• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creeker, you had me right up until the word 'formal.'

Ask anyone, I don't do formal. :D

Hmmm, 12.5 hour drive...

each way...

hmmm

Grizzly, You and I use the same tailor. So I fully understand.

Formal attire is simply an opportunity, not a requirement.

As for the 12.5 hour drive, that is one reason we do the awards Saturday night as opposed to Sunday - that gives everyone the opportunity to collect their trophies/ door prizes and hugs and still be able to get an early start home Sunday morning if they want to.

We would be thrilled to have you come join us.

Grizzly, You and I use the same tailor. So I fully understand.

Formal attire is simply an opportunity, not a requirement.

As for the 12.5 hour drive, that is one reason we do the awards Saturday night as opposed to Sunday - that gives everyone the opportunity to collect their trophies/ door prizes and hugs and still be able to get an early start home Sunday morning if they want to.

We would be thrilled to have you come join us.

You use Omar the tent maker too? Small world. :D

Creeker, you had me right up until the word 'formal.'

Ask anyone, I don't do formal. :D

Hmmm, 12.5 hour drive...

each way...

hmmm

Griz, A shooting pard of mine and I drove from central Montana to the Dam Site shoot this spring.Then left right after the shoot on sunday afternoon and got home mid afternoon the next day.It's worth the trip.These folks put on GREAT shoots.I guarantee you'll have a ball and they are some of the best people you'll ever meet to shoot with.

Griz, A shooting pard of mine and I drove from central Montana to the Dam Site shoot this spring.Then left right after the shoot on sunday afternoon and got home mid afternoon the next day.It's worth the trip.These folks put on GREAT shoots.I guarantee you'll have a ball and they are some of the best people you'll ever meet to shoot with.

We always enjoy chasing you around the hen house Mr. Whiskers. You and Mr Smoke can stay out back ofmy barn any time...

And besides, we have some awful pretty ladies here in NEVADA!

We always enjoy chasing you around the hen house Mr. Whiskers. You and Mr Smoke can stay out back ofmy barn any time...

And besides, we have some awful pretty ladies here in NEVADA!

Smoke and another club member are going to be there for the BIG shoot Ace.He's already signed up.I can't make this one.But I'll be there for the Dam site shoot next year.

Oh Gee!! I just looked at the shooter list and I so wish we could be there. It would be like old home week. There are so many great friends signed up for this one. Even Constable Nelson and Rooster Cogburn will be there. Somebody please give Constable a big Granny Annie hug. He and I got our picture taken together at Iowa State this year.

You all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Grizz, you know you want to go, just say yes.

KK

Yes, I want to go. But I'm saving my pennies in hopes of going to Winter Range. So many great matches, so little money.

looks to be great shoot.

KK

Always a great shoot and a really nice banquet.

The stages are complete and ready to go off to the printer.

12 differing shooting sequences for 12 stages.

And there is NOT a single repeated sequence in the entire main match.

Movement on every single stage. Not a single stand and deliver.

Four stages with 2 positions - Four stages with 3 positions - Three stages with 4 positions - One stage with 5 positions.

Movement Left to Right , Right to Left, movement Downrange.

3 stages begin with rifle - 4 with shotgun - 5 with pistol.

Square targets - Round targets - Ol' brown jug targets - Flying buzzard (moving target) - Rifle knockdowns - Pistol knockdowns (all the knockdowns will fall with a 105 grain 38 special)

And even tho we have taken great pains to create a varied match.

The match is very much designed to avoid P traps and memory contests.

This is going to be a good one and we still have room for you.

http://www.eldoradocowboys.com/index.php

check out the negotiated rates for local hotels on our webpage.

The stages are complete and ready to go off to the printer.

12 differing shooting sequences for 12 stages.

And there is NOT a single repeated sequence in the entire main match.

Movement on every single stage. Not a single stand and deliver.

Four stages with 2 positions - Four stages with 3 positions - Three stages with 4 positions - One stage with 5 positions.

Movement Left to Right , Right to Left, movement Downrange.

3 stages begin with rifle - 4 with shotgun - 5 with pistol.

Square targets - Round targets - Ol' brown jug targets - Flying buzzard (moving target) - Rifle knockdowns - Pistol knockdowns (all the knockdowns will fall with a 105 grain 38 special)

And even tho we have taken great pains to create a varied match.

