SASS Wire Forum

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

10-10-2

Start hands on hat progressive on 4 rifle targets. Move to next window progressive on 4 pistol targets move to next window engage 2 shotgun

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWui4qSM_E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he's gotten taller

Yes he's lost lots of weight

Yes he's gotten faster

Yes he just turned 13 this month

Yes he makes up shotgun targets

Yes he picks up brass

Yes he helps on the posse

Yes he cares what you think (prob too much)

Yes he helps other shooters

Yes he does good in school

Yes he's doing his best to tune out any negative crap.

Yes he still loves this sport.

Yes he will be at Winter Range

Yes he's still just a kid and human enough to make mistakes just lIke the rest of us.

Very good, I just bet you are just smiling as big as you can when you see your son shoot, must be one proud papa, you have did a good job of raising him.

I have never been that fast on any target let alone a whole stage, I'm not that fast even in my dreams

All for now JD Trampas

Wow those targets look as big as him.

Yeah Colt the pistol targets were SASS cowboy shaped at about 4 yards or so I didn't measure them. The rifle were the dreaded buffalo targets at about 12 yards. They weren't huge by any stretch. The shotgun targets were standard knockdowns. It was a tough stage to video. The wind was blowing pretty hard as you can hear in the video, right in your face. I shot this stage around 15 or so.

The weekend before he shot a stand and deliver stage at Fort Parker Huge targets by the way 10-10-4 in 8.79 but I didn't get the video. Heck I didn't even get to see it everyone just told me about it.

Very good, I just bet you are just smiling as big as you can when you see your son shoot, must be one proud papa, you have did a good job of raising him.

I have never been that fast on any target let alone a whole stage, I'm not that fast even in my dreams

All for now JD Trampas

First of all JD thank you so much for the compliment that means the world to us and we appreciate your support!

2nd and this is something I would like to make very clear to everyone. Yes I'm very proud of Dylan regardless of how he shoots. I love him he's my son and we are very fortunate to have each other. Since I've raised him on my own we have an incredible bond.

3rd you may have noticed I haven't posted any shooting videos of him for a while now. The reason is because of some people not liking hearing about him all the time and I understand that. However I have heard from many other people that they do enjoy the videos and that he's inspired them to practice harder and some to even join the sport because of watching him. So with that being said its not the fact that I'm proud of him that I post these videos. They are for the ones that like watching them period! Anyone else that just wants to pick on him or that doesn't like them they don't have to watch them!!! He has done more to promote this sport than many of them anyway! But I can say this that since the media, shooting and the firearms industry is what he is making his career then they better get used to seeing him.

I do want to say thank you from both of us to all those out there that support us and to all those who don't I want to say thank you to you as well for making us stronger!!!

See you at the range!

Colt

First of all JD thank you so much for the compliment that means the world to us and we appreciate your support!

2nd and this is something I would like to make very clear to everyone. Yes I'm very proud of Dylan regardless of how he shoots. I love him he's my son and we are very fortunate to have each other. Since I've raised him on my own we have an incredible bond.

3rd you may have noticed I haven't posted any shooting videos of him for a while now. The reason is because of some people not liking hearing about him all the time and I understand that. However I have heard from many other people that they do enjoy the videos and that he's inspired them to practice harder and some to even join the sport because of watching him. So with that being said its not the fact that I'm proud of him that I post these videos. They are for the ones that like watching them period! Anyone else that just wants to pick on him or that doesn't like them they don't have to watch them!!! He has done more to promote this sport than many of them anyway! But I can say this that since the media, shooting and the firearms industry is what he is making his career then they better get used to seeing him.

I do want to say thank you from both of us to all those out there that support us and to all those who don't I want to say thank you to you as well for making us stronger!!!

See you at the range!

Colt

Howdy Colt,

Man can he get any faster great vid, you have every right to be a proud father see ya a Winter Range.

KK

Boy, I hate to see him slow down from an 8.89 to a 9.68. Big loss there, ya know.

Howdy Colt,

Man can he get any faster great vid, you have every right to be a proud father see ya a Winter Range.

KK

Thanks KK. It will be great to see y'all out there! I'm looking forward to it!!!

Colt,just keep posting the vids.I have a 9 year old grand son that loves to watch him.I do also.Good luck to you both.Pit Bull

Hang in there Colt.

Parenting a teenager is one of the hardest....probably THE hardest thing you will ever do...

but also the most important thing you will ever do.

There will be days he don't like you much but keep doing what is best for him.

He will appreciate it someday.

My mother always told me about parenting my own kids, "be their parent, they will have friends come and go but they need a parent"

When they also see you as their friend.... well, that is one of the best things in the world.

Give him a hug from me...even if he does pull away from you and say, "Yuck!"

:)

3rd you may have noticed I haven't posted any shooting videos of him for a while now. The reason is because of some people not liking hearing about him all the time and I understand that. However I have heard from many otheri people that they do enjoy the videos and that he's inspired them to practice harder and some to even join the sport because of watching him. So with that being said its not the fact that I'm 7proud of him that I post these videos. They are for the ones that like watching them period! Anyone else that just wants to pick on him or that doesn't like them they don't have to watch them!!! He has done more to promote this sport than many of them anyway! But I can say this that since the media, shooting and the firearms industry is what he is making his career then they better get used to seeing him.

