SASS Wire Forum

Size Comparison

Subdeacon Joe

Dang them is ugly aeroplanes. :)

But the eight (8) Fifty calibers, and that dang 30 mm are sure beautimus.

Both an infantrymen's best friend.

Hey! Jugs are great looking! Sleek and curved where they need to be. Warthogs have a somewhat cubist look to them.

Dang them is ugly aeroplanes. :)

But the eight (8) Fifty calibers, and that dang 30 mm are sure beautimus.

Both an infantrymen's best friend.

If you want pretty go find a woman who will put up with you.

These weren't meant to be works of art, but engines of death and destruction.

We need more of pretty and more of death and destruction..... in no particular order.

Wonder how it would stack up against an F-4U Corsair? They always seemed big to me, especially beside of a P-51.

Wore my 2012 Oshkosk Fly-In shirt today and had to smile when thinking of the wing that flew over the airfield at one point: B-17 flanked by a P-38, two P-51s and a Hellcat.

When I was a kid I always wanted to fly a P47 and shoot up German supply trains.

I got the great opportunity to fly tail gunner in a B-25 on a fly-by when George W. Bush was inaugurated as Governor of Texas. In tight formation on our starboard tail was a P-51 D, and on our port side was a P-40 with the Chinese markings and paint of the Flying Tigers, both in very close. We flew right down Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas, and I aint sayin' how low in case there may be some FAA guys who shoot cowboy. I was a pilot for 43 years, but this trip as a passenger is my greatest flying memory.

My dad loved the Jug!! Said at full power it could fly straight up!! At dead stick it only flew straight down!!!

He said if you put a big enough engine on it, you could make the Empire State Building fly and the Jug was flying proof!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived