SASS Wire Forum

Earthquake

Dutch Coroner

Ain't much fun is it. I'm glad we moved from Californy when I was a sprout.

What happened, did some politician tell the truth? It could be the end of days.

Maybe the opposite - Big God angry at crap leaders...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

What happened, did some politician tell the truth? It could be the end of days.

Nope. They're on vacation. Could be the lack of hot air and methane in the town caused a geological imbalance.

Nah. It was Bush's fault. (sorry, couldn't resist, waaaaay to much temptation in this one!) :blush:

Bodine

Wow - the Washington Monument is reported to be slightly leaning :unsure:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/23/magnitude-58-earthquake-hits-virginia-sends-shockwaves-throughout-east-coast/

Nah. It was Bush's fault. (sorry, couldn't resist, waaaaay to much temptation in this one!) :blush:

Bodine

Impossible - I thought Obama was the 'Messiah'...:lol:

Politco is calling a 5.9 a 'major' quake! It is respectable, but "major?" Maybe some items knocked off shelves. Some tall chimneys damaged. No big deal.

For that area it is significant.

I was in my barn here in Ruin, gords aw fallin lawn tractor aw shakin, thought we had a very large tree rat on the roof, then my wife ask what the he'll ya doin out there, then I guessed we had a shaker. Last nite where my daughter likes in La Junta co they had aw shaker last nite. It's Bushes fault...

I just read a bunch of accounts, all stating that the people who run our government evacuated buildings in panic. Thank God nothing worse happened or we'd have had a real catastrophe with no one in the Capitol taking care of bus.....Oh, wait. Maybe that's not a bad thing.

Wow! Just experienced my first and hopefully last earthquake. 5.8 on the scale.

Everything seems to be ok.

:(

=========================================================

The first thought in my mind was that Al Queda had nuked D.C. Then I saw my gun safe rocking and knew it was an earthquake. A few things got knocked off of shelves and some pictures on walls went crooked, but no other damage. We lost phone and cell phone service for a while.

Just heard that President Obama has declared that the epicenter was discovered to originate at a little-known fault line along the east-coast known as "Bush's Fault".... :lol:

Bodine

Wow - the Washington Monument is reported to be slightly leaning :unsure:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/23/magnitude-58-earthquake-hits-virginia-sends-shockwaves-throughout-east-coast/

Which way, to the right or left?? Wait, I really don't want to know. :angry:

Which way, to the right or left?? Wait, I really don't want to know. :angry:

probably to the right 'cause he would pissed to see what the other side is trying to do with this country...;)

Corresponded with my daughter who works in DC but is CA born and raised. I asked her how it was with respect to what she is used to and here is her reply:

"Yeah, but like a fish, the size has grown in the retelling. Didn't seem too bad, but I was the only one in my office who had ever experienced one. People were crying and screaming that no one was safe because the aftershocks were coming..."

She also said that her lack of concern seemed to calm down her co-workers in her office.

Kids live in NC.

They haven't said a word about to me,..........yet.

They know I saw it on TV.

Kids live in NC.

They haven't said a word about to me,..........yet.

They know I saw it on TV.

My sister-in-law lives in the Hickory, NC area. They felt it. Rattled dishes. She went to the living room and asked brother-in-law, "Did you hear that?" He said, "Yes, I guess we've got some squirrels in the attic." :lol:

My sister-in-law lives in the Hickory, NC area. They felt it. Rattled dishes. She went to the living room and asked brother-in-law, "Did you hear that?" He said, "Yes, I guess we've got some squirrels in the attic." :lol:

When does he get out of the hospital?

Historical data (not that the media or young folks pay attention anymore):

The west coast experiences a 5.8 maginitude earthquake on a pretty regular average of once per YEAR. The east coast experiences them on an average of about once per CENTURY.

I was in NM on a conference call with some folks near DC when it hit - thay all went outside (good call). When they returned 15 minutes later, they jokingly blamed it on the attendee from the west coast bringing it east! :P These were mostly military folks who have lived all over and were not phased by it.

Still had to laff at all the hysterical exaggerations in the personal interviews on the news.

One comment I heard was: So something in WDC finally MOVED!?!

Hopefully it shook some things up in our capital!

Archived