SASS Wire Forum

Guns confiscated by TSA

This is part of an article I found on the Fox News website:

The TSA Blog tallies the number of confiscated firearms each week. The blog also said screeners continue to find inert grenades and other weaponry on a weekly basis.

“Please keep in mind that if an item looks like a real bomb, grenade, mine, etc., it is prohibited," The TSA Blog advises.

The TSA Blog said security screeners grabbed the 181 firearms in carry-on baggage from Oct. 3 to Oct. 30.

Last week a total 41 guns were confiscated. Thirty-four were loaded and 10 had rounds chambered.

The TSA Blog says screeners at the Denver airport were busy. They found three guns on two dates, October 27 and 28.

Last year, the TSA confiscated 1,813 firearms from carry-on bags.

Amazing to me that there are that many people trying to get guns onboard, and even more amazing that 10 had rounds chambered!

I suppose anything belt fed is out? Dang Feds......Jim

I suppose anything belt fed is out? Dang Feds......Jim

Jim,

Yeah, but if your TSA pre-screened , you donlt have to take the belt off anymore.......... :unsure:

Recently fiying back from San Diego I said 'nice dog' to the TSA guy as I waited in the pre screened line..no comment. ..then I said, Glad I wasn't reloading before I came to the airport. He said 'That's not funny'... I said I wasn't trying to be funny. What I said was 'I am glad I wasn't reloading before I came to the airport. Wrong thing to say again...got to cut in line and got the whole nine yards...still made my plane but not before meeting several TSA fellows...Jim

Recently fiying back from San Diego I said 'nice dog' to the TSA guy as I waited in the pre screened line..no comment. ..then I said, Glad I wasn't reloading before I came to the airport. He said 'That's not funny'... I said I wasn't trying to be funny. What I said was 'I am glad I wasn't reloading before I came to the airport. Wrong thing to say again...got to cut in line and got the whole nine yards...still made my plane but not before meeting several TSA fellows...Jim

Seriously? You oughta know that those people have no sense of humor in matters like that. I don't engage them in conversation at all.

Seriously? You oughta know that those people have no sense of humor in matters like that. I don't engage them in conversation at all.

One of the secondary reasons I don't fly anymore, I am too much of a smart ass not to say something to the TSA people that'll get me in trouble.

Guess I won't get be on the pre screen list anymore...think Bob is correct but I lean towards Boondoggles plan....Jim

Think before you speak.

What is the average TSA agent going to think you're talking about when you say "reloading"? It's probably a good bet not 1 in 100 even know cartridges can be reused and people can do it themselves.

What Bob said! Thats akin to smarting off to ICE at the border and telling them you're from Iran or some nonsense. You aren't going across that bridge anytime soon. Most of these people are pretty nice in spite of having to screen thousands of people in a day....a single off-comment could lead to making an extreme example out of you.

Hindsight is 20/20...dang me mouth...

I have nothing nice to say about the T(oo) S(tupid) for A(rby's) bunch. I get stripped damn near naked every time I fly because of an implant in my back. The medical card means squat to them. :angry:

Don't see any bragging about the ~20% plus of firearms they miss on their own internal audits, but then again, they shouldn't...

I fly every other week, so I'll stop there.

I'm with Harvey Mushman, I have to fly a lot. And while I think most of the TSA agents are failing badly, they, to some degree, are a lot like the wait staff at a restaurant. You don't want to piss them off. They are the ones who handle your food. Or in the case of TSA, help you make your flight. Or not.....

So, be a trouble maker to someone who can make LOTS of trouble for you.

I wonder what happens to the guns. I would think confiscated, but can you back out with your gun and catch a later flight after properly securing it? I haven't flown for a long time and never with a gun of any sort.

I wonder what happens to the guns. I would think confiscated, but can you back out with your gun and catch a later flight after properly securing it? I haven't flown for a long time and never with a gun of any sort.

They sell the guns on the black market in hopes that they can get them back for the Gun Buy Back Program....at least that's how the gov't thinks it through :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived