SASS Wire Forum

Sick of Winter

Mountain Man Champ

Waiting to start our second year of CAS. Going stir-crazy for getting back out on range. Hurry up old man winter, let spring take over. Great folks in Cowboy. My wife and I love it! Cant wait to see everyone.

Hey MMC:

Phil the groundhog says 4 weeks - but maybe shooting a bit sooner with any luck...Long Nine scheduled Feb. 14, Litchfield Feb. 20. Saturday we had 31 shooters at Litchfield, and it was 58 degrees when I pulled out at 1:00! Don't know if we could match that again, but we did survive Iron Cowboy! Speaking of Sat., did you guys make it to RO?

Tusco Shoots all year too.

Have one comin' up this weekend, as a matter of fact!

--Dawg

Waiting to start our second year of CAS. Going stir-crazy for getting back out on range. Hurry up old man winter, let spring take over. Great folks in Cowboy. My wife and I love it! Cant wait to see everyone.

Well if it helps any, Spring starts March 20th this...Do you fell warmer now????

TL

The Groundhog I saw said "six more weeks (6x7=42 days) or just 42 more days!.. Either way, we shoot twice a month for twelve months. Don't like the cold (perhaps why I fled New England and now live in Florida) but I tolerate it. Winter around here usually has an accompanying breeze which all of the dark-siders really appreciate!.

Hey MMC:

Phil the groundhog says 4 weeks - but maybe shooting a bit sooner with any luck...Long Nine scheduled Feb. 14, Litchfield Feb. 20. Saturday we had 31 shooters at Litchfield, and it was 58 degrees when I pulled out at 1:00! Don't know if we could match that again, but we did survive Iron Cowboy! Speaking of Sat., did you guys make it to RO?

Wasn't it 6 more weeks? He didn't see his shadow so that means an early spring which is 6 weeks away. ;)

Flagstaff AZ has been an ice box and we are all driving south 2 hours to bask ans shoot in the warmer climate. AZ is wonderful!

We shoot all year around in Eastport and in Spirit Lake both in Far North Idaho. :)

Wasn't it 6 more weeks? He didn't see his shadow so that means an early spring which is 6 weeks away. ;)

The way I always heard it, and according to our friends at Wikipedia, if he sees his shadow it's 6 more weeks of winter, no shadow means early spring. According to the local weather chick, that means 4 weeks to go!

CS

The Palm Tree saw its shadow so

It's 12 more months of summer! :)

Archived