SASS Wire Forum

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colt, great video, I for one enjoy watching them. It was really fun watching him and Missouri Lefty shoot at last years US open. hopefully I'll get to watch him in person again this year. I think it's great to be able to get kids involved in a really fun sport like this. Hopefully his videos will inspire other kids.

I hope in a couple of years the "Fumes" don't get to him and slow him down (perfume and gas fumes).

I think he would do real well in Black Powder categories, he'd be done shooting before the smoke could obscure his vision.

Keep the videos coming and hope to see ya'll at a few shoots this year.

Randy

Folks I've been real busy today building a nice reception desk for Fort Parker. I just got home a little while ago. I sat down and read each and every one of your comments at least 3 times each. It was all I could do to hold back the tears as Rattlesnake asked what I was so intent on reading. I can't express to you how much your comments meant to me. You know neither me or Rattlesnake is perfect by any stretch of the imagination but we do try to live the Cowboy Way to the best of our ability. We have father son moments on the range sometimes. At times I'm right at times he is and sometimes neither of us are. It all comes down to not being perfect. I try to be the best parent I can be. I've been told in the past that I need a break from him they've also said why do you always have him with you don't you want to spend time with friends your own age without him around. I refused to answer that rediculous comment. The fact is he's not just my son he's my best friend. We are always there for each other. The fact that we are fortunate enough to have the life we have and we get to build memories that will live on with him for the rest of his life pleases me a great deal. I'm privleged to be his dad and he's lucky to have me. We are both lucky to have this sport and the people in it whether they like us or not. The ones who like and support us build us up and the ones who don't make us strong.

Thanks again to everyone and I'll keep the videos coming every now and then. If you see him at Winter Range please don't tell him he could win its too much pressure for him. He starts feeling like if he doesn't do well it let's everyone down. He's getting better about that but it's taking time to build up his mental strength. He worries too much about what people think. I know when people say that they mean well.

As far as the Fumes getting in the way (perfume and gasoline ) he says he has that figured out. He says he's going to find a girlfriend that shoots and he will just take one of my cars. Lol.

Cheers everyone and I hope to see y'all on the range soon!

I can tell you it was a lotta fun watching him shoot that stage, as well as shooting with both of you last weekend. At the loading table we were talking about our favorite music groups, I think he mentally prepared for it about....... Hmmmm 10 seconds or so. Oh by the way 79 shooters shot that stage with a total of 38 misses and an average time of 24.35 seconds. Way to go rattlesnake...!

Dang Drifter finally somebody that makes you look slow :lol:

Hey Colt keep posting videos,those pistols were smokin fast.

If you get complaints about posting videos its about envy.

Regards AO

Hey man, I shot a 9second stage once...and I stress ONCE! But you're right, the kid makes me look washed up. :blink:

Colt thats what shooting is all about bud. Honestly, I love the time I spend with my dad going to shoots. Its brought us closer together and I feel blessed to have such a good relationship with my dad. Trust me, cuz ive done it, but there will be sometimes when he'd rather do something else than hangout with his old man. But he will always be back and will always remember the fun you two have together. And most likely he will always be kickin your butt, but that just makes you an even more proud papa when he doing it to everyone else too.

Hey man, I shot a 9second stage once...and I stress ONCE! But you're right, the kid makes me look washed up. :blink:

Colt thats what shooting is all about bud. Honestly, I love the time I spend with my dad going to shoots. Its brought us closer together and I feel blessed to have such a good relationship with my dad. Trust me, cuz ive done it, but there will be sometimes when he'd rather do something else than hangout with his old man. But he will always be back and will always remember the fun you two have together. And most likely he will always be kickin your butt, but that just makes you an even more proud papa when he doing it to everyone else too.

Drifter he doesn't make you look washed up at all. You are an incredible shooter! I know what you mean that there will come a time when he'd rather hang out with someone besides me. I guess that's why I cherish these times because I know they are going to be short now. Thank you for your comments because they are much appreciated. You and Dylan both are inspirations to young and old shooters. Thank you for your contribution to our sport!

I hope we can shoot with you soon!

