SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado 2012

Creeker, SASS #43022

I was just reviewing our "Who's coming" list and noticed that I did not see (insert your name here) on the list.

We currently have about 130 shooters officially signed up or committed to coming, but that still leaves a lot of opportunity for you, (insert your name here) to join in the fun.

Think about it - Early October in Boulder City Nevada.

A full slate of side matches, team shoots, couples shoot, individual on individual, 3 stage mini match.

12 fast, fun main match stages - Creeker style.

Formal banquet with a real bar, real food and air conditioning.

Onsite camping in our new larger RV area.

The "Great Eldoardo Giveaway" (least year we gave away over $4000 worth of gifts, including guns)

And all this is only 18 miles from the entertainment capital of the world - Las Vegas, NV.

We would love to see you, (insert your name here) at Eldorado 2012.

www.eldoradocowboys.com

If you have any questions - please feel free to email me thru the wire or thru our website (contact an officer).

I will answer any inquiry, from round counts to hotels, to where's the best "Hold 'Em" tournaments?

Ask anyone who has attended an Eldorado Annual - We put on some good ones.

Hope to see you, (insert your name here) there.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creeker,

I've been slacking, application will go out on Monday. I wouldn't miss this match and have always enjoyed it.

See you there.

Johnny Meadows

I might even shoot BLACK

Eldorado is one of the truly great values in this game.

Last year, lunches were included, prime rib dinner at a nice joint, even had an ice cream truck pull up to the shoot and they told everyone to "help yourself", great door prizes and many --- including guns and other good stuff.

Awards are truly nice and go pretty deep but I don't remember exactly how many in each class (enough that even I got an award :rolleyes: )

I don't know how they can put on a show like this and keep the entrance fee so low.

Stages are straight forward and targets pretty good size and close

Lots happening at Eldorado, and the slot machines are only 10 minutes away :lol:

No, I don't have a personal angle, nor am I related top anyone in the club, nor do I even live in Las Vegas or shoot monthly's with the club/folks that put on Eldorado. I just think that, when a club does really good, they should be recognized for it and other folks should hear about good deals for major matches.

Eldorado is one of the truly great values in this game.

Last year, lunches were included, prime rib dinner at a nice joint, even had an ice cream truck pull up to the shoot and they told everyone to "help yourself", great door prizes and many --- including guns and other good stuff.

Awards are truly nice and go pretty deep but I don't remember exactly how many in each class (enough that even I got an award :rolleyes: )

I don't know how they can put on a show like this and keep the entrance fee so low.

Stages are straight forward and targets pretty good size and close

Lots happening at Eldorado, and the slot machines are only 10 minutes away :lol:

No, I don't have a personal angle, nor am I related top anyone in the club, nor do I even live in Las Vegas or shoot monthly's with the club/folks that put on Eldorado. I just think that, when a club does really good, they should be recognized for it and other folks should hear about good deals for major matches.

Ah heck, are you goin'? We were going to go but in light of you going I think I want my money back... ;)

Hey Creeker don't you screen these people? You should notify the Border Patrol to keep their eyes out for a very hairy woman, well I think she's a woman :lol: Palo Verdette.

Ah heck, are you goin'? We were going to go but in light of you going I think I want my money back... ;)

Hey Creeker don't you screen these people? You should notify the Border Patrol to keep their eyes out for a very hairy woman, well I think she's a woman :lol: Palo Verdette.

That's cold Wily, mighty cold.

But I should expect that from someone that can't reach Pala Verdette's candy dish. :lol:

But I should expect that from someone that can't reach Pala Verdette's candy dish. :lol:

Candy? Theres gonna be candy?

Just make sure to stay away from the Eldorado Shooting Gallery - the folks there take great enjoyement in blowing up sugary confections with well placed shots.

Candy? Theres gonna be candy?

Just make sure to stay away from the Eldorado Shooting Gallery - the folks there take great enjoyement in blowing up sugary confections with well placed shots.

Believe me when I say "you don't want any candy from Palo Verdette!! ;)

I didn't mean to offend your delicate sensitivity or that of your loverly :wacko: sister....

And like I told Creeker I ain't takin' no candy from her, so it's good I can't reach the dish ;)

I didn't mean to offend your delicate sensitivity or that of your loverly :wacko: sister....

And like I told Creeker I ain't takin' no candy from her, so it's good I can't reach the dish ;)

You probably still owe her money anyway. :lol:

You guys all say the same when folks are around but, when the sun goes down. you all come knocking on her trailer door.

She just might show up to shoot Eldorado! :D You know, her business is legal in most of Nevada. :P

You probably still owe her money anyway. :lol:

You guys all say the same when folks are around but, when the sun goes down. you all come knocking on her trailer door.

She just might show up to shoot Eldorado! :D You know, her business is legal in most of Nevada. :P

Thinking Pala Verdette must own a video poker machine....

Cause gambling is legal in most of Nevada.

The only other option is just too scary to consider....

Thinking Pala Verdette must own a video poker machine....

Cause gambling is legal in most of Nevada.

The only other option is just too scary to consider....

I'll tell you what my friend; when you and I agree, we REALLY agree!!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

I think we need a CALL OUT side match.

