SASS Wire Forum

Merry Christmas Dog Lovers!

Major Art Tillery

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MY 'TRAIL HANDS' TO YOURS! :)

They really are Man's Best Friend... wouldn't know what to do without them. They are kind of spoiled, they got more for Christmas then I did.:huh:

IMG_20171225_145444_01.thumb.jpg.995eb3f39f5fc54b69cd9a0ffa43cc30.jpg

Left To Right:

Hondo Lane

Josey Wales

Doc Holliday

Merry Christmas Ya'll 

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Wonderful picture.  Looks like they had a great Christmas.  Yes they do enrich our lives. 

The three of them are the outcome of working at a Vet Clinic for 13 years..:D

All of them are either rescue or pound dogs. All under 6 years old too... Lots of energy.

Jezebel, in her usual position of repose!!  She is a pigeon toed, goggle-eyed BOOBIE!!!

IMG_1306.jpg

I rescued Jezzi almost ten years ago. She had been used as a bait dog for some SOB training fighting dogs.  Never found out who he was but I still got a great companion for Schoolmarm outta' the deal!  The most friendly, lovable, mild mannered dog you'll ever hear of!!

I have been nursing my eldest son's black Lab for the last month, He was shot Thanksgiving night by a neighbor's kid and my wife admonishes me that I am spoiling him.  The other 5 dogs are ok with him. My mother-in-laws two silver schnausers and our 3 get along well with him. One of the dogs is blind and mostly deaf, but she checks on Karl, nuzzles him and curls up to sleep close to him ever since we brought him home from the vets couple days after T'giving. 

I guess what I am getting at is, dogs are amazing animals. They are loving,and pretty good company most all the time.

2 hours ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

I have been nursing my eldest son's black Lab for the last month, He was shot Thanksgiving night by a neighbor's kid and my wife admonishes me that I am spoiling him.  The other 5 dogs are ok with him. My mother-in-laws two silver schnausers and our 3 get along well with him. One of the dogs is blind and mostly deaf, but she checks on Karl, nuzzles him and curls up to sleep close to him ever since we brought him home from the vets couple days after T'giving. 

I guess what I am getting at is, dogs are amazing animals. They are loving,and pretty good company most all the time.

THANK YOU for caring for your son's dog.

What "I" would do to that shooter, would make a horror movie....What a POS!

OLG 

Dogs aren't my whole life, but they do make my life whole.

Christmas Eve my pack celebrated Jojo's birthday. He and Gigi and I each had a New York steak to celebrate! On Christmas I helped Santa Paws deliver gifts to all the pups and kitties I know.

Bill,

I hope the neighbor is paying the vet bills, and that the kid got some kind of punishment.  He should have to work off the vet charges and take a gun safety course.  Did you report him to the police or sheriff?

OLG  yes I know the feeling.... my wife and I paid for the vet bills because son just could not even though he is working 80 hour weeks lately (self employed concrete contractor) Son wanted to go punch the neighbor out, but... as we know, Son wold have been in jail.  Lorelei. Burnet county is not exactly a place to take unprovable charges seriously. The people deny being there, but what is funny, the father, the mother all tell different stories about where they were and when and the son has another tale.

Karl the lab being attended to by Heidi the blind, nearly deaf nurse Schnauzer.  One very wonderful thing about this Christmas, we can care for a deserving dog.  Vet thinks Karl has tumor in intestines, but not certain.  We will keep him warm and dry and loved.

100_0282.JPG

I like most dogs better than I like most people. 

Bill, thanks for helping out Karl. 

Archived