SASS Wire Forum

Just noticed...

Elk Creek LeMieux

Call me late to the game... But I just noticed this disgusting bit of communism pinned to the top of the forum...

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235550

Specifically the second word in that title...

......._1.jpg

While I'm probably among the worst examples of a Christian you can find, I'm a proud to have a relationship with God.

I cuss now and then, use tobacco here and there, (goin on 3 weeks without dip though), and keep rough company. But I know where my blessings have come from, I know who to thank for them, and I know who to apologize to for all the things I do each day that I shouldn't do...

And in today's day and age, with no single group allowed to tell another group that they aren't allowed to believe what they believe... In a country founded on that principal...

I am disgusted...

I am angry...

And I feel utterly betrayed that a fine organization such as this, that so strongly touts itself as a family friendly, even family focused, allows an individual, or a group of individuals, to place limits on the expression of their faith.

You can not stop me from stating what I believe. You do not own the internet.

My home club starts every match with the Pledge of Allegiance, and a Prayer to the one God, to bless us and keep us safe.

Shame on you, whoever you may be...

Your yellow streak is a mile wide, and it is shinning bright, even so much as to be seen from my location in another country...

With such a conspicuous lack of spine, you have no right to regulate the communication of those that would reenact the lives of our brave ancestors on the wild stage of our great country's second century. You are disallowing the discussion of the very reason we came to this land, and through conflict and determination, made it our own country...

You are not an ambassador of the ideals of the sport I've grown to love...

Resign your position.

YUP!!

Yep, we're in their house so it's their rules. I don't have a problem with that. Besides isn't this a forum for shooting? If I wanted religion I would go to church.

Well - the Saloon is a forum for many things beyond shooting....SASS & cowboy action shooting stuff on the Wire forum, 2nd Amendment stuff on the Team Sass forum, etc.

For me - I don't confine my 'religion' to just the church...try to have it as a part of my entire life. For others, thou can do as thou pleaseth :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I think there is a mite over reaction to the lead sentence. It prohibits PROMOTING religion. So it would be against the rules to write a post saying that the only true religion is XXX. Or posting stuff engaging in getting people to support a particular religion. There is no prohibition against mentioning God or as Birdgun Quail sez the SBSASSers.

I did not realize the founding fathers believed you could enter someone's 'house' dictate what the rules of that house should be and criticize them for the existing house rules.

The OPs position is no different than entering a man's house, tracking mud through the carpet, then criticizing him for daring to have a no shoes in the house rule.

I believe in the principles of the founding Fathers that made the USA the greatest country on earth.

I think most of us do. The problem is if we don't stand up to those that would completely stifle us it won't be the greatest country. I'm barely old enough to remember Ronald Reagan at all, but I can see this country has gone way down hill ever since he left office; the last seven years has been nearly a freefall. My son is 11 and my daughter is 7; I am VERY afraid of what the future holds for them.

May GOD bless America and if that statement offends you then you'll find out soon enough who is really offended.

I did not realize the founding fathers believed you could enter someone's 'house' dictate what the rules of that house should be and criticize them for the existing house rules.

The OPs position is no different than entering a man's house, tracking mud through the carpet, then criticizing him for daring to have a no shoes in the house rule.

Nah - it's just an observance and opinion. Of course, people can take it as they wish...

besides, it aint the owners that do the extremely selective interpreting and enforcing the rules based entirely on who it is that's doing the posting....

I believe in the principles of the founding Fathers that made the USA the greatest country on earth.

Amen :D

Anyhoo.....

Well, this was an interesting thread (can't imagine it will stay up too long) - can see where it will be one where folks might pile up against one another...defending this or that.....

Y'all have a good day, ya hear! :D

besides, it aint the owners that do the extremely selective interpreting and enforcing the rules based entirely on who it is that's doing the posting....

+INFINITY

Elk, I will ride the river with you anywhere, anytime, against anyone!!!!

Call me late to the game... But I just noticed this disgusting bit of communism pinned to the top of the forum...