The match is very much designed to avoid P traps and memory contests.

This is going to be a good one and we still have room for you.

http://www.eldoradocowboys.com/index.php

check out the negotiated rates for local hotels on our webpage.

r

u

doing a pre shoot for scores

with the board this year?

no bigg deal

many clubs do it

just wondering ;)

r

u

no bigg deal

many clubs do it

just wondering ;)

Let me jump in here because I have no dog in this fight.

THE BOARD OF THE ELDORADO COWBOYS DOES NOT DO SHOOT THROUGH.

The only people that shoot through are the ones that are keeping score. They start the second day the same as everyone else and shoot that stage and then go to the next posse where they shoot as soon as they can get ready. That way they finish about three stages ahead of everyone and can start the scoring process so that they can have the scores ready for the dinner that night.

If you want to bring up the subject of shooting ahead, you need to look somewhere else besides the Eldorado Cowboys.

Let me jump in here because I have no dog in this fight.

THE BOARD OF THE ELDORADO COWBOYS DOES NOT DO SHOOT THROUGH.

The only people that shoot through are the ones that are keeping score. They start the second day the same as everyone else and shoot that stage and then go to the next posse where they shoot as soon as they can get ready. That way they finish about three stages ahead of everyone and can start the scoring process so that they can have the scores ready for the dinner that night.

If you want to bring up the subject of shooting ahead, you need to look somewhere else besides the Eldorado Cowboys.

oh well

since when?

out of staters who drove may miles and showed up early

might differ

yet never say anything, due to PC

mileage may vary

of course

was the change after my last attendence?

r

u

no bigg deal

many clubs do it

just wondering ;)

NO ONE pre shoots Eldorado - The Nevada State Championship.

Board members are with their assigned posses and shoot the match alongside all the other shooters in attendance.

Shoot throughs (on the 2nd day) are allowed for the members of the scorekeeping group to (as Ace explained) allow them to be in the score keeping shack compiling scores and creating the award call out sheets a little bit ahead of time. No one on the board is also on the score keeping team.

Preshoots have occurred in the past, but I was not present so I cannot speak to that.

I can tell you that Eldorado has not allowed pre shoots for the last couple of years that I have had anything to do with the Board or operation of our shoots.

The appearance of impropriety can be as bad as actual wrong doing and the policy of eliminating preshoots recognizes that.

Secondly - I am a decent shooter and I would not want to shoot in conditions outside those of my competitors and possibly create question regarding my category or overall standings.

All clubs/ all boards/ all shooters will make errors.

Learning from and correcting those errors is the key.

The Board of Eldorado Cowboys is proud to be continually learning and implementing those lessons into our future decisions.

Howdy,

Common now the susupense is kiiling me, got to know who all the fine people coming to shoot Eldorado are going to be, when are you going to update the list?

KK

Kid

My lady is working every day on Eldorado.

She will probably update the list once more before the shoot. We will get several applications this Saturday and Sunday during our normal monthly shoot. After this final influx everyone will be getting ready for the big BANG/CLANG of the State Championship.

If you are looking for someone special, give her a call and ask her.

She is a hell of a lot nicer than I am.

Eldorado Cowboys contact

And better lookin' too. :lol:

Can't be true.....

I always wear my bestest Prairie Fairie cloths....

I talked to Charming this weekend and she says there's still plenty of room if you still want to get in! Hope to see ya'll there!

Oh, I would really like to make it to this one....

FJT

Just leave the skirt at home.........

You don't have the legs to be my girlfriend! :)

Oh, I would really like to make it to this one....

FJT

Good thing, we already have a space reserved for you.

And if I have any say in it - that spot will be on my posse.

Whoops - that revelation might not have been the best way to encourage you to come.

The Eldorado Cowboys would be honored if you can attend (and if it's a deal breaker, you don't HAVE to shoot with me)

Just leave the skirt at home.........

You don't have the legs to be my girlfriend! :)

Then, maybe something in a sequined sheath? Packing for matches with you guys is SO confusing!

;-p

FJT

Then, maybe something in a sequined sheath? Packing for matches with you guys is SO confusing!

;-p

FJT

Just remember.... I like the strapless one.....

Oh! And shave your legs!

WOW it's almost time any new updates? Looking to be a great shoot, Creeker has peaked my interest, can't wait.

KK

Archived