SASS Wire Forum

This tune is sure to light a fire!

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

Very Cool. I've always liked Celtic Woman's music. I'm married to a Scots- Irish, and English gal, who is a redhead.As is our daughter.

Cyrus,

Get home safe and enjoy.

Capt R. Hugh Kidnme

I was thinking this thread might be about The Doors...

Pleasantly surprised otherwise.

My wife is celtic. Her daddy was Irish and French, her ma was Scottish (Family name is Argyle), and she has red hair and freckles.

She doesn't play any instruments..... but she still make her own kind of music.

Argyle is a place in Scotland, near my ancestral homelands. A lot of surnames are place names, so undoubtedly your wife's ancestors hailed from Argyle. Given its proximity to my ancestral homeland (the clan seat was in Arrochar near Loch Lomond), we probably have some shared DNA at some point 1000 years ago.

Did you notice Lil' Bit was up on some 4-5" heels doing all that dancing.

What is it about the Irish that makes them dance around like they need to pee? The music is beautiful but all that squirming around is distracting.

Do you remember that time I came on a public forum and insulted your ethnic group? Me neither.

Do you remember that time I came on a public forum and insulted your ethnic group? Me neither.

I wasn't insulting the Irish! I was commenting on the choreography. I said quite clearly that the music was beautiful. If you took my comment as an insult I apologize. I've been married to a woman that is Irish and Sicilian for 48 years so I can't harbor many anti Irish sentiments. However, if you feel the need to insult Polish folk dancing in retaliation please be my guest.

Further proof that these ladies are not human at all, but mysterious and magical creatures ...

Not only do they dance, they skip-step with no shift in pitch or rhythm, they do it in skyscraper heels, and they look really, really good!

(And I was going to start out with a red-headed battle-shout, CLAN MAXWELL IS ​HERE! -- but watching the ladies ... I plumb forgot ...)

Archived