SASS Wire Forum

Can Your Lever Gun Run This Fast?

John Boy

Mine will slam fire, looks like what he's doing. I don't practice with mine enough to hit targets all that well at that speed though...

Looks to me like he just holds the trigger and runs the pump... just like you can do with a model 37 ithaca Shotgun.

Model 1897 Winchester shotguns too. Fine on a dump target, but what if you had ten targets. It just shows that it works without jamming.

Big Jake

I have a Lighting that will run like that, however, my barrel does not stay that steady. I would have shoots all over the place

Looked pretty slow to me.

Me too, only the second time I've ever touched a Lightning though.

Is that fast, it looks fast to me.....

Now that's fast. I shot with Stan, Dan, Outlaw and Delta today...........always a pleasure to watch them shoot.

Edit: I watched that video 3x, wow a 1.81 all three times. Very consistant :P

C.S.

I am curious as to what caliber and load can be pumped that fast and still remain as stable as shown? Reminds me of watching a guy with a 73 carbine using 38 LC loads instead of 38 Spl.

I think it's a 32wcf.

Check out Doc Shapiro's site under pump rifle. Wild Bill Raymond shooting an original Colt Lightning. 1.92 seconds, 10 rounds. It's a learning thing.

I am curious as to what caliber and load can be pumped that fast and still remain as stable as shown? Reminds me of watching a guy with a 73 carbine using 38 LC loads instead of 38 Spl.

The rifle is a .38 spl, std case, 122 gn bullet.

Is that one of the ones that was tuned up by Deadeye Dallas?

Yep, Deadeye asked me if I would like to test the rifle.

Archived