SASS Wire Forum

Pants fit tight in legs only?

Tombstone Tex

So I have noticed some threads with jokes about gaining weight etc. I suppose this isn't one of those threads, and more of a true sizing question.

I recently bought my first pair of cowboy pants. They are frontier classics gunfighter. The waist fits fine, no struggles when sitting down, don't feel the need to unbutton during a meal :lol: . My issue generally is that in through the legs fit quite snug. I notice a lot of other cowboys in pictures where their pants fit almost like suit pants, not baggy, but definitely not extremely tight. So my question becomes, should I order another size larger? maybe two? At that point, the waist would likely be unreasonably loose though (if we go two sizes up anyway). Any suggestions folks?

As always, many thanks for stopping by.

I have large thighs also and cafés. I find most fit tight unless they are tailored made I have a couple of military pants that were.

Get a bigger size. Braces will keep em up just fine. ;)

Well I will certainly do the bigger size, any other makers that I am ignorant about other than frontier classics ands wah maker?

Thee is a surefire solution, but I can't imagine someone with your alias showing up in kilts.

HA! true enough!

Bring your wife, partner, friend - whatever. Along and let THEM tell you what looks best. Then, go buy what you feel comfortable in.

34 cowboy pants are a little snug in the legs, on me, but 34 jeans fit me loose so I've stuck with that size. I figured the snug fit added authenticity. And anyone who's ever rode in warm weather for a few hours knows why :lol:

I wear 34 waist in jeans but 36" waist in Cowboy pants. :o:angry:

Is what it is. :(

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Ever hear of vanity sizing?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/08/vanity-sizing-mens-pants_n_709004.html

Dirty Dan

Never heard of it before now but thanks for pointing out that I'm probably a 38" waist. :lol:

Now I have to got and measure myself just to make sure I'm not.

I have noticed that all 34 inch waist pants are not created equally and have begun to try on before I buy.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I bet its more than that.....

I bought 34" for years. Now have gained some weight, 238 at last weigh in, and need 36. But with the tape measure around 41-42. :o

My theory is the snack/soda companies and clothes manufacturers are in cahoots with one another.

I weighed 195 lbs outta high school and wore a 33"-33". Now I'm 238 and wearing a 36"-33. Yeah right. 43 pound gain with only a 3" waist increase. I'm not buying it.

But hey, I'm gonna diet and exercise and get down to 215-220. I figure by the way they measure clothes today i can fit into a 30". ;) Probably have to get 36" leg length. They probably do cheat there too in order to make us feel taller.

Frontier Classics seem to fit me best....overall. They are however not without their drawbacks either.

I ordered three pair of FC's from Western Mercantile, all the same size, and all three fit completely different. And by different I mean the waist size. All three had different countries of manufacture....India, Mexico, and Indonesia. I found that odd.

EC

Ok so I am definitely not the only one experiencing this sort of fun. I definitely thought I was one of the few because there isn't a lot of discussion about it. Again, they are not skin tight in the legs, but a little more room would be appreciated haha.

Ok so I am definitely not the only one experiencing this sort of fun. I definitely thought I was one of the few because there isn't a lot of discussion about it. Again, they are not skin tight in the legs, but a little more room would be appreciated haha.

I am waiting for a SASS Fashion Forum to be started.

Archived