SASS Wire Forum

BOYCOTT the SUPERBOWL

Cat Brules

The NFL has sold ad space for a political, anti-Second Amendment ad, purportedly with statements by Mayors from several cities.

I changed my plans to watch the game. I will not watch the Superbowl this year and I will be making a list of other advertising sponsers of the Superbowl sot that, as much as possible, I may boycott their products and services as well.

I went to the NFL website and found their "Contact US" link, way down at the bottom of the Home Page, on the left. Clicking that takes you to a message form where you enter your name and email address and select a subject. I picked, "Negative Comments."

The message I left reads as follows:

SUN-02FEB-2013

Since the NFL has chosen to air an anti-Second Amendment political ad related to "Mayors and Gun Control", I will NOT BE WATCHING THE SUPERBOWL this year (2013).

Nor will I be watching ANY NFL football in the future, until you air at a minimum, ten (10) ads on all the national networks, apologizing for such an egregious act as airing attacks on the US Constitution , the Second Amendment. In these ads, you MUST allow an NRA representative to make pro-Second Amendment comments. You must boycott any network, which refuses to accept these "apology" ads.

Furthermore, I will be boycotting AS MANY Superbowl sponsers as I am able to AND the major sponsers of any future NFL games until you DO air these "apology" ads.

I am urging my network of like-minded Second Amendment advocates to take similar action as above.

Sincerely,

(your name)

I'm curious... Sooper Bowl commercials are known for being danged expensive - wonderin' who's payin' for this. <_<

NEW YORK (AP) — A gun control group founded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is airing an advertisement during the Super Bowl calling for background checks.

The 30-second spot by Mayors Against Illegal Guns will air in the Washington area during the third quarter of the game between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.

The ad calls on lawmakers to pass rules requiring background checks on guns. It is narrated by children, with “America the Beautiful” playing in the background.

A Bloomsberg spokesman would say only that the ad cost in the six-figure range.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns is a coalition of more than 800 mayors from 44 states.

So this isn't as bad as I first thought.

I saw an article where it was stated the ad would be run in Washington DC.

Bloomidiot is paying.

Some ad spots even on national feeds is local ie nfl may not hav approval rights.

I would not bet that the nfl has/will have a longterm anti-gun stance.

I made a point of trying to watch all the ads during the game as they have often been worth the watch. All I can say is I have no memory of this particular ad. If it was run nationally, it was not a memorable ad and hence did not succeed.

All in all, I thought this year's crop of ads were less than exciting.

I made a point of trying to watch all the ads during the game as they have often been worth the watch. All I can say is I have no memory of this particular ad. If it was run nationally, it was not a memorable ad and hence did not succeed.

I missed it too.

I watched the whole game.

Don't remember seeing anything like that either.

And even if they did. Maybe the Pro-Gun could have ponied up the funds and ran a ad also.

Now IF, they took the anti ads money and ran there ad. Then refused the Pro-Guns money and turned down

there ad. THEN I would boycott.

P.S. Kind of funny. IF they did run those ads. Then them anti's sure spent a lot of money for a ad, that

nobody remembers. :lol:/>

And even if they did. Maybe the Pro-Gun could have ponied up the funds and ran a ad also.

Now IF, they took the anti ads money and ran there ad. Then refused the Pro-Guns money and turned down

Yup.

P.S. Kind of funny. IF they did run those ads. Then them anti's sure spent a lot of money for a ad, that

nobody remembers. :lol:/>/>

If you had read and understood my post #7, there is a good reason you would not see it in Texas.

The ad was slated to run in the Washington DC area.

A Bloomsberg spokesman would say only that the ad cost in the six-figure range.

Not enough for a nationwide ad. The going rate was 3.8 million for 30 seconds nationwide, a little less during the third and fourth quarters. If local stations don't play a nationwide ad, the advertiser gets a pro-rated refund.

If you had read and understood my post #7, there is a good reason you would not see it in Texas.

The ad was slated to run in the Washington DC area.

Same thing applys.

Pro-Gun groups could have ponied up to run there own ad to counter the anti's.

And then if they turn down the pro-gun ad, and run the anti's. THEN I would boycott.

As the pro side had the same opportunity to run a ad.

Archived