We need a sticky cartoon thread

image.png

• Haha 3

image.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

image.png

My corded electric lawn mower died day before yesterday, and I ordered a replacement. Battery.

The new lawn mower was $209, with a 15% discount for being a new customer, which brought it down to $172 or thereabouts. After I had placed the order, I was just roaming around the website seeing what I could see, and a replacement battery for that mower was $150. Which means the mower only cost $22. :o

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

My corded electric lawn mower died day before yesterday, and I ordered a replacement. Battery.

The new lawn mower was $209, with a 15% discount for being a new customer, which brought it down to $172 or thereabouts. After I had placed the order, I was just roaming around the website seeing what I could see, and a replacement battery for that mower was $150. Which means the mower only cost $22. :o

Just curious, why does a corded mower have a battery? Does it only stay charged by the cord and run off the battery? Seems like there would be a point of dead battery. 

I see your confusion. I explained it badly.

The mower I've had for the last 5 years used a cord.

The replacement mower, that I ordered a couple of days ago, is battery operated. No cord.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I see your confusion. I explained it badly.

The mower I've had for the last 5 years used a cord.

The replacement mower, that I ordered a couple of days ago, is battery operated. No cord.

It is ridiculous what they get for replacement batteries. Ellie got me an battery operated chainsaw for Xmas. Cost her just over a hundred on Amazon. A second battery is $86 ! A spare bar and chain is another 60 something IIRC. Would be cheaper to buy a second saw and have the spares plus a whole spare unit! Lost count of all the drills I have, but no good batteries. Soon coming to your car dealership!!. Hello AAA can you bring me out a battery? Nope, we can't stock them due to hazardous materials and our electric truck won't make it to you and back.

• Sad 1

My Wife bought a name brand electric weed wacker and mower combination. Came with two batteries, which from a full charge, will not trim the paths between beds in a 25x30 foot garden.  My electric power tools, not a pro brand, (nor do I use them that way anymore), require a new set of expensive batteries every two or three years.  They are convenient, but I'm glad I kept all my corded power tools.  Those are top line Pro tools.

• Like 4

When I was younger I would cut the yard. Now I cut a third of the backyard, then on day two I cut another third of the backyard, and on day three I finish the backyard, day four I go start on the front. It might be a one-day job or it might be a two. Depends on how hot it is.

Supposedly this thing will cut 10,000 ft on a charge. My yard is a little over 13,000 square feet, and I got a 2700 foot house sitting in it, so I figure if they're not lying about the battery ability, I could cut most of the yard on one charge. But since it's going to take me at least 4 days to cut it, I'm pretty sure I can get it done. Do a third, charge it. Another third, charge it. Etc. If I can't get 3,000 square feet off a full charge, it will go back.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

My Wife bought a name brand electric weed wacker and mower combination. Came with two batteries, which from a full charge, will not trim the paths between beds in a 25x30 foot garden.  My electric power tools, not a pro brand, (nor do I use them that way anymore), require a new set of expensive batteries every two or three years.  They are convenient, but I'm glad I kept all my corded power tools.  Those are top line Pro tools.

I now have a Rigid drill from HD. Lifetime warranty on the drill, 2 batteries and the charger. Should be good now! My miter saw is also a lifetime warranty Rigid, corded however. After building 2 houses and 2 kitchens, the motor ate itself. Had to drive it 3 hours one way, but no charge for new motor. Cut a lot of material with that sucker included steel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

When I was younger I would cut the yard. Now I cut a third of the backyard, then on day two I cut another third of the backyard, and on day three I finish the backyard, day four I go start on the front. It might be a one-day job or it might be a two. Depends on how hot it is.

Supposedly this thing will cut 10,000 ft on a charge. My yard is a little over 13,000 square feet, and I got a 2700 foot house sitting in it, so I figure if they're not lying about the battery ability, I could cut most of the yard on one charge. But since it's going to take me at least 4 days to cut it, I'm pretty sure I can get it done. Do a third, charge it. Another third, charge it. Etc. If I can't get 3,000 square feet off a full charge, it will go back.

Worse case have someone follow you with a generator in a wheel barrow:P.

• Haha 2

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

That would not have worked with the robot cop in Asimov's CAVES OF STEEL. He was an anatomically  correct copy of a human male. Did not look like a Ken doll.

Edited by Alpo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

R. Daneel Olivaw?

Big time Asimov fan here!

Been a while since I read it. Pretty sure the human cop's name was Elijah. I can hear in my mind the robot referring to him as "friend Elijah". Could not recall the robot's name.

The shock expressed by the police chief, when Elijah told him his theory that Daneel was not a robot but was an actual person. Because he was an atomically correct. And Elijah knew this because he had looked while they were in the fresher.

Oh, the horror. :o

• Haha 2

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... slow cat .........

:huh:

No - brave to hang on so long - wonder what their arms & face look like...:blink::rolleyes:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

No - brave to hang on so long - wonder what their arms & face look like...:blink::rolleyes:

........ with that much scratching, ........ they probably wonder what their arms & face look like too ......   -_-

• Haha 4

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... slow cat .........

:huh:

5 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

no ......... brave to stupid to hang on for so long, .... stupider for trying it in the first place .......   <_<

...... may he suffer in pain stupider-idity .... -_-

Edited by Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062
sloppiness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2