SASS Wire Forum

Must be the heat

A cool drink in the Saloon always tastes good, especially after a visit to the Wire. Must be the heat. Yeesh! :wacko:

I reckon so.....feelin' the :wub: ain;t we? :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It's too hat

it's too cold

targets are too close

targets are too far

too many rules

not enough rules

I don't like this

you don't like that

you're full of crap

oh yeah, well you are too

your way isn't what I do, so it must be wrong

ditto

In the words of Tuco

When ya gotta shoot, shoot, don't talk.

It's too hat

it's too cold

targets are too close

targets are too far

too many rules

not enough rules

I don't like this

you don't like that

you're full of crap

ditto

In the words of Tuco

Reminds me of a PM I got not to long ago :lol:

and bingo on the "When ya gotta shoot, shoot, don't talk".....;)

GG ~ :FlagAm: .

Check out the stirring the pot thread. Took a predictable 90 degree turn into familiar territory. Took awhile to go downhill, but downhill it went. We're about due for a rank points 'debate'. :lol:

Well, I had to peek out of curiosity and I agree with Okie that its fairly tame compared to some. Its aptly named though. Seriously, if wants to see dogfights just stroll over to the Shiloh forum....man it gets tough there sometimes. One person even described another as an obnoxious and bothersome armchair-expert twit! :lol:

Check out the stirring the pot thread. Took a predictable 90 degree turn into familiar territory. Took awhile to go downhill, but downhill it went. We're about due for a rank points 'debate'. :lol:

:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

PLEASE not the rank points debate again :o

It's not the heat. It's the humility.

PLEASE not the rank points debate again :o

Shoer - I've been mulling over writing a rank point case study article for the Chronicle with several side bars for a while now. Part of what keeps me from writing it is that it would kick up a huge debate again.

I think I'll pass for now.

Stirring the pot was going downhill, I mean short stroked rifles ruining someones enjoyment of a fantasy game. I mean all these young tall, athletic folks that run thru the stage ruin mine too, how is an old fat dwarf like me supposed to compete with the likes of them? :D :D

I think I'll pass for now.

Stirring the pot was going downhill, I mean short stroked rifles ruining someones enjoyment of a fantasy game. I mean all these young tall, athletic folks that run thru the stage ruin mine too, how is an old fat dwarf like me supposed to compete with the likes of them? :D :D

Get in their way and make them run around you? It's what I do.

Shoer - I've been mulling over writing a rank point case study article for the Chronicle with several side bars for a while now. Part of what keeps me from writing it is that it would kick up a huge debate again.

all those dead horse threads start out ok but after just a few post well you know. If I wanted to argue I would talk to my wife :lol: :lol:

all those dead horse threads start out ok but after just a few post well you know. If I wanted to argue I would talk to my wife :lol: :lol:

Yeah. I can do that from the comfort of the easy chair without typing. :lol:

Yeah. I can do that from the comfort of the easy chair without typing. :lol:

ya little bit more dangerous with a the dishes fling around :lol: :lol: :D

Well, I had to peek out of curiosity and I agree with Okie that its fairly tame compared to some. Its aptly named though. Seriously, if wants to see dogfights just stroll over to the Shiloh forum....man it gets tough there sometimes. One person even described another as an obnoxious and bothersome armchair-expert twit! :lol:

That kind of name calling is exactly why I stay away from the wire. People are much nicer here in the Saloon.

It's too hat

it's too cold

targets are too close

targets are too far

too many rules

not enough rules

I don't like this

you don't like that

you're full of crap

ditto

In the words of Tuco

Yup I'll agree wif dat one all rat !

I see they locked that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Getting to where you can't even have a good dust-up anymore. A reflection of our PC society I guess.

BTW, RANK SCORING SUCKS!!! ;)

And we're off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Until somebody buys a round. :lol:

OK, if we're gonna do this to some extent...

My biggest problem with rank scoring is that ALL the shooters in a match determine the placement of people within a category. If you must use rank scoring, use match rank scoring for overall match placement, and use category rank points for category placement. I have run the data, it DOES make a difference. The oft repeated statement that you 'compete with your peers within your chosen category' is not true in a rank points match.

My other gripe is that is supposedly rewards 'consistency'. How is a shooter who averages 25 seconds a stage BUT gets an SDQ more consistent than a shooter who averages 31 seconds a stage with NO penalties? Yet rank points will push the guy with the SDQ above the other guy.

On scoring, I resigned myself years ago to the fact that I will never get an award, so I don't concern myself with scoring in general—except to say that I'd like to do something better than triple the times of the better shooters.

Still, I agree, Griz...

OK, if we're gonna do this to some extent...

My biggest problem with rank scoring is that ALL the shooters in a match determine the placement of people within a category. If you must use rank scoring, use match rank scoring for overall match placement, and use category rank points for category placement. I have run the data, it DOES make a difference. The oft repeated statement that you 'compete with your peers within your chosen category' is not true in a rank points match.

My other gripe is that is supposedly rewards 'consistency'. How is a shooter who averages 25 seconds a stage BUT gets an SDQ more consistent than a shooter who averages 31 seconds a stage with NO penalties? Yet rank points will push the guy with the SDQ above the other guy.

I'm with ya, but Don't go there.............

I'll buy the round instead - where are ya Bottles!? Set 'em up!

Now what was it about that strange new "western" movie with flying machines and really ugly bad guys??? :lol:

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

That kind of name calling is exactly why I stay away from the wire. People are much nicer here in the Saloon.

+1

I mostly just read these days. I find it much nicer to just read and not enter into the discussions. I got tired of the BS.

+1

I mostly just read these days. I find it much nicer to just read and not enter into the discussions. I got tired of the BS.

....... there is certainly some "discussions", ..... or is that "dis-cussin's" ..... :huh:

On scoring, I resigned myself years ago to the fact that I will never get an award, so I don't concern myself with scoring in general—except to say that I'd like to do something better than triple the times of the better shooters.

Still, I agree, Griz...

I'm working hard to get to the point where I can double the good shooters scores.

Griz has all the complaints needed in one paragraph. Good job.

+1

is that why we don't see you on here very often

Archived