridge.  Takes 20 minutes out of driving thru Boulder. 

It's going to kill that little city, but you can see the range from the highway; so that's cool.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it that a major Television Celebrity will be in attendance on Side Match Day (Thursday) Oct 04, 2018.....

This Celebrity will be taking the RO-I Course held in the Clubhouse/Classroom at the Range.

2 hours ago, Nellie Blue #54399 said:

Are they going to put in an exit for the range?  LOL

Funny you ask that - there is a service road access point just off the highway near where the highway passes the range.

Scorpion and I are planning to take the 4wd and see if we can make it to the range that way.

3 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Any more word on this “major television celebrity”?  I fell for that last time and you brought me Gabby Hayes’ stunt double. :blink:

I know Scorpion and I were on an episode of Impractical Jokers playing cowboy... 

But I'm thinking it's not either one of us.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:21 PM, Shooting Bull said:

Any more word on this “major television celebrity”?  I fell for that last time and you brought me Gabby Hayes’ stunt double. :blink:

This Celebrity is celebrating the grand opening of my new shop tomorrow.....

The will be cold Milk for everyone!

Charming informs me that we are currently at 183 shooters for Eldorado.

With over 40 shooters that this is their first time at an Eldorado event.

We should have a new Who's Coming list ready for posting early this week.

All the awards are complete. 

Belt Buckles have arrived.

Now, I have to take a look at posse creation and see who was silly enough to volunteer for Posse Marshal duty.

Take another look thru the stages for any prop creation that might still be required.

Solicit straw bales for ground cover and splatter mitigation.

Figure out the best way to safely yet minimally light the loading/ unloading tables, targets and bays during the night Black Powder shoot.

All the while not destroying anyone's night vision. 

Or taking away from the fire and flash of BP at night.

Make sure we have bodies for setup and teardown.

And stock up on Ibuprofen...

Pretty sure, I still need to load too.

:ph34r:  Red bulbs/lenses for the  LT & ULT lighting. 

I've got all kinds of lists and I'm just attending, not creating & hosting the event.....

Sounds like another great plan is coming together!

Quoting Nellie Blue, "Is it time to shoot yet?"  :D

The latest Who's Coming is posted - currently at 191 shooters.

You can take a look at

http://eldoradocowboys.com/assets/applets/Who_s_Coming_9.6.18.pdf

We are getting close - if you are considering coming to Eldorado; get those applications and information in to us so we can make a space for you on a posse.

Information and applications

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

Oh, congratulations to the folks that are getting into Bordertown off the standby list.

Patience is sometimes rewarded.

But if you are not getting in or if schedules and plans change - we still have room for you at Eldorado.

We are not Bordertown and we would never claim to be; but we will show you a big, fast, close drag race match that we are sure you will enjoy.

200 - TWO HUNDRED - 200

We have reached the 200 shooter mark with three weeks to go.

This is a high water mark in the history of Eldorado and the SASS Nevada State Championship match.

Thank you to everyone that have signed up and entrusted us with this match.

But if your name is not on the list as of yet - it is not too late; we still have space for you.

New  9.11.18 Who's Coming list is posted on the website.

Sorry we have to cancel.  Just found out Monday I have to have surgery on both hands.  The nerves in my right hand are being damaged to the point they most likely will not heal.  My doctor got me scheduled for surgery Wednesday morning.  I am disappointed we cannot attend.  Was even dry firing the Creeker sweep.  We will be there next year.  Kirk

2 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Sorry we have to cancel.  Just found out Monday I have to have surgery on both hands.  The nerves in my right hand are being damaged to the point they most likely will not heal.  My doctor got me scheduled for surgery Wednesday morning.  I am disappointed we cannot attend.  Was even dry firing the Creeker sweep.  We will be there next year.  Kirk

We are sorry to lose you. 

But your health and recovery are infinitely more important than any shoot.

Our events will always be here for you and your family in the future.

If there is anything you need from the Eldorado Cowboys or from me personally; we are at your disposal.

8 hours ago, Kirk James said:

DANG!  That sucks.  Hoping and praying for quick and complete healing for you.

Yo Kirk take care my friend. Glad we had the chance to converse at Prescott shoot. Thoughts and prayers for you pilgrim.

JRJ & SP

23 minutes ago, Lobo Too Slow said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but will I be able to return to camp at the range after the awards banquet on Saturday? I am assuming so, but this is my first big match, and I don't want to be surprised with homelessness after watching you guys get your awards :D

Absolutely.

Most of our campers return to the range Saturday night after the banquet and get an early start headed home on Sunday morning.

We know our proximity to Las Vegas; fancy dining, gambling and entertainment and sometimes folks may stay out late.  

So all our campers and RVers are issued a temporary gate code so they may operate the electric gate and enter the range at any time after official range hours.

This code is good from Wednesday until Sunday.

If you haven't received the code via email, pm me and I will get it to you.

Or it will be included in your registration packet when you sign in.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

2 weeks to go = I'M ready !

Wish I was...

Still a couple small props to build; scheduled for Saturday.

Lost my range storage keys; so I have to turn the house upside down to find them.

Have to stop by Sportsman's and Bass Pro; see if there are any smoking deals on shotgun shells... (I have gift cards)

When there are not, head over to Walmart and grab a couple cases.

Throw the battery charger on my range truck (gets driven twice a year for Dam Site and Eldorado setup solely to pull trailers).

Write the posse marshal walk thru notes.

Stock up on ibuprofen.

Oh yeah, and work in some dry fire practice everyday as well.

7 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Make sure to specify what a Triple Tap is. B)

Oh, and pick up a giant spoon for pot stirring.

There is only ONE triple tap stage in Eldorado.  

Three targets.

Instructions as follows:

Single tap the middle plate.

THEN

Triple tap both outside plates - Any order.

THEN

Triple tap the middle plate.

I don't believe it will require 13 pages of comments to comprehend and comply with those instructions.

The LATEST and FINAL Who's Coming is posted on the Eldorado Website.

There may be more shooters incoming - but this is the last pre shoot list we will be posting.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

http://eldoradocowboys.com/assets/applets/Whos_coming_9.22.pdf

We crossed the 200 shooter mark - but we still have room for you.

If you find yourself in the southern Nevada area - we would love to have you join us for Eldorado 2018

The SASS Nevada State Championships.

Historic Boulder City Nevada 

Thank you to everyone attending and to everyone that has participated and added to this thread.

Our successes are completely because of you.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Oh yeah, and work in some dry fire practice everyday as well.

Wait a damn minute!!!! You said we weren’t practicing this year.  So I haven’t been, now I find out your doing the dirty “P” word!!!!

gamer 

1 hour ago, Gawd Awful said:

Wait a damn minute!!!! You said we weren’t practicing this year.  So I haven’t been, now I find out your doing the dirty “P” word!!!!

gamer 

like it has ever helped....

Archived