Colt

Colt, yer doin' somethin' right with this fine young man. As CL said, the next few years gonna be scary, but as my youngest approaches 18 and college (just got his DL yesterday) the anxiety of raising a teen is starting to fade, but the pride of raising a fine young man stays with ya.

And Rattlesnake, SOME DAY yer gonna know that the most important days with yer dad had nothin' to do with guns and shooting, but you will never ever forget the FUN you two had burnin' powder. Great job kiddo!

PS don't you dare stop posting the vids. They are inspiring!

Great videos I reckon...that's all I got ta' say.

Respectfully 'Painted Mohawk from the land down under...where some youngins' are quick but not that quick !!!!!!

Snake,

You are an inspiration to all,even us old farts who will never shoot that fast. Never forget the time you have spent with your daddy,I can see the love there. Colt, continue the vids,we love them. Hug each other and enjoy life.

My little shooter, Magnolia Blossom, leaves today to study in London, England.

I won't get to see her for almost 4 months.

Enjoy every second you get with Dylan.

We give them firm roots....then wings to fly.

They remember who loves them and they appreciate us helping them to become the people they want to be.

I know you are honest with Dylan about not always having all the answers....but doing the best you can.

I think kids respect parents more when they admit that they make mistakes too.

They sure don't come with an instruction manual do they?!

....and every kid is different.

I think sometimes it's harder when the kid is just like you because you see them making the same mistakes you made and want so badly to stop them.

Just love him and be his Dad. He may not always like your rules but someday he will thank you for caring enough to make him do right.

Dang! Amazing has been banned, awesome is inadequate, special is too cute...it must be:

zoowie or zoomie or Holy Smoke Batman!

If you can do it, it ain't bragging, so keep it up fellows.

Olen

[/url]

I try to be the best parent I can be.....The fact that we are fortunate enough to have the life we have and we get to build memories that will live on with him for the rest of his life pleases me a great deal.

I think that's THE most important part. Shooting is just a vehicle.....it's not the destination.

We give them firm roots....then wings to fly.

That says it all.

When I was growing up, for me, it was baseball. I was selected to the "All" teams (all-state, all-district, etc.), and I got a chance to play college ball and was even drafted, but what I didn't realize then was that baseball was just a game where I learned about life. I learned to be a good teammate, be graceful in defeat, and be honorable in victory. I learned that hard work, practice, and determination would yield positive results. These are "life lessons." I think 'Snake (and I hope, my own kiddos) are learning those same lessons shooting.

So, while there are those who will watch those videos and talk about how fast, how this or how that, I think (IMHO) that it should be about how a youngster is learning lessons which will make him a responsible adult one day. It's a game. It's fun to play, but it's still just a game.

As for the "pressure" of Winter Range, well.....it's not much different than when I stood at the plate with two on, two out and a tie score in a HS state semi-final game (many, many years ago :rolleyes: ). I hit a rocket that was snagged by a great play by their shortstop. Was I disappointed? You bet. Did I do the best I could do? You bet.

Go shoot the best you can, 'Snake, and let the rest of it fall out as it may. So long as you can hold your head up afterwards and say you did the best you could, then, you're a winner in the book of life.

Chick

I think that's THE most important part. Shooting is just a vehicle.....it's not the destination.

That says it all.

When I was growing up, for me, it was baseball. I was selected to the "All" teams (all-state, all-district, etc.), and I got a chance to play college ball and was even drafted, but what I didn't realize then was that baseball was just a game where I learned about life. I learned to be a good teammate, be graceful in defeat, and be honorable in victory. I learned that hard work, practice, and determination would yield positive results. These are "life lessons." I think 'Snake (and I hope, my own kiddos) are learning those same lessons shooting.

So, while there are those who will watch those videos and talk about how fast, how this or how that, I think (IMHO) that it should be about how a youngster is learning lessons which will make him a responsible adult one day. It's a game. It's fun to play, but it's still just a game.

As for the "pressure" of Winter Range, well.....it's not much different than when I stood at the plate with two on, two out and a tie score in a HS state semi-final game (many, many years ago :rolleyes: ). I hit a rocket that was snagged by a great play by their shortstop. Was I disappointed? You bet. Did I do the best I could do? You bet.

