SASS Wire Forum

A Heartbreaking email

Widder, SASS #59054

This might not be my place to post this info but after receiving a couple emails this morning, I'm feeling compelled to express my sadness.

Down in the Great state of Georgia, there is a Great pard who is suffering from a life threatening illness. I didn't want to wait until more sad news was received before posting anything so I thought I would post my thoughts now and maybe one of his Pards can share our kind words to him.

Anyhow, our good Pard and Jedi GF, Shifty Eye, isn't do so well. I just wanted to share that I trully enjoyed meeting Shifty Eye at the GA State this past May and it was a true joy and memorable moment in my life to stand up next to Easy Rider as we both presented Shifty Eye with his Jedi GF pin and welcome him into the JEDI GF ranks.

His character and pleasant personality will be everlasting in my mind. I was blessed to meet him and call him friend.

My prayers are for his recovery and all his friends who are also feeling pain from his sufferings.

I wish you well Shifty.

God bless!

..........Widder

I have had the pleasure and honor of knowing Shifty Eye since I started SASS. He is the hardest working cowboy I have ever met. He is always willing to do whatever job was needed and never did anything but smile. His dry sense of humor and quick wit really made you want to be around him .All of us in this area have been saddened by his decline and we are all praying for him.

Dirt

I was a proud spectator at Shifty Eye's induction into the Jedi Gunfighters at the awards banquet for the Georgia State Championships.

From what I know of this gentleman, it was rightly deserved as are our support and comfort in his hour of need.

Here's a prayer for his health and for God's good grace on his behalf!

I've been shooting around north Georgia for the past 8 years and Shifty Eye has always been there. He's involved in every club. I don't know how he finds the time. A harder worker and more reliable pard you will never find. I know Shifty has been dealt a bad hand. I'm praying for some divine intervention cause we need our Shifty Eye.

Yes, Shifty Eye has been declining and they have now brought in home hospice. He cannot hold down food now but is drinking fluids. He has asked to have no visitors so he can rest.

He is such a great guy. I was honored to be given my Regulator badge beside Swifty Eye.

Keep him and his family in your prayers.

Shifty is a good pard and has always worked at every match I've had the privilege of shooting with him. His dry sense of humor is addictive and I always look forward to seeing Shifty working the timer at the warm up matches, always starts off the monthly match in a positive way. Even as he has been taking treatments you would still see him shooting....don't know how he had the strength all this time. Prayers up for him in his time of need.

My thoughts and prayers have been with Shity Eye for some time now and I know he appreciates our love and support. He took a liking to me, as he does most, and is the main reason I am trying GF now. Shifty has been wonderful friend and mentor and all who know hold him in the highest esteem.

Swifty was always there to encourage me when I went through my fight with cancer. When I felt up to visiting a match during my chemo, he'd stop what he was doing and come over to see how I was doing. He always had words of encouragement and support. I've never forgotten that.

Swifty is a true cowboy in every sense of the word. We pray for him and his family.

Pitty

When Shifty first found out about his illness, he didn't tell anyone for the longest time. Even after it became public knowledge, he would not speak of it much...just the kind of guy he is, not wanting to drawing attention to himself. And he truly is the hardest working cowboy I have ever seen.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. Take care and God bless.

Praying Cowboy

Good choice, Double Ought.

They have brought in a hospital bed to help shifty Eye be more comfortable.

He is still pretty worn out but he had a little better day today. He is bleeding less and his stomach isn't as upset. The nurses are still on call and he is still not accepting visitors.

Keep praying for rest and peace for him, his family and friends.

Dear Shifty Eye,

May the force light your path and fill your heart with peace. May the hand of God be upon you and may the Holy spirit bring you comfort.

Vaya con Dios,

Your Jedi Brother, Keystone

Praying Cowboy

Good choice, Double Ought.

They have brought in a hospital bed to help shifty Eye be more comfortable.

He is still pretty worn out but he had a little better day today. He is bleeding less and his stomach isn't as upset. The nurses are still on call and he is still not accepting visitors.

Keep praying for rest and peace for him, his family and friends.

Just the right touch, Marauder. Freedom from pain and faith, to Shifty Eye and his family.

Cassalong Hopidy

I hope and pray he will pull through this, won't think any other way. He taught me the cowboy way and the spirit of the game, my friend, Shifty.

:FlagAm:

Shifty has always been a gentleman at the Cherokee Cowboys shoots. He is eager to share wit and wisdom, and helped to obtain funds to send our younger shooters to EOT..... He is a true friend to all who know him.... :FlagAm:

This might not be my place to post this info but after receiving a couple emails this morning, I'm feeling compelled to express my sadness.

Down in the Great state of Georgia, there is a Great pard who is suffering from a life threatening illness. I didn't want to wait until more sad news was received before posting anything so I thought I would post my thoughts now and maybe one of his Pards can share our kind words to him.

Anyhow, our good Pard and Jedi GF, Shifty Eye, isn't do so well. I just wanted to share that I trully enjoyed meeting Shifty Eye at the GA State this past May and it was a true joy and memorable moment in my life to stand up next to Easy Rider as we both presented Shifty Eye with his Jedi GF pin and welcome him into the JEDI GF ranks.

His character and pleasant personality will be everlasting in my mind. I was blessed to meet him and call him friend.

My prayers are for his recovery and all his friends who are also feeling pain from his sufferings.

I wish you well Shifty.

God bless!

..........Widder

Widowmaker, The posts from the SASS Wire were read to Shifty and it meant a lot to him. Thank you for your kindness in wanting him to hear what others had to say. You are right, you will never find a more deserving gunfighter for the honor of Jedi. I will never ever find a better friend. The whole Georgia cowboy world is numb with this pain and loss. It helps a little to know that it is reaching even beyond our borders. Thanks again. Witch Doctor

Archived