SASS Wire Forum

Please Welcome "Ellie Phant"

Eyesa Horg

I'm HAPPY to announce that my missus has decided to join our family of Cowboy/Cowgirls and all the fun that goes with it. Her alias is "Ellie Phant" SASS # 104987 :) Ellie is off to a great start with a pair of Jimmy Spurs Rugers and I'm currently, with Widders help setting up a Marlin 1894CS for her. Can't wait for spring to shoot with her!

EH

Welcome Mrs. Phant.Hope you have as much fun as I do.

Welcome to the range! But why wait until spring? Have you a place to shoot between now and then?

She still needs a holster rig and a shotgun---after the 1st of the year! Besides it's getting winter like here. My last match was this past Sunday. Time to clean & load now ( for 2 calibers!)

EH

Thank you for the warm welcome, pards! You are the greatest bunch of people, as I have witnessed upon my few visits to some shoots. I look forward to participating in the Spring :P . Faux ivory grips would be nice, but I'll stay away from the real ones. Thank you all so much again for the warm and friendly welcome!

Ellie Phant (Mrs. Horg)

Wanna trade? I've been trying to get Mrs. Lose to try CAS out for 10 years and she won't do it. I'll throw in a pretty nice 1873.

Wanna trade? I've been trying to get Mrs. Lose to try CAS out for 10 years and she won't do it. I'll throw in a pretty nice 1873.

It's taken me a while also Yul. Back in August at our State shoot a lady shooter "Nanny Oakley" asked her to try a stage and coached her thru it. All of a sudden Ellie is now interested and I'm runnin' with it! I'm surprised Mrs. Lose doesn't do it just so she could push around one of your beautiful gun carts.

It's taken me a while also Yul. Back in August at our State shoot a lady shooter "Nanny Oakley" asked her to try a stage and coached her thru it. All of a sudden Ellie is now interested and I'm runnin' with it! I'm surprised Mrs. Lose doesn't do it just so she could push around one of your beautiful gun carts.

I'll sweeten the deal, I'll throw in a gun cart.

Dang Yul---Now you're getting serious! Not sure Ellie would like Californy however. She's pretty much a thru & thru New England Yankee. Besides---then who would have to shoot with then after all this effort? :P

By the way---- Those engraved ROA's are pretty dang sweet, nice job.

Welcome Mrs Phant....would you please call my wife...Jim

Funny you say that Jim. Took me 4 years of asking Cowgirls/Ladies when Mrs. Horg was with me to talk her into trying it. Then this August it happened with no input from me and there was that grin we watch for with a newbie--- you know the one you couldn't kick off their face! I kept rather quiet about it and when we got home she was already on the internet looking for elephant pix to put on her holster or buttstock (the rifles) :P . Even found her ordering a skirt & blouse from Wild West Merch. Now I just hope she really stays with it next year :) . "Good Luck" with Mrs. Horse, be patient and don't push too hard. Try to get her to matches with a lot of Lady shooters and hopefully she'll come around.

EH

He won't trade!!

Archived