SASS Wire Forum

Health Warning!

Biologists Warn, Baiting Wild Hogs With Sticky Buns Before You Shoot Them Is Bad For Their Teeth

September 30, 2012

“It is not at all good for the animal’s health,” said Anders Hallengren at Skåne county council to the local Skånska Dagbladet daily. The hunters in southern Sweden use bait to bring the animals out in the open and thus easier to target. The hunters are reported to favour using cinnamon buns and other baked goods as they are both tempting for the boar and are also cheap. But local officials warn that the practice, while increasing the chances of a successful hunt, it increases the risk that the boar suffer from weight problems and poor dental hygiene.

“A diet of cinnamon buns is devastating for a wild boar,” Hallengren told the newspaper.

OMG...

Masterpiece Theater is currently running a BBC series (Wallender)about a Swedish police detective. Bearing in mind that it's just TV, it does carry some interesting insights into a "social democracy" where the government gets to decide what's good and bad for you. Like a minister jailed for criticizing homosexuality ("hate speech") and widespread fear about (shudder) private ownership of guns and even fear of individuals being allowed to possess knives for self-protection. Stimulates some thought about where we might be in 20 or 30 years. And it's not the topics themselves, as much as the calm, unthinking compliance of the populace, without any thought about individual liberty.

I'm surprised they allow Swedes to hunt; but I guess, as long as they protect the dental health of the boar (have any of these guys actually SEEN the teeth of a boar close-up???), it's all OK.

LL

I would have poo pooed this but I went out among them today. I can see that this might be a high priority item to some people. I shudder when I think of thousands of years of progress against ignorance, only to tear it all down in a few short years. How fragile and shallow the populace has become. You can do just about anything if it is perceived as COOL. XXX is cool. It is a temperature. It is not a style or an acceptance of a style. <_<

Reminds me of the nurses at the nursing home my 101 year old grandmother was in...they wouldn't let her have chocolate cuz it was bad for her. Sheesh, she was 101, still sharp as a tack, if she wanted to have chocolate for lunch washed down with a martini and then smoke a cigar, I say let her!

Reminds me of the nurses at the nursing home my 101 year old grandmother was in...they wouldn't let her have chocolate cuz it was bad for her. Sheesh, she was 101, still sharp as a tack, if she wanted to have chocolate for lunch washed down with a martini and then smoke a cigar, I say let her!

Sounds like a story my father tells of my Great, Great Grandfather. He lived to a very great age and Daddy was about 7 or 8 when he passed, so he attended the funeral out in the country where the family's from. One of my great aunts came to the house wailing about how she just knew that corn liquor would eventually kill Grandpa (apparently, he was not only one of the finer manufacturers in the county, he wasn't above partaking in his product- for quality control purposes, I'm sure). About 20 minutes later, Daddy was out in the yard with his father (my Grandfather) and the rest of the men when an argument over whether GG Grandpa was 98 or 103 when he died. Being a youngun, Daddy asked why Aunt Lulu-Belle thought corn liquor killed GG Grandpa when he lived to be that old and was quickly told to hush and not to go starting anything.

Seems to me that we ought to let the boars eat the cinnamon buns. It won't be in his gut too long before that mushrooming slug turns his heart to chopped liver and punches a big ole hole in him. Doubt that the cinnamon bun will even get digested.

As for the bores on the city council, feed them cinnamon buns, too. Shooting those bores is optional, but I'd recommend it!! :lol: :lol: :lol::o

Archived