SASS Wire Forum

Duke Shoots rifle left handed?

Diamond Curly SASS#57086

Iwas watching Comancheros movie yesterday and with five minutes to go in the movie the Duke is riding in the back of a wagon chased by Indians and is shooting left handed one minute and then shooting right handed in the next scene. I know he was good but to shoot both he was really good. My thinking is that maybe the film was reversed but who knows for sure. Have you ever seen the Duke shoot is trusty 92 other than right handed.

The Comancheros is one of my favorite John Wayne movies. It is interesting, however, that it is also one of the most historically inaccurate westerns he made. The movie takes place in 1843. Yet he is shooting Single Action Armies, Winchester 92s and wearing late 1890s style clothes. I love it anyway. :lol:

P.S. I have an old 45 rpm recording of Claude King singing "The Comancheros." Love the the song too.

So doesn;t Festus......right handed with his handgun and left with the rifle.......

The Comancheros is one of my favorite John Wayne movies. It is interesting, however, that it is also one of the most historically inaccurate westerns he made. The movie takes place in 1843. Yet he is shooting Single Action Armies, Winchester 92s and wearing late 1890s style clothes. I love it anyway. :lol:

P.S. I have an old 45 rpm recording of Claude King singing "The Comancheros." Love the the song too.

Yep!

Interesting find in Comancheros! - often they will purposely "flop" a scene to maintain the direction of the action (i.e., if all the action in the scenes before and after the one scene in question is moving left to right, and that one scene was shot by one of the extra camera on the other side of the scene - so that it was captured moving right to left - they'd flop that one scene to maintain continuity of motion.) In close-ups, this sometimes appears a shirts being buttoned the wrong way, hair parted the wrong way, etc. …RR

Well, I know you guys are just chucking and jiving on these buzz words.. but in the analog (film) days, they could only flop (horizontal) but in the today's digital world the editors can also flip (vertical). But that would mean that a shooter could not only be ambidextrous, but he could also be upsidedowntorous.. err… In either case, the bullets only go out from the gun, not into the gun… ahhh..RR

Archived