SASS Wire Forum

Hope this isn't violating the rules

A few years back I bought a '73 Uberti from a guy and to sweeten the pot he threw in hundreds of rounds of loaded ammo.Most was lead and served as practice. Some were FMJ so today i got around to pulling the bullets which I'll use for 45ACP. The powder of which there is quite a bit I do not want to waste but it isn't labeled as to what it is only 10 gr with 200 gr bullets and noted For Thompson center only. It is a very fine grain powder and I have searched my manuals but can't find any FMJ loads for 45 Colt. Any ideas as to what the powder might be?

Howdy

You will never positively identify what the powder is. So you can never be sure what pressure you will be generating.

Dump it, it ain't worth blowing up a gun.

What they said. Not worth the danger involved.

I use an old board and draw a line of powder down the board. At the end I dump the remainder of the powder. Place out in the open, light the trail, get away and wait till it gets to the pile. It never seems to work like in the cartoons though.

Don't dump it........fire ant killer. Stir the mound up, apply said powder and light.

I hate's fire ants Sun

Edit.....Don't do this if there is a possibilty of it being black powder.

Don't dump it........fire ant killer. Stir the mound up, apply said powder and light.

I hate's fire ants Sun

Edit.....Don't do this if there is a possibilty of it being black powder.

Now we all know HOW those ants got their name..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Hey Hank,

where I live, the Farmers 200 acres boarders my property.

Which means I can normally safely shoot, especially .22 stuff.

I prefer the CB's.

anyhow, I got this apple tree out by the fence and during this time of year, the yellow jackets and wasp love to land on those apples on the ground.

I stretch out my hammock between two adjoining trees and manage to do alittle target plinking with my .22 revolver. The CB's don't cycle the actions of my .22 autos.

I guess I could do the same with that Fire Ant Queen..... :)

..........Widder

Write your name in 12 inch letters with it on your dads brand new just cured concrete driveway then light it....he'll never know it was you..... Oh wait that was me in 1978

Funny this topic came up. A while back I purchased a used 1911 where the individual gave me 50 of his handloads to go with the gun. I found those handloads the other day, recognized what they were and the first thing I am going to do is pull everything and depending on how the bullet looks, use just the bullets and the cases. Can never trust what someone else is putting in their guns, maybe it is perfectly fine to shoot....but maybe not? I myself don't want to find out. Better safe than sorry.

Archived