SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado MAIN MATCHES

Creeker, SASS #43022

1 hour ago, Lobo Too Slow said:

So, uh.... *ahem*... on stage 10....

I could shoot that one outside, outside, Kockdown, inside, inside?

I'll see myself out...;)

Bwaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha!!!!!!! :lol:

You win the internets for today. :lol:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lobo Too Slow said:

So, uh.... *ahem*... on stage 10....

I could shoot that one outside, outside, Kockdown, inside, inside?

I'll see myself out...;)

Absolutely. 

That satisfies the written plate sequence requirements and the required starting plate instruction.

I'm a lot of things, but hypocrite I am not. :D

9 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

pot.png

Fair enough....

Actually to be honest; I'm not a fan of BBQ or Prime Rib. 

So food is the one area where I never cost the club any money.  

My only request regarding the food or snacks on the range is when we spring for soda; I get my Pepsi.

2 hours ago, Lobo Too Slow said:

Haha, I can't wait to shoot Eldorado! Sign up, folks!

Of course, now you know I'm going to have to address that on the stage instructions/ Posse Marshal walk thru or someone's head will explode.

And we will have 5 pages on the wire of "Can you believe they allowed this at a state match?". :blink:

On 7/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

But it is fixed now and only a single Shooting Bull is attending.

Still too many if you ask me 

3 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Can we get a moderator in here to take out some of this trash? :blink:

:P

Where do you want them to take you???

:D

It’s official, got my confirmation from charming yesterday, I’m in for good times with great people (and Creeker and  shooting bull) for Eldarado 2018.  

Well the group of deplorables  from Prescott will be up to help with the fun, Addie Rose has all of the applications hopefully they get mailed in the next few days. Looking forward to another great time at Eldorado!

TB

On 7/11/2018 at 6:48 AM, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

Well the group of deplorables  from Prescott will be up to help with the fun, Addie Rose has all of the applications hopefully they get mailed in the next few days. Looking forward to another great time at Eldorado!

TB

I always enjoy our friends and family visiting from Arizona.

I don't always enjoy the whuppin' they inflict upon us poor Nevadans; but I guess it's worth it to play with our friends.

6 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I always enjoy our friends and family visiting from Arizona.

I don't always enjoy the whuppin' they inflict upon us poor Nevadans; but I guess it's worth it to play with our friends.

I would simply like to point out that you regularly sick Quickly on us poor Arizonians. And until he left for college, you also used to let Pecos Nick regularly destroy our poor fragile egos.   It ain’t healthy for a man to continuely take that bad of a butt wuppin from a duelist you know :(

Quickly will probably be on the Prescott Posse as Robyn DaVault wants to shoot with him. As far as Pecos Nick goes, he ain't going to be shooting Senior Duelist or Sliver Senior Duelist in my life time so I am not worried about his scores.:blink:

2 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

I would simply like to point out that you regularly sick Quickly on us poor Arizonians. And until he left for college, you also used to let Pecos Nick regularly destroy our poor fragile egos.   It ain’t healthy for a man to continuely take that bad of a butt wuppin from a duelist you know :(

Oh cry me a river. You don’t know what a butt wuppin feels like until you’re shooting against him in the same category. And on top of that, I didn’t just experience once a year at Eldorado, it was every stinking month. I’m hoping he ultimately goes for a PhD so I’ll be in Senior Duelist by the time he graduates.  :blink:

7 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Oh cry me a river. You don’t know what a butt wuppin feels like until you’re shooting against him in the same category. And on top of that, I didn’t just experience once a year at Eldorado, it was every stinking month. I’m hoping he ultimately goes for a PhD so I’ll be in Senior Duelist by the time he graduates.  :blink:

At least YOU chose to give yourself the same handicap he had, I was using BOTH pistols at the SAME DAMN TIME and couldn’t come close ......

Hey Creeker,

Yesterday, I found out I will be able to go for sure. Mother-in-law stuff created uncertainty. I'll send my application soon.

