SASS Wire Forum

The GD post office

Tascosa, SASS# 24838

I ordered 2 Wilson mags for my Commander from Midway. The got the order out in fantastic time. It got to Amarillo PO on the 22 of this month. I still haven't got it yet. No wonder the USPO is going broke! I have always had trouble with the PO, but not with UPS or FED EXP. This is the last thing I order that goes by our Post Office. I wll pay extra for UPS or FED EXp.

End of rant.

UPS-Good

FedEx-Good

USPS-Good

The new method that many (including Midway) use is ship UPS or FedEx to USPO distribution center for delivery by USPS seems to always go wrong. Coming to me they seem to always get hung up in Houston PO.

Last thing I received USPS was picked up in Evansville, IN on Saturday 11/19 and I had it in my hand in East TX 11/21. No complaint there. If it's something important I check and if carriers are mixed, I pay the extra for single carrier.

You Ain't seen nuthin yet. 'Tis the season.

Edited by Utah Bob #35998

I placed a amazon order from Indiana. Items was USPS from Ohio to Michigan to Washington state to Michigan to Ohio to Indiana.

Another amazin order was UPS to Indiana from Ohio. It also bounced around in circular route around Indiana before it was delivered

Both items were clearly indicated as firearm relayed. Suspect anti-gun handlers got their jollies by throwing my orders on the wrong truck.

Edited by Matthew Duncan

• 2 weeks later...

If you wanna' see a convoluted shipping event, check this out. I ordered a headlight replacement kit for Ol' Green off of evil-bay!! It was shipped from California via FedEx last Monday!! <_<:rolleyes::rolleyes::angry:

Estimated delivery Monday, Dec 5, 2016

- Hide shipping details
✓ Shipping info received
✓ In transit

Time and date Place Message

Monday, Dec 5, 2016 8:58 AM ASHLAND CITY , TN Out for delivery - Out for delivery with the U.S. Postal Service

Sunday, Dec 4, 2016 6:45 AM ASHLAND CITY , TN At U.S. Postal Service facility - Accepted by U.S. Postal Service

Sunday, Dec 4, 2016 1:17 AM NASHVILLE , TN

In transit - In transit to local Post Office - Allow two to three additional days for delivery

Saturday, Dec 3, 2016 9:08 AM OLD HICKORY , TN Delivery exception - Rerouted to correct delivery address

Saturday, Dec 3, 2016 4:03 AM OLD HICKORY , TN At U.S. Postal Service facility - Accepted by U.S. Postal Service

Friday, Dec 2, 2016 2:41 PM ASHLAND CITY , TN In transit - In transit to U.S. Postal Service

Friday, Dec 2, 2016 1:01 AM N/A Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

Friday, Dec 2, 2016 12:08 AM FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN , MS Departed FedEx location

Thursday, Dec 1, 2016 6:11 PM FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN , MS Arrived at FedEx location

Thursday, Dec 1, 2016 7:41 AM MEMPHIS , TN Departed FedEx location

Thursday, Dec 1, 2016 3:04 AM MEMPHIS , TN Arrived at FedEx location

Wednesday, Nov 30, 2016 4:07 PM WEATHERFORD , OK In transit

Wednesday, Nov 30, 2016 4:05 AM GALLUP , NM In transit

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 3:57 PM SANTA FE SPRINGS , CA Left FedEx origin facility

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 1:26 AM SANTA FE SPRINGS , CA Arrived at FedEx location

Monday, Nov 28, 2016 9:56 PM N/A

Shipment information sent to FedEx

JUST PLAIN STUPID!!!

fortunately it will be on time :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Blackwater 53393

The crazy thing is, I've ordered lots of stuff and had it shipped USPS and even priority, and I've shipped the same way and never had a single problem. It's always when UPS or FedEx drop their stuff on USPS!!

Anytime two carriers interline it is a disaster. The UPS / USPS shipping that Midway uses is the worst. I think both UPS and the USPS try to make each other look bad when they interline. Either one on their own does much better. Our local FEDEX delivery drivers can't find an address two days in a row. If they don't have to have a signature they just throw the package at the door from the street. My last Dillon shipment was almost on the porch.

I used to have an old yellow cat that would climb up into the UPS truck when he was dropping off packages at the house. On a couple of occasions he got back to the UPS depot and discovered the cat and brought him back. The cat's name was Lucky, by the way and I would reward the UPS driver with packages of Buffalo meat. My wife wondered why the UPS driver didn't just shut the door when he got out of his truck and I think it was because he liked the Buffalo meat.

• 2 weeks later...

Placed an Amazon order Monday. Screen said "Order within the next 18 minutes for same day delivery!"

So I had the order in within two minutes, and clicked the "same day" button.

Got a confirmation email saying package would arrive Thursday.

Last night tracking "green bar" showed it almost here... "arriving tomorrow by 8:00 PM"

This morning the tracking "green bar" says it will be shipping soon.

Sometimes I wonder if they just randomly use one o' them li'l flip arrow game spinner thingees... :rolleyes:

With millions of packages flying around the country, some screw ups are bound to occur. I have good luck generally so

I try to focus on the correct deliveries rather than the occasional incredible mis-routing fiascos tha are hard to believe. I tracked a package from Californin through about 18 states once before it got to Colorado. Went all the way to Maryland. Twice.

Life contains a particle of risk. ;)

As you can see in post #6, my headlights actually came to my own post office on Dec. 2nd and then on to two other postal facilities before returning to my post office and finally being delivered three days later on Dec. 5th!!! :wacko::blink::lol: (Blackwater shakes head in disbelief and amazement.)

I can't get mail delivery at my physical address, so always use my PO box #. Sometimes the shipper says "Can't send to PO box, so I give my street address and then they ship USPS anyway and the Post office ( in a different town from my PO box ) returns it. Took 3 times to get a shotgun once and over a month. That gun had some serious miles on it by the time I got it.! Still amazed the box held up to all that and didn't get glommed by somebody as it was in the original factory box without any disguise!