SASS Wire Forum

New World Record - Speed Rifle!

Deuce, you are always an amazement to watch shoot....you are one of a kind and if you haven't already found out.....get to know him, he's a pretty nice guy. We all know he's a good husband and father.....

KK

I really hate spotting for Deuce, just can't keep up with him in real time.

With that said he is one of the nicest Cowboy around, always willing to help

and give advice. I will never shoot that fast but I'm grateful I get to shoot with him.

Dirty Bart

Deuce is a fabulous shooter with every gun he puts in his hands.

And though a good traveling distance separates us, I've been able to call him a friend for about 8-9 years now.

But besides his ability to handle a rifle so fast, to get a Marlin to run this fast and reliable, a GOOD RifleSmith had to do some nice work inside the Marlin. And my guess is that Cowboy Carty was/is the master for this piece.

Marlins just don't jump out of the box and start running sub 2 runs for 10 shots.

So to whomever had a part in setting up this Marlin, I think it would be an honorable thing to get a little recognition also.

SALUTE !

..........Widder

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Have had a lot of fun doing these videos over the years. Gotta thank CC Top Mayor of Paradise Pass for letting us come and play on the range. Also my good friend Cowboy Carty for running the timer and camera. It takes a bit of work to get these done and Carty has been a big part of that for me. Spur and Cary are responsible for the rifle running like it does, true innovators in our game. Doc and Spence have been so gracious in hosting and maintaining their websites and offered us a place to see cool CAS videos long before youtube was cool. Thanks again guys.

I kind of think Deuce is slowing down cause the last time I saw him shoot the Marlin he went through a case of bullets one right after the other and on this Marlin he only shot off 10 rounds.

Maybe age is creeping up on some one.

Hardy, Har, Har, Just jerking your train Deuce. Good job pilgrim.

Jackrabbit

Wow! My ears may deceive me but I think he got off two shots before the timer finished buzzing! Impressive!

Thats the only part of the run I was not happy with. That .29 first shot needs to be better, but thats all I had that day.

Deuce, what do you think you can get the first shot down to?

My goal is always a very clean start. I cannot play the anticipate the timer game so I don't waste any time or ammo trying. Believe it or not it's a massive energy dump and for me worrying about the first shot kinds blows all my energy. This run was by far the most consistent I've ever had pertaining to shot splits. .24 to .26 first shot combined with the splits i had would be my ideal run. There are guys that can break it down and put much more thought into it than I can considering I spent most of the time thinking about the pizza and beer Carty and I were gonna crush afterwards LOL.

My goal is always a very clean start. I cannot play the anticipate the timer game so I don't waste any time or ammo trying. Believe it or not it's a massive energy dump and for me worrying about the first shot kinds blows all my energy. This run was by far the most consistent I've ever had pertaining to shot splits. .24 to .26 first shot combined with the splits i had would be my ideal run. There are guys that can break it down and put much more thought into it than I can considering I spent most of the time thinking about the pizza and beer Carty and I were gonna crush afterwards LOL.

I hear you! Speaking of those, we had pizza for lunch and I have a 9% Double IPA waiting on me at home! Dang it! Now I have to drool for a little while....

Learned from Long Hunter a long time ago about going on the start of the buzzer and am working on that, myself. Love the random delay from timer operators that give me a good chance to practice it!

Now I would like to see that video at regular speed, now that we've seen it in slo mo.

Archived