Will you also have a shooters' booklet with scenarios or should we print them from the Website?

Regards,

Allie

PS Will Mongo be there. I'd love for my sister-in-law to meet him. After meeting Ol' No. 4 and coming to another match, I'm sure she would not fear someone like Mongo. ;)

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hey Creeker,

Yesterday, I found out I will be able to go for sure. Mother-in-law stuff created uncertainty. I'll send my application soon.

Will you also have a shooters' booklet with scenarios or should we print them from the Website?

Regards,

Allie

PS Will Mongo be there. I'd love for my sister-in-law to meet him. After meeting Ol' No. 4 and coming to another match, I'm sure she would not fear someone like Mongo. ;)

We will provide printed shooters books.

We post the stages beforehand to allow shooters the ability to look at tthe match and determine if our idea of fun meshes with theirs. 

Seems only fair if we're asking shooters to spend their valuable time and hard earned dollars; that they have the right to see what they're spending it on.

As for Mongo....

That's a surprise that will likely have to wait until the match to find out if Mongo is going to attend.

I'll ask around tho.

8 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Just guessing here: If you request to be on his posse I think that might increase the chances of him showing up. :D

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Shooting Bull, better known as 'Stumbling Bull', has been recycled/rebuilt more times than the Space Shuttle.......:lol: :P

OLG 

More like Humpty Dumpty

On 7/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Have two teeth?

My mother owns a gunshop in a small town outside Las Vegas and the joke goes as follows:

Q:  In our town; if you find yourself speaking to someone that has three teeth in their mouth...

What do you call them?

A:  Mayor

Q:  In our town; if you're standing in front of a mouth with more than five teeth...

Where are you? 

A:  Dog pound.

(we will also accept visitor bureau)

For those who have a quest for knowledge........

Pahrump is a community aprox. 45 miles west of Las Vegas.

The name is a Southern Paiute derivative meaning many waters or water rock. "Pah" being the Paiute word for water.

2 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Pahrump, Nevada:  10,000 residents, two last names. :blink:

Unfair - there are at least three.

We kid our Pahrump friends and I can't say too much - my family lives there.

But a lot of our fellow cowboy shooters hail from Pahrump.

Lash Latigo

Penny Pepperbox

Ramblin' Dave

Corporal Capps

And Penny just got herself elected to office in Pahrump - so congrats to her.

Short Pahrump story (ok, it's me telling it, so never that short)

19 years ago - when we notified my Mom and Dad that they were going to be grandparents; immediately my Dad did two things.

Bought his unborn grandchild a 22 caliber Chipmunk rifle (and when I say immediately - within 1 hour of the notification phone call)

And right after that - put the house and property in Michigan up for sale and began the plans to move out west.

I live in Las Vegas and my parents initial plan was to move to Vegas as well to be close.

But as they looked at home after home, neighborhood after neighborhood - and heard ongoing stories of Home Owners Associations and rules and covenants.

My Dad especially grew dis-illusioned with Las Vegas and began looking further away from the city.

They settled on Pahrump Nevada.

A small little town, as Ace mentioned, about 45 miles outside Las Vegas. 

But hey, they've got a Wal-Mart, Home Depot and a Burger King (what else do you need?)

Anyways - Pahrump is very nearly the opposite of Las Vegas; wide open, freedom loving and very Libertarian.

As we were standing in the yard of my parents house one day looking around.

The neighbor to his north - numerous old cars sitting hood open in the yard.

Neighbor to the south - a trailer home up on blocks with a satellite dish bigger than a truck.

Across the street - weeds and overgrown brush with a two track path from the owner driving thru to get to his home.

And in the backyard of Mom and Dads property - the bloomings of a retail gunshop.

My Dad smiled at me and said, this is freedom and you know, freedom is ugly.

But when you own the ground you stand on and no one can tell you what to do with your property - there is nothing more beautiful.

Our gunshop is still operating today.

Teeth or no teeth...

My Mom and Dad were very happy in Pahrump.

Archived