SASS Wire Forum

Anyone know where to find a cheap Cow hide with fur for living room rug

ethan callahan

Anyone know where to find a cheap cow hide (full size) with hair to use for a rug? I saw some at IKEA for around $200.00 anyone know of some place or someone who has them cheap?

looking for brown tones/colors maybe some white or black mixed in to go with the walls.

Thanks

I've bought them on ebay in the past.

200$ is not a terrible price for a fully tanned ready to use full sized hide. There are some for sale every year at our County Fair for 200 to 400, depending on colors. I've looked hard at them to reupholster some chairs. Hey YL, how much were they on EBay?

I think the cheapest I ever got one for was$175. I bought a real nice brindle one time for $325. It was exceptional.

Beef packing houses sell raw hides for about $25 each to leather company jobbers. If you have a lot of space and a poor sense of smell I guess you could try to tan your own!

Out in the pasture, but it will require some work on your part. You would get some steaks as a bonus.

C. S.

EC, if you buy a hide on Ebay make sure of the size before you buy it. Some of the hides on there are calf hides or half hides. If you want it for an area rug you want a large hide and those cost more.

Yep Tandy Leather when on sale . I got a nice one with a brand on it a couple years back they are heavy shipping might be expensive they usually have a bunch in stock if you find a store in your area .

Woodfox

Out in the pasture, but it will require some work on your part. You would get some steaks as a bonus.

C. S.

I don't think they hang rustlers nowadays, but you sure could wind up paying fines and maybe some jail time ifn that "slow elk" weren't yours to start with! :D

El Paso Saddle Blankets. Find them on line. I used to carry them in my general store a number of years back.

I was thinkin' the same thing yesterday. They have a very large selection in the store. But the public price is $350 plus shipping.

I found a Tandy store 2 hrs away so I went today after my glock shoot today which was only 1 hr away from Tandy. I bought a full size brindle hide for $100.00. Nice hide with a brand on it. Thanks for the info!!

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Hides with the hair on?

Try Orschlens maybe. I for one there in 2010 for $175.

They had Angus, Hereford, Jersey, Holstein, and spotted.

I got a hair on King size bedspread (hair on) in Afg for $150. But I would NOT suggest going there.

Mustang

Archived