SASS Wire Forum

Ides of March 2013........What A Match

Cypress Sun

The Ides of March match for 2013 is one for the books. The match was top notch all the way from start to finish.

The $5.00 all day side matches on Friday were a great warm up and a lot of fun.

The main match stages were thoughly thought out and very well designed for all shooters. Didn't matter if you were a righty, lefty or gunfighter.....these stages were designed for everyone. Movement on every stage, challenging yet uncomplicated and all with a great storyline.

Did I mention the food at the Saturday night banquet? Wow, what great food. Without a doubt, the best food I've ever had at any match and Ive had some great food at some matches.

The awards were all top shelf and plentiful.

I want to thank Arcadia Outlaw, the Cowboy Committee and all of those who worked "behind the scenes" for a great time and a fantastic match.

Congratulations to Santa Fe River Stan and Dang Its Darling for winning Top Overall.

Cypress Sam, everyone missed seeing you at the match. Many, many of your pards asked about you and hope you recover quickly from the surgery. I did my best to uphold the Sam hat wave but it was no where near as good as the "king" himself.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Cypress Sun

Side note. Hey Diablo, you want another beer? :D:ph34r:

What Sun said!!

I really liked the stages, which for me is 90% of the match. It really was well thought out which was evident because there were no hold ups, no "tricky" stages per se', basically if you had a problem, it was your problem and not the stage.

Arcadia and crew did an outstanding job.

My hats off to all who put on this match.

Dang It Dan

What Sun said!!

I really liked the stages, which for me is 90% of the match. It really was well thought out which was evident because there were no hold ups, no "tricky" stages per se', basically if you had a problem, it was your problem and not the stage.

Arcadia and crew did an outstanding job.

My hats off to all who put on this match.

Dang It Dan

+1+1

Great Match! Definitely a Shooter's Shoot in my eyes! The Lake County Pistoleros put on one heck of an event.

Better put this one on your calendar for next year if you like stages with movement, varied target layouts, interesting sequences devoid of p traps and plenty of hittable targets.....if you like spending time with old friends and making new ones......if you like great weather.....if you like having a good time.

The worst thing is that I have to wait 363 days until the next one!

Congrats to all that were involved!

My hat's off to you!

Stan

Thanks to the crew who put this match on,,,,everytthing went off without a hitch...

good stages, movement, variety of vendors, good food, great people,,,all you could ask for...

and I got my misses down to 1! my goal!

CPBC

Shamrock and I can't say enough good things about the match. Well run great stages with movement and oh yes did I mention the food at the banquet outstanding. Shamrock and I will be back again next year. If you weren't there consider yourself deprived.

Salute to Arcadia and crew! Great match. Well planned. Well designed. Well run.

Everyone I saw and talked to had a great weekend thanks to the Lake County Pistoleros.

Congratulations to Stan and Darlin'. They were top guns all around and in many more ways than just on the firing line!

One last note of warning to ALL gunfighters throughout the entire gunfighting country---there's a major new threat in your world. Dang it Dan's coming' and hell's coming with him! Impressive isn't quite strong enough. You'll just have to see for yourself!

Me, Wyatt and Sam taut DID everything we know,,,,wuzzn't much,,,,but we tried....

He will be a force to be reckoned with in the GF universe.....

I better start pushing again.....

CPBC

A huge +1 for what everybody has already said...............with one correction.

Hey Diablo, you want another Rum and Coke :D:ph34r:

Thank everybody for a great weekend and the memories

I try to refrain from using the word "great" so much but I'm going to have to give this one that label. Starting with the 10 stage shoot through on Thursday to seeing Stan and Darlin' winning Top Guns, the weekend was top notch. For the first time in many, many matches, I did not hear one complaint. Lot's of smiles and wows.

A BIG thank you to Arcadia, Greta Dee, Halfbreed and all of the LCP Committee members for letting me have a small part in this year long effort to put on this really great match.

AO - it was the best 10 stages put together at one time in any match I've shot in my 10+ years in SASS. Well done!

I can't much more than has already been said. Great Match, fun and fast stages, great food, nice awards, and a great time all around.

Congrats to Stan and Darlin and a big Thank You to Arcadia Outlaw and the entire LCP Committee for putting on another great shoot.

JEL and IP

Guest Chance Ramsay, SASS#18962

What an "extraordinary" match. The Committee and AO gave you enjoyment to be remembered. Thanks for all your hard work so we all can come out and play Cowboy and Cowgirl for a weekend.

Chance & Chancey Lady

just wanted to say Thank You to Arcadia Outlaw, Halfbreed, Great Dee and the rest of the crew who put on a tremendous match. i had a blast and i know everyone else did too.

Congrats to all the category winners and Top Guns - Sante Fe River Stan & Dang its Darlin!!!

Fantastic match: no "P" traps with straight forward and interesting simplicity. Stages designed especially fo ME.

Awsome food. BEEF thats whats for dinner!!!! EXCELLENT

On-site food vender: if they didn't have something you liked, you really didn't need it !

LCP Gang,,, you out did yourself

and a huge THANK YOU from Pat and Me own self!

Thanks to the crew who put this match on,,,,everytthing went off without a hitch...

good stages, movement, variety of vendors, good food, great people,,,all you could ask for...

CPBC

Well, Culpepper did seem to have a good time.

Got to smooch Mrs Waimea's hand, AGAIN. Will the man never stop? :lol:

img_2044.jpg

:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

CPBC

Four sentences, sorta, and not a single misspelled word!

Look out Harvard, he may want to be your first "Purdy Boy" Freshman.

Double everyone's praise for the Ides Committee

This is the match that sets a high standard for all Annual matches.

I did say I had a gud time,,,,,,

CPBC

I did say I had a gud time,,,,,,

CPBC

Purdy,

Kinda like your miss, snuck one by you.

"everytthing"

AR

As a member of the LCP committee THANK YOU all for your kind words. Our goal was to put on a fun and challenging cowboy action match and I believe we did it. Hearing all the comments makes the hard work all worth while. Our only problem is topping it next year, guess Arcadia better get writing scenarios now. I wonder, will they let me have the microphone again next year?

HUGS and hope to see y'all soon.

As Greta said,thanks again for the compliments,it was great seeing the smiles on folks faces as they were interacting with their posse & they still had smiles when they were driving away.I could not of been more pleased with how Saturday nite went with dinner off range,I know of a few folks who really enjoyed have a drink at the "saloon" as well.

The wheels are already starting to turn for next year,we have a great committee so look forward to next year.

Thanks Again AO & Wildcard Willow (who was sick all weekend and could not make it)

Archived