Go shoot the best you can, 'Snake, and let the rest of it fall out as it may. So long as you can hold your head up afterwards and say you did the best you could, then, you're a winner in the book of life.

Chick

*huge smile*

I just love smart cowboys

Wish more kids had good parents.....

and kids know...

they know if they have good parents or wish they did

Colt, glad to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth. I always enjoy seeing your boy shoot (just amazes me as to what he can do and what he will be able to do in the future). Looking forward to seeing/talking to the both of you at some of the matches this coming year. Did you replace your trailer yet? (scary what happened at Comin' at Cha). Keep up the good work and shooting; RR is totally enjoyable to watch.

How does it feel to be all washed up at 19? (or 18, or however old you are).

Just kidding. Just when you think you got it wrapped up, you need to look behind you. My neck is too sore, so I ain't lookin' anymore.

Im 18...

and ill be starting therapy tomorrow to try and cope with it <_<

Colt, glad to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth. I always enjoy seeing your boy shoot (just amazes me as to what he can do and what he will be able to do in the future). Looking forward to seeing/talking to the both of you at some of the matches this coming year. Did you replace your trailer yet? (scary what happened at Comin' at Cha). Keep up the good work and shooting; RR is totally enjoyable to watch.

No we haven't fallen off in fact we've been shooting almost every weekend except during the holidays. My trailer is all fixed now. Hopefully it won't happen again. If anything else goes wrong then it will be replaced.

Hey what's up Rattelsnake! I just saw your YouTube video, and that was totally wicked! Thanks again for the holsters. I can't believe it still fits me! Every time I see you shoot, you inspire me to be a whole lot better shooter. You've been an awesome freind to me and can't wait to see you at Winter Range. Your freind, Kid Ghost

Hey what's up Rattelsnake! I just saw your YouTube video, and that was totally wicked! Thanks again for the holsters. I can't believe it still fits me! Every time I see you shoot, you inspire me to be a whole lot better shooter. You've been an awesome freind to me and can't wait to see you at Winter Range. Your freind, Kid Ghost

You are quite welcome KG and thank you! I really like shooting out at Lonestar and it's where they are holding the State match this year' I can't wait for that. Did you sign up for the Texas 3 Step yet? Its gonna be lots of fun!

I want to thank everyone for all the nice things you said about me! I really enjoy shooting and being with my friends but the drama not so much. Me and my dad love to go to new places to shoot and meet new people! I am really looking forward to Winter Range this year. It was so much fun last year. I've been practicing hard and I hope I do good this year. Again thank you all for supporting us and I hope we get to see you soon!!!

R Snake

Yes he's gotten taller

Yes he's lost lots of weight

Yes he's gotten faster

Yes he just turned 13 this month

Yes he makes up shotgun targets

Yes he picks up brass

Yes he helps on the posse

Yes he cares what you think (prob too much)

Yes he helps other shooters <-------------------------

Yes he does good in school

Yes he's doing his best to tune out any negative crap.

Yes he still loves this sport.

Yes he will be at Winter Range

Yes he's still just a kid and human enough to make mistakes just lIke the rest of us.

Great run Rattlesnake Wrangler!

I have enjoyed meeting and shooting with you and your Dad at Fort Parker and LSFSC.

As for the line above I pointed to, When my son gets old enough for this game in a few years, I may be asking you to help him be as good as he can be. :)

See you two down the trail...

Colt, I enjoy watching Snake's vids. He just amazes me. I can't even think that fast. And enjoy your time with him, cause they grow up too fast.

Think that fast???? Ought to try countin for the little speedster. I hear the first shot and then he's finished. :lol:

It's always amazing to watch you shoot Rattlesnake. Wish I had gotten off my behind and come up there last weekend to see that stage.

See you this weekend at the Fort.

Doc

Yes he's gotten taller

Yes he's lost lots of weight

Yes he's gotten faster

Yes he just turned 13 this month

Yes he makes up shotgun targets

Yes he picks up brass

Yes he helps on the posse

Yes he cares what you think (prob too much)

Yes he helps other shooters

Yes he does good in school

Yes he's doing his best to tune out any negative crap.

