SASS Wire Forum

What's a Ruger Single Six .32 H&R Mag worth

Used $475.00 to S600.00 depending if stock or slicked by a Top notch Known Gunsmith

Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to buy any. One of my Pards has an 11 year old Buckarette that wants to shoot Black Powder like here Dad. I have a pair that I let here use this last weekend at our annual shoot and she fell in love with them and now Dad wants to buy them. I am just trying to figure out what would be a fair price to ask for them. I paid $425 each for them several years ago and would like to get back what I paid for them but I don't want to overcharge him. That's why I wanted to know what they are worth now. They are stock revolvers other than a reduced power mainspring.

This is a video of her shooting her first Black Powder. That's a 12ga SXS shotgun. You can't find BP in .22lr but by noon on the first day of the main match we had found her a Marlin with a short stock to use. By the end of the second day she was shooting it without assistance from dad.

MM, we have 2 ladys that shoot BP out of their 32s. Gunfighter,no less. My daughter started at 11,Ruger 32s and a 22 rifle,then to a 32-20 rifle,then to .45 Colt,44-40 rifle,and BP,then Quit. School and sports! No boys yet(she's headed to 18!) I miss her shootin,so keep-um as long as you can.

Parson

I haven't seen nor heard of a decent pair of .32 Rugers for sale for less than $1200 for some time. If you sell them to your friend for $900 that is more than fair.

Missouri Marshall....seeing that youngun shoot BP at night ain't nothin' but cool....good on ya'll for that. It's your money and all but I think ole JBB has a good idea in his post above.

Howdy Folks, Thanks for all the input. I decided to sell them to her (dad) for $400.00 each. I really enjoyed watching her shoot them and her smile was priceless.

MM, you're a class act!

Howdy Folks, Thanks for all the input. I decided to sell them to her (dad) for $400.00 each. I really enjoyed watching her shoot them and her smile was priceless.

Good on you! I hope that youngun gets as much fun shootin' them as I know you did seeing that they went to a good place where they will be appreciated.

Remember that a larger caliber rifle (Win73 clones--- .32 Marlins are all but impossible to find) will be noticeably lighter than the .32-20. Plus, the short rifles (16 & 18 inch barrels) are better balanced and therefore feel lighter. Just be sure the 16" rifle will hold 10 rounds. Length of pull on the rifle models is shorter than the carbine. Probably have to cut it down anyway so that might not matter.

That no .22 BP is just a rumor! My daughter and son and I are shooting the California BP Championship tomorrow and they will be shooting in Buckaroo/Buckarette and both will be shooting BP in their 410's and BP .22lr in their pistols. Yes, I had to make them myself. Yes, it took WAY longer to load than is reasonable. But it will be worth it to me. Good on you for selling those pistols at a reasonable price to help out a new shooter. Hopefully they will do the same when she outgrows them.

Pards and Pardettes, I am the dad of Cardinal Wind, she will be greatly surprised/stoked to receive the pistols from Missouri Marshall/Tricky Trina. I have also been able to find a Marlin like the one she shoots in the video above.

My daughter had been asking how long until she could shift to bigger guns - and with the generosity of MM and others it will be sooner than she knows

I have known MM and TT for a long time - they are top notch people, great friends and a lot of fun at the cowboy range!

Thankfully, the gunsmith who did the work to that marlin (in the video) is a good friend of mine, is the gunsmith at the ffl that I use and will be able to make the marlin coming in very similar to the one in the video.

Look for a post here in December and a FB update - I plan to surprise her at one of the December/Christmas matches!

Great job. The interest paid in smiles is priceless.

MM,

Well Done! You have continued the cowboy way legacy. But, you knew that when you sold them.

CBO

You're a class act, Missouri Marshal. :)

My daughter came to live with me full time when she was 12, and took to Cowboy Action Shooting like a fish to water. She's 21 now and moving on to other things, but I'll always remember these past years of shooting every weekend together as the very best times of my life.

Archived