SASS Wire Forum

Want your PayPal opinions

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

What kind of service have you gotten from PayPal? We have used them for a couple of years with no problem.

So I had no trouble until I started using their outfit to get paid for our unit's Afghanistan commerative 1911's. Now they say we can't use PayPal for firearms transactions. They suspended all invoices. :angry::angry::angry:

WTH???

MG

What kind of service have you gotten from PayPal? We have used them for a couple of years with no problem.

So I had no trouble until I started using their outfit to get paid for our unit's Afghanistan commerative 1911's. Now they say we can't use PayPal for firearms transactions. They suspended all invoices. :angry::angry::angry:

WTH???

MG

Yep, they're a spin off of ebay, they won't have anything to do with "any part or parts that make a firearm function". I sell on ebay because it's the best market for what I sell. They are making fees so high it's almost not worth it. Paypal is fast and easy to use, but like ebay, the fees are getting out of hand...

Won't use them in any way at all. As buyer or seller.

PayPal or Ebay.

If that is someones only way to get paid. Then they are not going to have me as a buyer.

And as a seller?? Won't use them.

You might as well be aware that the latest form of eBay/Paypal is Pay-Me-Later, which is basicly a credit card without the card. They have the same restrictions about firearms, but otherwise it's more convenient for online purchases. Cabelas uses them, which is one reason I shop at Cabelas.

BTW, didn't there used to be a gun-friendly outfit called GunPay, or somesuch? Whatever happened to them?

PayPal is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 years ago I sold a digital camera to a buyer in Italy for $310, not knowing at the time that non-CONUS deals were dangerous.

I shipped with USPS and paid the insurance fee out of my proceeds.

Buyer claimed no delivery to PayPal. I responded with insurance info and told PP to have buyer submit a claim.

PayPal answer was to debit me for $173, and would not respond to my inquiries as to their logic for that decision.

I set up another PayPal account and continued with purchases and sales.

Recently, PayPal linked my old and new accounts and suspended my new account until I paid the $173.

5 year Statute of Limitations for their bogus claim of $173 and they are too late for a legal claim, if it were legal to begin with.

Obviously, I have stopped using PayPal.

Be aware of their business practices.

No probs with Paypal on my transactions - have always received money into my bank account in the in the 2-3 business day timeframe when transferring to my checking account. However, some people have had some real issues....thankfully I haven't seen 'em on my end.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I used em for a while. then without any notice i remember (yeah they probably sent some dense change of service rules I never read) they cut my service off and held several thousand dollars in my account, frozen for months while I refused to take the items off my web page (brass) instead dropping them entirely. They eventually gave me my money, but near had me out of business as I had my cash tied up in a paypal money market.... NEVER AGAIN!

ANY kind of money handling outfit is expensive. I use a huge credit card processing outfit now, and fixed costs as well as percentage-based fees are rough. But in the "plastic" world, nobody wants to write a check. We ALL pay for our "gottahaveits" unwilling to wait a bit or stick a check in the mail....

For FAST money transfer, WALMART is tough to beat. I sent my son several hundred dollars and he picked it up minutes later at his local Walmart. The fees were cheaper than Western Union, and didn't require a bank account...

I have used pay-pal as a buyer and seller. Although they are not perfect (just like the country we live in, but it is the best in the world) they are the best way to send and receive money that I know of. It protects buyer and seller. For example if I were to send a money order across the country to buy something and the seller were to decide not send my product what avenue do I have to collect. With Pay-pal I can go to them and file a complaint and I have a leg to stand on. Just my opinion and my experience.

Greg,

You're an old pard of mine and we know each other personally,Trust me, stay away from PayPal under all circumstances, seller or buyer.They are owned by E bay and extremely anti gun.If they find out you are selling a gun or even gun parts they wiil freeze your acocount(In fact, they will freeze your account wiht no reason at all!).Dealing with PayPaL is like dealing with the Enemy,,They are financial terrorists in my opinion..Thery do whatever they want with your account and your funds,My advice,. Ignore Pay Pal and do not even think of getting involved with them.I found out the hard way, and when they arbitrarily freeze your account, it is a living nightmare to get your money out of them

They will also hold on to your money as long as they can get away with it to get as much 'float' and interest accrual as possible using your hard earned money.

One small step short of being full on crooks in my book.Just the fact that they are anti gun and try to make you purchase anything on E Bay with PayPal as the only payment option is enough to keep me away from them.To PayPal, Your money is Their Money and they come first.

They are the' enemy'.Trust me Greg.You don't want anything to do with those rotten bast***s!:angry: :angry:

WTH???

MG

If you use pay-pal or evilbay you might just as well send a contribution directly to the Brady Bunch. They are as anti-gun as you can get.

Thanks, Pards!

Why hell, I thought PayPal was a locally run company (in Omaha) and was on the up and up. :angry:

I am pulling my account right now. I have 10 soldiers that wanted to use PayPal. The other 40 have paid by check. I will contact those 10 guys and tell them to either use a check or an echeck. Screw PayPal!! :angry::angry:

I DO NOT aid my anti-gun enemies!

Much obliged for the info.

Mustang Gregg

Thanks, Pards!

Why hell, I thought PayPal was a locally run company (in Omaha) and was on the up and up. :angry:

I am pulling my account right now. I have 10 soldiers that wanted to use PayPal. The other 40 have paid by check. I will contact those 10 guys and tell them to either use a check or an echeck. Screw PayPal!! :angry::angry:

I DO NOT aid my anti-gun enemies!

Much obliged for the info.

Mustang Gregg

Like the immortal John Wayne says ""A man ought'a do what he thinks is best." ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gregg, it must be your Pawnee County education :rolleyes: as a fellow Nebraskan, think about it, has anything based in Omaha ever been pro-gun... Keep your powder dry, are you doing any deer hunting while your home, and if you want to come over to Wymore I'll buy you lunch...

Pay Pal sucks. They used to be a straight forward online payment system, but since E-bay bought them they have gone down hill fast. I don't use them anymore, though I still have an account. I also don't use E-bay much either. Since they have tried to go upscale and become Amazon (they are not real friendly to small sellers any more and force you to use payment systems thy make money from), I just don't like to sell stuff there anymore. I also see a lot less stuff that I would like to buy. It used to be a wired swap-meet where you could find just about anything, now it seems more like there is a lot less interesting stuff to be found.

Pay Pal sucks. They used to be a straight forward online payment system, but since E-bay bought them they have gone down hill fast. I don't use them anymore, though I still have an account. I also don't use E-bay much either. Since they have tried to go upscale and become Amazon (they are not real friendly to small sellers any more and force you to use payment systems thy make money from), I just don't like to sell stuff there anymore. I also see a lot less stuff that I would like to buy. It used to be a wired swap-meet where you could find just about anything, now it seems more like there is a lot less interesting stuff to be found.

I know what you mean, I found a lot of parts including a front bumper for my 38 GMC now all it seem to have for car parts is a bunch of new chinese crap

Archived