SASS Wire Forum

So it begins in Seattle

Short Wagon

The Seattle city council has advanced legislation that would impose new taxes on firearms and ammo. IT will be $25 per gun and $.05 per round of ammo.

I dont know about the rest of you here but I for one feel much safer......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/10/seattle-city-council-advances-gun-violence-tax/

A Brick of 22s, going to be very expensive.

MT

Are they thinking this will reduce crime? Or is it to punish the law abiding legal gun owners??

In their minds, it means votes from the mindless, and punishment for those that "oppose" them.

.22 rounds will be taxed at 2 cents each.

The tax will probably not withstand legal challenge, as Washington has a law that does not permit local laws that are more restrictive than state firearms law. But that remains to be seen.

If upheld, it will send the remaining (limited) firearms and ammo businesses out of the city.

Quote from Jeff Foxworthy

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

Don't give Denver ideas! :D

Denver's giving Seattle Ideas I'm afraid.

My Son jokes that everyone in Washington State East of the Cascades wants to secede and become part of Idaho.

The Seattle area population has grown so much larger than the rest the state that they have a supermajority and can impose their stupid agendas on the people living in the other 90% of the state.

Mostly pawn shops. Butch's is the only GS I know of. Don't recall if he is still open or not.

I don't think gun stores are Seattle's problem with firearms. Perhaps firearms from out of state

are a bigger issue, but I doubt that they will address that.

They ran out the few gun shops that were left in the city of Cleveland awhile back with rules like 500ft. from a school, church or liquor establishment. Yea right! It had to be in an area zoned for commercial business like factories, warehouses etc. That did a lot of good!!!! There's gun shops all around the city in the suburbs and also a few indoor shooting ranges although those are few and far between. :excl:

Yes we have a state RCW that says this is illegal. It will be challenged in court, and it will be thrown out just like Seattle tried to outlaw guns in city parks.

I don't see it happening anytime soon Charlie….It's why I'm moving to Idaho in a couple years when I retire from the PD. I'm tired of the entire state of Washington being controlled by the idiots in Seattle

Seattle may be a culture unto itself, and some may blow this off as a laughing matter, but living in Ca, and seeing what is happening here, this is no laughing matter. But our 2nd amendment rights are being chipped away little by little because the so called "silent" majority will not stop being silent. You folks should think long and hard about this befor it hits your town and state! Enough said,

Sincerely, Will Lynchem.

Archived