SASS Wire Forum

How would YOU call this one?

Widder, SASS #59054

Basic instructions for pistol are:

3 plates, starting on ANY plate, Nevada sweep for your first 5 shots.

2nd pistol, Nevada sweep again starting on ANY plate.

Shooter starts on P1 and runs the 10 shots like such:

p1, p2, p3, p2, p1, p2, p3, p2, p1, p2

How would you call this one?

..........Widder

Clean! I see no problem here!

Did the spotters have trouble figuring that that was 2 nevada sweeps from any position?

If yes Get new spotters.

Catching the Spotters unaware is half the fun!

..........Widder

No call - CLEAN

You just moved up a couple places on "the list".

:P

No call - CLEAN

You just moved up a couple places on "the list".

:P

Now THAT made me chuckle!!!

ever wanna say, o just shut up.......it's a game,,,not about widder of course....but some of the other threads,,sheesh

cheyenne

Now THAT made me chuckle!!!

ever wanna say, o just shut up.......it's a game,,,not about widder of course....but some of the other threads,,sheesh

cheyenne

First: PWB, I try hard but I just can't seem to stay off your list. I promise to do better... ;)

Second: Howdy Shy-Ann. :lol::lol:

Hey, sometimes I wish I had learnt to shut up more. It ain't always easy being ME..... :D

Actually, during a stage reading once where the instructions called for a Nevada sweep on three plates starting on ANY plate, I made a quick comment like "Good, I think I'll start on the middle plate". When suddenly, a couple folks in the posse exclaimed that 'Nevada sweeps are always started from either the right or left'. And belief it or not, it was decided that we all should start on either the right or the left plate and not the center plate.

Hey, some stuff like this really happens. I would venture to say that some of you other fellers have run into similar situations during your CAS careers.

Well, all we can do is try to keep a good thought.

Safe travels. I'm headin out early in the mornin to Wartrace for the TN State. Get to visit with the famous Randy St. Eagle.

..........Widder

..........Widder

I'd call it Interesting!!!!!!

BH

Actually, during a stage reading once where the instructions called for a Nevada sweep on three plates starting on ANY plate, I made a quick comment like "Good, I think I'll start on the middle plate". When suddenly, a couple folks in the posse exclaimed that 'Nevada sweeps are always started from either the right or left'. And belief it or not, it was decided that we all should start on either the right or the left plate and not the center plate.

Hey, some stuff like this really happens. I would venture to say that some of you other fellers have run into similar situations during your CAS careers.

..........Widder

Never underestimate the "will" of a large group. Decided or not, it's pretty simple to just re-read the instruction as written, and then if necessary call the MD.

I would not give up an advantage that is clearly offered by the written stage instructions, and by the same token I would never take an advantage that is disallowed by the same. Written words have meaning. It's just that simple.

Archived