Yes he still loves this sport.

Yes he will be at Winter Range

Yes he's still just a kid and human enough to make mistakes just lIke the rest of us.

I've known y'all since I started shooting and although my first impressions of you guys weren't great, over the last few years I've gotten to know you both better, and not only was I wrong, I am now proud to call you dear friends. You are a champion for the sport Colt, always wiIling to tell anyone and everyone about our sport. You're always fun, always welcoming, always happy to help kids discover the joy of CAS. I've watched Rattlesnack grow up and man, do you have a cool kid! He's smart, funny, and very mature (most of the time). :). I've seen first hand some of the flack you've both taken from old birds who are intimidated by yall's skills.. Why they feel the need to a scrutinize you is beyond me other than jealousy. I've never seen either of you cheat, or violate the spirit of the game. Dylan has had his moments, where he might have said or done something to ruffle a feather or two, but HE'S 13!!!!! Give the kid a break, I've seen many an old man and woman throw a fit on a stage for less. No one's perfect. You're doing things right, hold your heads up high and have fun!!!! Remember, haters are going to hate, that's their problem, not yours.

I've known y'all since I started shooting and although my first impressions of you guys weren't great, over the last few years I've gotten to know you both better, and not only was I wrong, I am now proud to call you dear friends. You are a champion for the sport Colt, always wiIling to tell anyone and everyone about our sport. You're always fun, always welcoming, always happy to help kids discover the joy of CAS. I've watched Rattlesnack grow up and man, do you have a cool kid! He's smart, funny, and very mature (most of the time). :). I've seen first hand some of the flack you've both taken from old birds who are intimidated by yall's skills.. Why they feel the need to a scrutinize you is beyond me other than jealousy. I've never seen either of you cheat, or violate the spirit of the game. Dylan has had his moments, where he might have said or done something to ruffle a feather or two, but HE'S 13!!!!! Give the kid a break, I've seen many an old man and woman throw a fit on a stage for less. No one's perfect. You're doing things right, hold your heads up high and have fun!!!! Remember, haters are going to hate, that's their problem, not yours.

Shell Belle I don't even want to tell you what my first impressions of you were!!! Lol. Oh wait I already did!!! And I still talk to you.... Just kidding you know I ain't got Nuttin but love for ya. Seriously though, I really have enjoyed getting to know you, Shot Shell and Cassie. It's really cool having y'all as friends and I really mean friends not acquaintances. You guys are always there for us anytime we need you and I appreciate that very much. Oh and next time you come over to my house and the boys throw you in the pool in the middle of January I'll be sure and turn the heater on sooner!!! Lmao that was too funny!!! At least the hot tub was warm right? And then there was that bottle of wine you drank that had you warmed up pretty good. Lmao. Good times for sure! You are such a bad influence on me. Oh well we love you anyway!!

Colt

Shell Belle I don't even want to tell you what my first impressions of you were!!! Lol. Oh wait I already did!!! And I still talk to you.... Just kidding you know I ain't got Nuttin but love for ya. Seriously though, I really have enjoyed getting to know you, Shot Shell and Cassie. It's really cool having y'all as friends and I really mean friends not acquaintances. You guys are always there for us anytime we need you and I appreciate that very much. Oh and next time you come over to my house and the boys throw you in the pool in the middle of January I'll be sure and turn the heater on sooner!!! Lmao that was too funny!!! At least the hot tub was warm right? And then there was that bottle of wine you drank that had you warmed up pretty good. Lmao. Good times for sure! You are such a bad influence on me. Oh well we love you anyway!!

Colt

Oh yes I forgot one thing. Remember me saying Rattlesnake would find a shooter girlfriend??? Well he got Cassie's digits and they been burnin up the line texting back and forth I know she's a couple years older than him but we need to keep an eye on those two! LOL. I'm just kidding they are both good kids.

HEY! Don't go telling all my secrets!! It was a BLAST!! Yes, I've learned not to chase boys around a cold pool after drinking wine, otherwise you are in said frigid pool with all your clothes on!! Rattlesnack is quite sneaky, and quite strong to be so small!!! Yes, THANK GOD FOR HOTTUBS!!!

Archived