ElDorado has the target. We have used it in the shoot off in the past.

Whichever shooter hits it first, it rotates away from them.

Sorta like fast draw, but with SASS equipment.

You get to challenge your friend (so to speak).

And I want to challenge Philly Slim.

Could be fun !!!!

Have not seen the target used this way before.

Does this mean Sour Kraut is right when she says I'm challenged. :wacko:

Philly, what category are you shooting. If I can make it, I want to choose my category wisely. :unsure:

Entry forms and a ck are on the way. Great shoot.

Entry forms and a ck are on the way. Great shoot.

Glad to have you coming back.

Returning customers are the best promoters.

This Eldorado will be Charmings final one as Club President - I would really like to make this one to hang her hat on.

We've never broken the 200 shooter mark...

2012 seems like the year to do it - don'cha think?

Boulder City Nevada - 18 miles from Fabulous Las Vegas.

Shooting and shows

Guns and gamblin'

Pards and partyin'

http://www.eldoradocowboys.com/index.php

I figured a few little teases about Eldorado 2012 would be ok.

A full slate of side matches.

All the expected ones.

Speed Pistol - Speed Rifle - Speed Shotgun

Long Range Pistol - Long Range Rifle (pistol caliber)

Long Range Rifle (rifle caliber) {the waaaay out there stuff}

Derringer - Pocket Pistol

And a few that you might not expect.

Cowboy Trap

The Hickok Shot (pistol at 75 yards - one shot from holster) - Fastest hit wins.... NO second place.

The Eldorado Shooting Gallery - A multi gun event using main match pistols, main match rifle, 22 pistol and 22 rifle.

Shooting reactive targets - clay pigeons, suckers, spinners. The sounds of laughter and the smell of sugar both fill the air.

And the best part, if you don't have a 22 rifle and pistol to use - we will provide it AND the ammo.

Additionally - Warm up with the three stage mini match.

Four Person Team Shoots - Two Person (male and female) Shoots - Individual on Individual Shoots

Main Match with 12 stages of fast and furious shooting - All inspired by the films of Clint Eastwood.

Bring your striped poncho and short cheroot and be prepared to signify "Shooters Ready" with some of the most memorable lines in cowboy cinema history.

Formal awards banquet with bar, real food and air conditioning in a clean dirt free hall.

Awards for best dressed - the competition will be fierce. (in other words - break out those fancy suits, silk gowns and period correct uniforms that you rarely get to show off anymore)

Buckles and awards for EVERY category - awarded five deep.

State Championship awards recognizing the category champion from Nevada.

Battle of the States award - Traveling award given by taking the top ten shooters from each state present and awarding the trophy to the state with the lowest combined score. (Arizona is a tough state to wrest that away from)

The Great Eldorado Giveaway - $1000's of dollars in door prizes, awards and Thank You for coming prizes.

And the Invitation to a Gunfight - Top 20 Shooters Competition.

We are still looking for your application - because this is one not to be missed.

A full slate of side matches.

All the expected ones.

Speed Pistol - Speed Rifle - Speed Shotgun

Long Range Pistol - Long Range Rifle (pistol caliber)

Long Range Rifle (rifle caliber) {the waaaay out there stuff}

Derringer - Pocket Pistol

And a few that you might not expect.

Cowboy Trap

The Hickok Shot (pistol at 75 yards - one shot from holster) - Fastest hit wins.... NO second place.

The Eldorado Shooting Gallery - A multi gun event using main match pistols, main match rifle, 22 pistol and 22 rifle.

Shooting reactive targets - clay pigeons, suckers, spinners. The sounds of laughter and the smell of sugar both fill the air.

And the best part, if you don't have a 22 rifle and pistol to use - we will provide it AND the ammo.

Additionally - Warm up with the three stage mini match.

Four Person Team Shoots - Two Person (male and female) Shoots - Individual on Individual Shoots

Main Match with 12 stages of fast and furious shooting - All inspired by the films of Clint Eastwood.

Bring your striped poncho and short cheroot and be prepared to signify "Shooters Ready" with some of the most memorable lines in cowboy cinema history.

Formal awards banquet with bar, real food and air conditioning in a clean dirt free hall.

Awards for best dressed - the competition will be fierce. (in other words - break out those fancy suits, silk gowns and period correct uniforms that you rarely get to show off anymore)

Buckles and awards for EVERY category - awarded five deep.

State Championship awards recognizing the category champion from Nevada.

Battle of the States award - Traveling award given by taking the top ten shooters from each state present and awarding the trophy to the state with the lowest combined score. (Arizona is a tough state to wrest that away from)

The Great Eldorado Giveaway - $1000's of dollars in door prizes, awards and Thank You for coming prizes.

And the Invitation to a Gunfight - Top 20 Shooters Competition.

We are still looking for your application - because this is one not to be missed.

Sounds Great.

KK

http://www.eldoradoc...s.com/index.php

One more tease - One 22 Henry Goldenboy Rifle to be given away.

Oh, and just for fun - we are having it partially engraved as well.

Might be another gun in the mix as well.

We still have room for you. Don't miss this shoot.

Dan,

That would be perfect. We are staying at the hacienda.

Pm your # and we can call you when we get in town.

Painted Filly

Archived