SASS Wire Forum

Californa's New Ammo Law

Shooting Bull

Need some help from any California legal experts.  Based on what I've been able to find, the new ammo law forbids me from driving ammo into the state.  Are there any loopholes that would allow me to bring my own reloads to any California match I may choose to attend?  

1 hour ago, Shooting Bull said:

Cool.  Thanks

But remember, if some bone headed LEO tries to jack me up you guys are gonna be footing my bail. :P

Your good to go !

Only for CA (like me ) residents . . . .

My Pa told me early on that if I was dumb enough to get there I'd better be smart enough to get out...... Wife said something similar

How do they think they're gonna prove where the ammo came from?  Jeeeeese,  just when I thought they couldn't get any stupider, silly me.

The only problem for me is, whatevery happens in Ca will happen here in Wa state a few years later, it's like cancer, creeping up the coast.

5 minutes ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

How do they think they're gonna prove where the ammo came from?  Jeeeeese,  just when I thought they couldn't get any stupider, silly me.

The only problem for me is, whatevery happens in Ca will happen here in Wa state a few years later, it's like cancer, creeping up the coast.

Same thing happening here in Nevada. Your cancer analogy is exactly how I've been describing it for years. :(

My solution is to NEVER set foot in California, New York, New Jersey nor anywhere in New England.

I shoot regularly in Canada. There laws are a big pain BUT they are completely understandable.

1 minute ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

My solution is to NEVER set foot in California, New York, New Jersey nor anywhere in New England.

I shoot regularly in Canada. There laws are a big pain BUT they are completely understandable.

Great example as a TG, you are setting(NOT)... :rolleyes:

Carry on,

OLG

I truly feel for my brothers and sisters in Kalifornia.  I was stationed at 29 Palms three times and I loved it there in the High Desert.  Unfortunately, their politicians should all be in a bus that goes over a cliff.  The only thing worse would be an empty seat...

24 minutes ago, John Henry Quick said:

I truly feel for my brothers and sisters in Kalifornia.  I was stationed at 29 Palms three times and I loved it there in the High Desert.  Unfortunately, their politicians should all be in a bus that goes over a cliff.  The only thing worse would be an empty seat...

It'll take more than 1 bus.........:rolleyes:

OLG

There are 50 states in the USA. I pick those that support our 2nd Amendment. Further, the ones that might but my elderly butt in the slam for an inadvertent violation of their unconstitutional laws are sure not on my good list.

I spent an inordinate amount of time at MCRD, Camp Pendleton, 29 Stumps and minor bases including MCCWTC for skiing and others for jumping and for SCUBA. I enjoyed California back then. However, it has changed!!!

Comments for those that have not added their membership number are in my completely ignored group.

6 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

There are 50 states in the USA. I pick those that support our 2nd Amendment. Further, the ones that might but my elderly butt in the slam for an inadvertent violation of their unconstitutional laws are sure not on my good list.

I spent an inordinate amount of time at MCRD, Camp Pendleton, 29 Stumps and minor bases including MCCWTC for skiing and others for jumping and for SCUBA. I enjoyed California back then. However, it has changed!!!

Comments for those that have not added their membership number are in my completely ignored group.

And you support the second amendment by not going and having fun with people that support that amendment as much as you do just because they live within a State that has laws you can't support?

I feel so sorry for those people as they are deprived of your company.

Another Eason to boycott Cali they break the deal law and allow recreational use of weed but can’t follow federal law on ammo.  The. One that rose the camels back

The mere idea that someone my age would put themselves in jeopardy is patently ignorant. Anyone that feels free to do so has my sympathy but not my respect. Tilting against windmills is for the young and somewhat lacking in ........  How my presence in a state governed by left wing idiots would in any way sway them is patently absurd.

I was elected TG by my posse in their full knowledge of my positions!!!!

SEMPER FI!!!!

4 hours ago, John Henry Quick said:

I still shoot at 29 Palms at the 1000 yard range !

Love it there 

46 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Besides 29 Palms I also shoot at Camp Pendleton - only at the 600 and 1000 yards ranges

Kingair: I shoot BPCR at 600 to 1,000 yard matches. My eyes are not too great but I hope to shoot some day in the mile match after the Quigley in Forsyth, MT. I use a C Sharps .50-140 3-1/4". Unfortunately, I recently had quintuple open heart surgery and my physicians have insisted that I not shoot long guns until summer at the earliest.   :-(

48 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Kingair: I shoot BPCR at 600 to 1,000 yard matches. My eyes are not too great but I hope to shoot some day in the mile match after the Quigley in Forsyth, MT. I use a C Sharps .50-140 3-1/4". Unfortunately, I recently had quintuple open heart surgery and my physicians have insisted that I not shoot long guns until summer at the earliest.   :-(

I hope I can do that as well one day !

C Sharps . . . nice rifle you got !

On my list . . . 

Archived