SASS Wire Forum

Powder is available

Swift Stoney 49735

Graf & Sons just called and said my order for Clay Dot was in and they were shipping it today. Yeah! While on the phone with Josh (sales rep 1-800-571-2666 ext 115) he told me about a European powder for which Graf is the exclusive US distributor. It is called Noble Sport and is used in rifle, pistol and shotgun loads. Guess what, Graf has it available for immediate shipment. I ordered a couple of pounds of Noble Sport Vectan A-24 to try in my shotgun loads. If you are scrambling for powder you might want to consider calling Graf and speaking with Josh. After I load a few hundred shells and shoot them I will let you know how they performed.

What we really need is to get some Trail Boss powder in the stores. I am loading for 3 and am just about out, so I have been working up some Unique loads as I have a bit of that.

Slim, I am not sure if what Graf has will substitute for Trail Boss but to do recall at least one of the Noble products was a doughnut shaped powder. Wish you were not in CA as I would gladly loan you a few pounds of Trail Boss.

Thanks, but it is not a shoot or no shoot situation. The Unique loads seem fine, albeit a bit more recoil. I just have to be extra careful to avoid double charges, especially since the loads are for my wife and kids. I shoot BP, so no such problems. The Trail Boss powder just added another layer of safety to the process. The Unique loads actually fill the cases pretty well, so I'd have to be pretty careless to double them. With the TB it is just about impossible.

Interesting timing. I just now received an email from Brownell's saying my backorder for Trail Boss, dated 12-31-13, is being canceled because the manufacturer is unable to provide an estimated delivery date. The prospects for getting Trail Boss any time soon, or ever, for that matter, don't look too bright.

Interesting timing. I just now received an email from Brownell's saying my backorder for Trail Boss, dated 12-31-13, is being canceled because the manufacturer is unable to provide an estimated delivery date. The prospects for getting Trail Boss any time soon, or ever, for that matter, don't look too bright.

Got the same note from Brownell's on some Clay Dot. The email said they haven't had any in stock for two years and the manufacturer could not give them an estimated delivery date so they were cancelling my order. Heck, it was so long ago I forgot about it!

Now that is interesting Larsen. The order I had back ordered at Graf was for Clay Dot and they shipped 8 lbs to me today. I guess the suppliers are picking and choosing who they are sending supplies to.

What we really need is to get some Trail Boss powder in the stores. I am loading for 3 and am just about out, so I have been working up some Unique loads as I have a bit of that.

Interesting, our local Sportsmans Warehouse just got in 4 x 5# containers of Trail Boss @ $125 each.

Don't know how to get it to you but I can check if they still have some.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Interesting, our local Sportsmans Warehouse just got in 4 x 5# containers of Trail Boss @ $125 each.

Regards

Gateway Kid

You'll have to do a FTF-You can in no way ship it, no how. Don't even try :excl:

OLG

Regards

Gateway Kid

The plot thickens..............

Tuesday when I visited the new Sportsmans Warehouse in town, they had just received four 5 lb jugs of Trail Boss as well! I couldn't believe it, I was standing at the counter with their powder availability sheet in hand when the fellow came around from the back and said they just got in four 5lb jugs of Trail boss if I was interested, it was like winning the lottery since I have been wanting to try it since I took up Cowboy action shooting. Looks like Sportsman Warehouse might have passed out four jugs to each of their stores and it was up to fate whether you got any or not.

I worked up some loads, ran out to the country and shot them through my chronograph then decided on a favorite load and now have enough to load 10,000 rounds!

You'll have to do a FTF-You can in no way ship it, no how. Don't even try :excl:

OLG

As I said "Don't know how to get it to you"

Did NOT offer to ship it.

I DO know how not to get it to him.

I was simply checking if Slim was headed this way or knew someone who was.

If I could help out by buying and holding some powder for a friend that is not your concern.

Regards

Gateway KId

If I could help out by buying and holding some powder for a friend that is not your concern.

Regards

Gateway KId

Your welcome. ;)

OLG

For you black powder shooters, Grafs has lowered its prices on their brand of black powder. I bought a couple of pounds of Reenactor to load 10 shotgun. It looks good. Looks like a mix of 2f and 1f. Grafs Reenactor is a bit over $10/pounds.

Regards

Gateway KId

WOW...... OLG has to be one of the more helpful people on this forum. Didn't deserve that for sure.

-JD

WOW...... OLG has to be one of the more helpful people on this forum. Didn't deserve that for sure.

-JD

Would definitely agree with the first part.

In fact if I had made an error I would hope he would chime in and help set me straight.

He has a treasure trove of knowledge gathered from years in the shooting sports.

I made no error and stated no incorrect facts.

It is my opinion that he felt an apparent need to correct me on something that was not part of the conversation and that was unnecessary.

If I have upset him I apologize... :excl:

Regards

Gateway Kid

Now that is interesting Larsen. The order I had back ordered at Graf was for Clay Dot and they shipped 8 lbs to me today. I guess the suppliers are picking and choosing who they are sending supplies to.

It's only cause your so handsome or your wife is so good lookin......

When we started SASS 2 years ago I had some odd amount of Unique and an unopened 8 pound canister. I was loading my 45 Colt and Mary's 44 Special with it. I noted the rate I was using it and decided I'd better be looking. I put in a "notify me" with MidwayUSA and put an order in at Grafs for an 8 pound jug. Then in the winter I walked into Grafs retail as they were stocking their powder cupboard. I asked if they had gotten in any Unique. They had and I was able to get 8 pounds.

I did get a notice from MidwayUSA but it was all go before I got there. I doubt if I ever here from Grafs.

Archived