Haters gonna hate Colt, keep postin!

Best

Brim

Dang that's fast! Keep up the good work Colt... but don't press... hardest thing I ever did... maybe I shoulda pressed a little harder... but... he's grown into a good man... even if he don't shoot cowboy as often as I do! Hope Wrongler sticks to it... the funnest days are when my boy shoots with me!

He reminds me of tha way I wanna be ;) . Sub 10 sec stages are nearly unheard of regardless of target size or distance. Matter a fact this is tha only one I've ever saw an I've seen a bunch.

RRR

For the record, I like the vids. Whether they are slow or fast, I enjoy watching them.

And Colt, I appreciate your honesty about them. I know zackly what you're talkin about.

I enjoy watching Deuce whether its in a speed shoot or a slow demonstration. These type Vids are not only entertaining but can be very educational to all of us.

The speed is incredible. My fastest stage time was a 9-10-4 with 4 shooting positions: rifle in window, triple tap 3 targets; pistols in door, 10 shot dump; shotgun in window, 2 KDs; and then 2 more KDs in last window. Time was right at 15 seconds clean.

p.s. - somehow, I've always thought the TO must have hit the 'start' button after I finished my rifle run.....hehehehehe

Great run and great Vid, Snake. Keep up the efforts.

..........Widder

Im still waiting to see that bionic thumb implant... :lol:

There are those of us that are just as proud of him as you are Colt. (even if he is a heater hog)

Nichols,

I have it on good authority that Colt had an electric motor installed in Rattlesnakes left thumb at birth.... ;)

Colt, He's a Good Kid, I think you should keep him!!

Please don't ever let him get the blackpowder bug.... :rolleyes::lol:

I'll second that emotion.

I've watched it three times and am still amazed. Great video Colt. Keep em comming.

See ya at the Raid on Ft Parker in March

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Wahoo!

Hat off Rattlesnake!!

I see where he has a big advantage! He don't have to bend to reach his guns!!! That must save at least .03 seconds! Or even more...

Great run, Wrangler!

Colt,

Keep posting those videos. The ones that don't want to see them can just not watch them.

Maybe I should change my alias to: Rattlesnake Fan

Looks like my score but my decimal point is a space further to the right.....and I miss about 2/3 of the targets.

Good goin' 'Snake. You done real good.

Well there is always Little League , girls and cars to overcome ^_^

Yes, he's fast but I'll tell ya cuz I was there He's got class as well.

At a well known Regional the Speed Rifle times were questioned so they took the top three of which Rattlesnake and I were included. The deal was this "prove it" ya got three attemps. Not only did he prove it he improved it and did it with a smile. No bitching, or complaining a gentleman from the word go. That afternoon he grew up in my eyes there are a lot of folks many years his senior that don't display the maturity he did. Keep it up I'm rooting for ya.

Semper Fi

Colt Faro....you be proud Dad, you have every right to be! I for one

want to see those video's....It gives me some idea how much practice

I'll be needing if I expect to catch up with Mr. Rattlesnake! I calls

him Mr. as a compliment and respect! Anyone that fast better be called sir!

Hope to meet up someday and I'll let you know when so you can get ready! :lol::rolleyes:

Happy trails Mr. Rattlesnake :D

Quick Draw Grandpaw 48525 :blush:

Yeah but he only had to engage 2 shotgun targets. -_-:ph34r:;)

Fillmore

Howdy Rattlesnake,

I know many people are commenting on how good of a shooter you are and I know that you will be a champion. But what I wanted to thank you for is your attitude. We have enjoyed having you and Colt come to shoot with the Arkansas Leadslingers a few times in NW Arkansas. Not only are you a great shooter, but like your dad mentioned below, you are a great posse member. So many times, hot shot shooters seem to think that they are there just to brush up on their skills and don't do a thing to help the posse. Everytime you have shot with us you do your part and even a little more. Picking up brass seems such a simple thing but when the average shooter is doing good to bend over and touch their boots, it is so refreshing to have a champion help with this chore. You do this and other chores with a smile. We welcome you any time and hope dad will keep sending us the videos as you continue to improve. You and all young shooters are the life blood of our sport in the future!

Yes he's gotten taller

Yes he's lost lots of weight

Yes he's gotten faster

Yes he just turned 13 this month

Yes he makes up shotgun targets

Yes he picks up brass

Yes he helps on the posse

Yes he cares what you think (prob too much)

Yes he helps other shooters

Yes he does good in school

Yes he's doing his best to tune out any negative crap.

Yes he still loves this sport.

Yes he will be at Winter Range

Yes he's still just a kid and human enough to make mistakes just lIke the rest of us.

Your admirer,

Ozarks Jim,

Vice President

Arkansas Leadslingers

Arkansas Leadslingers

Archived