SASS Wire Forum

SASS Central Divisional / US Open Championships

Oklahoma Dee

Oklahoma, we always like to hit a place fairly close to the range in a town called Coulterville, name of the eating establishment is Pistol City, western decor inside, buffet is always good as are the menu items.

OK Folks Sorry to have been out of touch for a while but we have, oh heck no excuses we have just been goofing off sittin around the house doin nothin :)

Any way NO !! the place is not closing at least not before the US OPEN

The new governor seams to be making changes that will be for the benefit of the all that use THE WORLD SHOOTING COMPLEX.

Now that said it still politics and I hate that stuff. I do have some pretty high contacts and have been assured that we will not be affected.

For the confirmation letters they are going out this week We have had several matches and events happening and just cleared them all out of the computer to load up the US Open Entries.

The general plan is as follows.

Thursday Morning at 930am will be the 5 stage warm up match . We have a neat event planned where we will have world champions coaching each posse and the posse score average will be kept with some pretty cool surprises for that posse, rules will be discussed at warm up safety meeting.

Thursday at 12 noon the side matches are going to open FRISCO RED is helping me with them this year and it will be Great!

At 1 or 130 depending on how the warm ups finish the Wild Bunch Match will start for 4 stages .

Thursday night and this will totally depend on the government of the Sparta range we plan to have a shotgun game set up under the lights at the grandstands again this year that is still pending.

Friday morning at 9am the safety meeting for the main match will take place on the range . We will shoot 5 stages and plan to be finished by 1pm. We will start the team matches at 2 pm and run until finished .

We will have a team on team event and play horse again this year right in the middle of the range .

Friday night at 6 we will kick off the cowboy carnival with fair foods and games.

Saturday we will shoot the last five stages of the main match and then Saturday night we will have a Holiday Feast and Awards in the main event center.

The stages and games are centered around the Celebration of America with stages based on Christmas , Valentines , New Years, Thanksgiving ,Halloween , Veterans day , Memorial Day , ST, Patty's Easter and 4th of July.

Iron Maiden is my assistant match director and has some awesome range props in place for us this year

The Saturday Banquet will be a costume prize party for any holiday and as always best cowboy and cowgirl, after all that why we are here.

Food will be catered for Friday night and Saturday meals which are included in the all inclusive price and lunch will be available to purchase at the range or in the on site restaurant ( Very Very Good food) Also several great places to eat in town I am sure we will eat at South Side ribs on Wednesday if not more.

We have over 300 camp sites reserved with more available if needed the hotels in town are filling up but plenty more are available less than 45 minutes away.

I do not get on this here wire that much any more but if you need us feel free to call my cell at 270-349-4392 leave a message if I miss the call and I WILL call back.

or email us at mose@mosenbella.com or Bella@mosenbella.com Entry information is available at Mosenbella.com

Hope to see ya in Sparta its gonna be great!!

MOSE

It's on my schedule. Sent my app in months ago

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Not to be smart what is a warm match?

Also is this match utv SxS friendly?

Shoot 3 or 4 stages on side match day to get the rust out. Might not shoot all guns on all the stages. Depending on signups, I've seen 6 posses shoot 4 stages, so score keeping is for personal use. Sometimes there are awards.

What is UTV? As to SxS friendly, I have not seen much from Mose using an odd number of SG targets.

CR

Shoot 3 or 4 stages on side match day to get the rust out. Might not shoot all guns on all the stages. Depending on signups, I've seen 6 posses shoot 4 stages, so score keeping is for personal use. Sometimes there are awards.

What is UTV? As to SxS friendly, I have not seen much from Mose using an odd number of SG targets.

CR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_by_Side_%28UTV%29

I am looking for powder & fed small pistol primers. Bella told me that Ringer Bullets & Clark Bullets will be there & both may have powder. Specifically looking for American Select and Win 238/HP 38 ( but also would consider 700x, Reddot, Claydot).

Ringer/Scarlett Darlin,

Will you guys be bringing any powder or primers?

Anyone local know if there are any gunstores nearby that might have any? Or even any gunstores nearby that we should check out just because they are there & well you never know when a gun might accidentally jump into your hands & say "please take me home".

Thx. Roper

I know both of them will be bringing what ever they can get their hands on . Ringer did have some 700 x not sure if any is left.

I have a lot of powder on order and will bring whatever I can get also, should be some of those dots. I will only sell what ever they do not have with them.

Primers I am out but I think both of them have primers.

I'll have 700x and Titegroup. I'll also have some federal small and large pistol primers. Come early, I don't know how long they will last???

I'm going to have some shot also...$38.00 a bag.

If your needing any quantity of bullets or a not so common size? it's always nice to give me a shout, so I can have them available for you to pick up👍🏼

It's hard to haul quantities of every bullet.

RingersBullet.com

Lead ringer, do you gave #6 shot?

Nope. My shoot comes out of 7.5 drippers. You do get a mixture of sizes, but not that big.

What ya hunting anyway??

Everyone bring plenty of extra ammo! You don't want to run out and miss some of the extra events. Practice your trick shooting, it may very well be needed. If you have ever enjoyed playing "horse" in basketball then you are in for a treat playing it with guns! And if you don't want to participate then you will get a big show! If you have never shot Mose's stages then you are gonna have a great time. I hope you folks have great imaginations! They will be gamer stages. So put on your thinking hat, or don't{lol} and come on. I promise you will have the best time!

Not in the cards for this year, but still in the deck. I've not been able to make Florida, Ohio .GOA and am not sure about even Michigan as all is on hold. I do know that Mose and Bella put on one hell of a shoot. Looks like a good group of pards and pardettes are comin. Sure wish I could be there....will make it in 2016 if at all possible.

Good luck all.....have a great shoot.

KK

Come on folks, who else is coming? Mose and Bella sure put on a great match. Mose was voted as one of the top stage writers in SASS. Come on and see what he has in store for us. You will love every minute of it. If you don't then you can come whine to me. LOL

The match is great and in the afternoon you can stop by Wal Mart and pick up shotgun shells. Win aa featherlites. Best price around.

QHB, Snazzy, & I will be there. 90 Minutes from Snazzy's college campus!

And just a heads up...The Grand American trap match is taking place at Sparta right now and on a trap forum someone discussed not being able to buy shells at the Walmart unless you purchase a $35 Illinois Hunting License or are from a bordering state.

So if you are flying in...buy your shells in Missouri.

AA

You go, MOSE!!!

Folks!! Mose 'n' Bella are some of the best hosts in S.A.S.S.!!

I've never asked for anything within reason that they have not tried to make it happen!!

Is there a shooters list posted somewhere?

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Mose, is there still time to send in an entry? Kansas City Sneed has agreed to go with me and would like to shoot.

OkDee

• 2 weeks later...

Archived