SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado 2012

Creeker, SASS #43022

Just got home a few minutes ago from a Eldorado planning meeting with Charming:

Comparing the steel drop lists per bay to our inventory lists.

Reviewing the Posse lists to ensure balance, trying to satisfy all the "Posse me with" requests and making sure there are enough folks that can run a timer on each posse.

Scheduling the labor, club volunteers and supplies to make everything come together within our allotted time for set up and tear down.

Phew - this is a lot of work.

But, looking at the stages, the give aways and the beautiful awards...

I am sure proud to be a part of it.

And we would love to have you be a part of it as well.

It is looking like around 175 shooters and we still have plenty of room for last minute sign ups.

Wont even make you shoot on Creekers posse if you dont want too.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creeker,

You, Charming and your club members are an example of why your shoot is a good "shooter" experience. You guys plan well, work hard and always have a fun match. I'looking forward to a great time!

Kind regards,

Sweet Lou (Formerly Major Payne)

In my opinion, Eldorado is one of the top TWO matches in SASS!!

I have shot matches in about 40 different states, but I have never seen one of them that gives you so much bang for your buck year after year. I shot the very first Eldorado and have shot most of them since and for me it's the one match that really hurts when I have to miss it.

Trust me and sign-up, you still have time and you'll never regret it!!

Creeker, Charmin and all do a great job with this shoot! I'll be there ready to "shoot and scoot!"

Sweet Lou

Don't forget that Saturday is "Purple Day" with special gifts and awards for those who manage to get some purple into their shooting costumes. This is in addition to the formal Shooting Costume Awards and Banquet Costume awards. I understand Philly found some purple shine for the top of his head...........

Don't forget that Saturday is "Purple Day" with special gifts and awards for those who manage to get some purple into their shooting costumes. This is in addition to the formal Shooting Costume Awards and Banquet Costume awards. I understand Philly found some purple shine for the top of his head...........

I have a new purple outfit made just for the occasion!!! Is it time to shoot yet?!

Any updates to the shooter lists?

Painted Filly

Ask and you shall receive! :D

Eldorado 2012 Shooters List

Can't wait to see you also, Filly! Long range forcasts are calling for temps in the 80's B) ...I sure hope so! I am SO ready for Summer to OVER!!! <_<

get me on the list! its happening. it aint gonna be pretty but its gonna be.

thanks to every one who helped. nellie, with floor space, my surgeon for double booking me..)

cc

CC,

We gonna shoot together?? :)

I always enjoy that John. with my last minute entry i dont get to say much about who all i posse up with, but we'll definately find time to swap some lies B)

wolf, get yer rump down the hill! philly moves slow we can avoid him :lol:

after oct i'll be on hiatus for most of next year, it'll be good to see you.

cc

Finished the Nevada State Champion Category Awards.

Stacked up 60 something cases of water in the Conex.

Delivered some of the props to the range.

Examined the TWO knockdown racks to ensure that were still in operational condition.

Spent an hour or so looking at number of people per Posse and wondering how many more registrations we are going to get.

Spoke with the range about what time Sunday we can begin our steel drop off and set up.

Was informed that the Shooters Packets and entry gifts were completed yesterday.

Eldorado 2012 is almost here.

Set a little steel, assemble a facade or two (or three), put out the decorations and layout the tables.

A little sweat, a little paint and in the immortal words of Nellie Blue....

"Is it time to shoot yet?"

www.eldoradocowboys.com

Stopped by JD and Charming's tonight to make sure we had everything covered for scoring and the costume contest. :lol:

Thought I would post the costume contest categories so ya'll can plan your packing. The banquet is in a carpeted, air conditioned building so you can bring your finest. More importantly.....NO presentation!!!! We present awards for 1st-3rd. Here are the categories:

• Best Dressed Friday Costume(shooting) Lady/Man
  • Silver Screen Lady/Man (B-Western OR any outfit from any Western from the Silver Screen)
  • Uniform (Military, Nurse, Conductor, Sports....Surprise the judges with your creativity)
  • Range Rider (think "old west" - Cowboy, Gunslinger, Gambler, Indian....use your imagination)
  • Soiled Dove (Saloon Girl or Madam)
  • Best Dressed Lady/Man (day wear or evening wear)
  • Best Dressed Couple (day wear or evening wear)
  • Judge's Choice (One prize only...Best overall outfit of the night)

Here's how the scores are broken down when judging the costume contest:

Authenticity - 40%

Originality - 20%

Detail (Accessories) - 20%

Portrayal within the Spirit of the Period - 20%

So...those are the details...we hope to see your best and most creative outfits! :wub:

The steel is set.

The facades are placed.

I tested the knockdown targets - they still go down with a 105 grain 38 special. And I even double checked that 38 shooters are not relegated to only shooting the top half of the knockdown (as I have seen before), I placed rounds on the knockdowns at the lowest possible point on the plate (even impressed myself with the shot placement) and every plate dropped even being hit right at the hinge.

Tuesday is the day for final touches and making sure we didn't miss anything important;

"Move that shotgun target 1/4 inch left"

"Raise number 3 pistol target an inch upward"

"Really? You think we should have shotgun targets on this stage just because they are in the shooters book?"

We will be out painting, mounting the "Say and shoot" placards, and generally placing all the knick knacks, decorations and make pretties.

Looking forward to seeing folks begin rolling in on Wednesday.

I think this is gonna be a good one.

Is it time to shoot yet?

CC,

That is ok we like each other alot and shoot together often. Plus she does great work.

Creeker,

Can not wait!

Painted Filly

The "other" Filly got a good laugh about it...I, on the other hand, would never have a laugh at your expense....yea, right! I just about fell off my chair! ROFL hahaha

Is it time to shoot yet?!!!

Only a few more work hours left!!! Aspen Filly headed out to the range to set up this morning so she'll be ready to start engraving by the time everyone arrives! See ya'll in the morning!

Archived