SASS Wire Forum

2013 SE Regional - Charleston, SC

Shamrock Sadie

The SASS SE Regional Championship (Gunfight at Givhan's Ferry) will be Nov 7-10, 2013, in Charleston, SC.

Get a taste of Charleston while you are here. Charleston's famous Low Country Boil will be served at the Saturday night gala (...and BBQ chicken if you don't like seafood).

Here's what we have planned for you:

- Thursday: Free side matches all day (pistol, rifle, shotgun, derringer, pocket pistol, and long range) ...plus... Black Powder and Wild Bunch matches ...plus... a Doily Gang Ladies Clinic

- Friday & Saturday: a Couples and a Team match ... and get this ... free tries at beating the World Record Stage times

- Friday Night: Movie under the big tent with popcorn and other stuff. Tickets will be given away (for door prizes) to all those that attend movie night

- Saturday Night: a Gala at a really nice country club just a hop, skip, and a jump from the range. Charleston's Low Country Boil and BBQ chicken will be served...plenty of napkins too!

- Sunday morning: Awards and a shootoff (Top 16 overall, Top 8 ladies, and all the youngins will get to be in the shootoff too!)

For more information, visit our website: http://givhansferry.homestead.com

Here is the link to the shooter application:

http://givhansferry.homestead.com/GF2013/GivhansFerry13_Ap.pdf

The Geechee Gunfighters of Charleston, SC look foward to seeing all of our cowboy and cowgirl family real soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Come one, come all!

No late fee for this match prior to November 1st! There is a limit for the Saturday Night Banquet, so if you're interested in eating some great grub, then sign up soon.

The targets will be close and big with some great stages. See for yourself. Here is the link for the tentative stages:
http://givhansferry.homestead.com/GF2013/2013_SER_Stages.pdf

(We don't expect many changes to the stages from what is posted now)

Hope to see many of you real soon.

This is one great match with plenty of shooter options, you'll see alota stage instructions like these......."start on either end"........"start at any window" :) And everything at the range is in one central location on flat level ground, a really big plus for those of us that can't handle hills, and steps, and long distances between stuff ;) . The food and fun is always top notch :D And they have one of the best shoot-offs you'll ever see :huh: it's plumb crazy I tell ya crazy :wacko: And if you have some extra time to spend the area around Charleston is loaded with stuff to do, like plantation tours, inshore fishing charters and good food too. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Great time of year to visit Charleston...really nice weather for tourists. Charleston was voted the top travel destination again this year .. Lots to do.

Hope to see you at the match!

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I could be there this year, but family obligations prevent me. Son's getting married on the 7th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I had a serious talk with them. Messin' up my yearly shoot. LOL!! Oh well you only go around once!

See ya next year,

Isom

Wish I could be there this year, but family obligations prevent me. Son's getting married on the 7th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I had a serious talk with them. Messin' up my yearly shoot. LOL!! Oh well you only go around once!

See ya next year,

Isom

Glad you posted this, I would have wondered about ye not being there. We'll miss seein ye pard.

RRR

We have always wanted to attend the SE. Regional,,,, now we are really pondering the idea of a drive through the country. Just how far is this match from Texas???? We have never been to Charleston. T-Bone

T-Bone, we are going from your match. We did this last year, too. Not a bad drive at all. Ghivans is always a very fun match. Y'all should come.

Sixgun. :)

I graduated from High School in Charleston back in the 60's. Looks like I need to put this on my list of matches I need to try and attend!!!. Maybe next year.

I'm a commin

after chewing da fat wit Sadie, Dan, and Rod, at the Ft White shoot I figgerd I better mosey on up thar an see what all the commotion is about :huh:

Im a givin ole Bessey her once a year cleanin and loadin up sum lead, Woo Hoo!!! we is gonna have us a good ole time :D

Mississippi Kid

Archived