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235550

Specifically the second word in that title...

......._1.jpg

While I'm probably among the worst examples of a Christian you can find, I'm a proud to have a relationship with God.

I cuss now and then, use tobacco here and there, (goin on 3 weeks without dip though), and keep rough company. But I know where my blessings have come from, I know who to thank for them, and I know who to apologize to for all the things I do each day that I shouldn't do...

And in today's day and age, with no single group allowed to tell another group that they aren't allowed to believe what they believe... In a country founded on that principal...

I am disgusted...

I am angry...

And I feel utterly betrayed that a fine organization such as this, that so strongly touts itself as a family friendly, even family focused, allows an individual, or a group of individuals, to place limits on the expression of their faith.

You can not stop me from stating what I believe. You do not own the internet.

My home club starts every match with the Pledge of Allegiance, and a Prayer to the one God, to bless us and keep us safe.

Shame on you, whoever you may be...

Your yellow streak is a mile wide, and it is shinning bright, even so much as to be seen from my location in another country...

With such a conspicuous lack of spine, you have no right to regulate the communication of those that would reenact the lives of our brave ancestors on the wild stage of our great country's second century. You are disallowing the discussion of the very reason we came to this land, and through conflict and determination, made it our own country...

You are not an ambassador of the ideals of the sport I've grown to love...

Resign your position.

Nah - it's just an observance and opinion. Of course, people can take it as they wish...

So if I walked into your house and told you that you were a communist with a yellow streak a mile wide and that you disgust me and should change your house rules to suit me, you would have no problem with that? It would just be an opinion that I had every right to express?

I may not agree with that type of behavior, (and I personally haven't seen much of it here) but it's still their prerogative. They establish and maintain this site.

The decision was not based on telling people what they can or can't believe only that SASSWire history has shown that such discussions concerning politics and religion tend to lead to very nasty posts and personal attacks. These have no place on the SASSWire and thus are removed.

Doc

To all concerned with this topic:

Yes, this is a land of free speech, freedom of religion, and the right of assembly. However, we all know religion and politics are extremely emotional issues, issues that will not be resolved or settled by even face to face discourse. And, we all know that there are a fair number of people that simply do not know how to have a civil disagreement over the internet. Many times, folks will say things they wouldn't dream of saying to someone in person.

The Wild Bunch made a decision years ago, that these subjects, while certainly valid, are not really a part of our Cowboy Action game and would serve no good purpose by being touted on the wire. Believe in whatever religion you will, have strength in your political views, but be a good cowboy, demonstrate your faith through your actions, and just go play Cowboy Action! Cowboy Action Shooting is the common activity that ties us all together; and we are all bound by a code we call "The Cowboy Way"... this code and its principles are bound together by a respect for each other.

Politics has proven to be an even tougher subject to regulate. Most (but certainly not all) of our members felt the threat to our gun rights and Second Amendment privileges invoked by the Obama Administration. We were all concerned … that’s one of the reasons gun sales soared and powder and primers became scarce as hen’s teeth. SASS, though Colonel Dan, felt compelled to educate our members regarding the Second Amendment and to encourage political action that would protect our gun rights. Yes, some of this found its way onto the wire … and was allowed to stand. Without these rights, SASS would cease to exist … and so would the wire!

Regarding bad language, profanity, and sexism—none of these are appreciated in polite society, are not needed in any discussion of firearms, ammunition, targets, rules, or the like. They are inappropriate at worst and off-topic at best.

These are just some of the things our moderators look for when monitoring wire conversations. Personal assignations are another. If nobody cared about any of these things … there’d be no need for any wire monitors. But we do care, and we do have wire monitors who do a wonderful, thoughtful job of keeping the wire clean. Being a wire moderator is a constant, thankless job. Yes, everyone has free speech, but there are limits. These are our limits.

Please be respectful and don't badger the moderators for enforcing the limits.

On behalf of the Wild Bunch,

Misty Moonshine

Archived