SASS Wire Forum

Colt dropping prices again

Trigger Mike

2 days ago Colt announced more price drops on their rifles and the Defender models.  recently they also dropped the prices on the competition models.  I recall a day when you could buy a Colt and it would go up in price.  What are they doing wrong that is causing them to lower prices to make a sale?  It is hard to find a Colt in stock around here so i wonder if a part of the reason is a lack on inventory.  I know part of it is a slow down in gun sales across the board.  I just have not seen the others drop their prices unless i have missed something?

It's because they are on the brink of going under . (Again)

People get all up set when you speak the truth .

But Colt screwed Colt Period. 

I don't feel sorry for Colt one single bet . 

If I had the money I would take advantage of the lowering of prices. Colt will either rebound from this or go under. In either case eventually prices will come back and be a good investment. As an investor, bets would be on them folding, at least from a future values stand point. I agree that I have seen a dropping off in price, but it is across the board. Rugers went up in price but the used market is too much of a buy. Across the board prices are dropping

With no president to scare the prices higher a lot of firearm prices are coming down.  I read an article recently that expected several AR manufacturers to go under and prices to go back down to around $500.  Right now I am seeing those that were selling for 1200 now going for 600, base models and open market of course.

Is it somehow bad that Colt has lowered their prices? They're trying to reach the public! I bought a 1911 Gov't model for $699.00 out the door! I bought a Colt Mustang pocket lite for $475.00 out the door! They've lowered their prices on their AR's and I think I may buy one! Good for Colt!!! I can hardly wait to get the new Cobra, which is priced very reasonably at $699.00 MSRP, which means we'll be buying that for around $650.00

Now if they could only do something with their SAA's prices and availability!!!!;)

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Is it somehow bad that Colt has lowered their prices? They're trying to reach the public! I bought a 1911 Gov't model for $699.00 out the door! I bought a Colt Mustang pocket lite for $475.00 out the door! They've lowered their prices on their AR's and I think I may buy one! Good for Colt!!! I can hardly wait to get the new Cobra, which is priced very reasonably at $699.00 MSRP, which means we'll be buying that for around $650.00

Now if they could only do something with their SAA's prices and availability!!!!;)

This. The entire history of Colt has been to hitch their wagon to the military contracts first and the civilian market second. Well after the most recent bankruptcy and reorganizing efforts, they are starting to push more for the civilian market knowing that the government contract business isn't working out as well as it once was. This could be a good thing for the rest of us. They recently halted all custom shop orders so that they can catch up with the tremendous backlog, and going forward are planning on new orders taking one year or less. I too am hoping for more SAA's to start hitting the street in the near future so that us shooters can get them as well and not just the collectors.

Colt has a lot of self inflicted problems.  However, there are going to be a lot of bargains on gun prices in the next year or two because of the politics.  People are not "fear" buying.  Lots of stuff on the shelf.

MS

I'll be keeping my eye open fer a  Colt 1911 Super .38. Always wanted one of them. 

Nickle plated too? Hmmm. :oI might hafta give them a call. Thanks for the heads up.

The the capacity of manufacturers of MSR's and their parts exceeds the current demand; so, the prices are low.  I just built an AR15/300 Blackout for $390 not including the transfer costs.  The parts were purchased from Brownells. The only cost advantage to building one using an 80% lower is the FFL & NIC's check fees.  I think ammo costs have hit the bottom because the lowest internet price for 223/556 & 22LR have been stable for months.

Archived