SASS Wire Forum

Tonight the hype ends -- the Ducks and Tigers collide

Momma insist on watching the game.

When is it, Wednesday?

Yeah. 8 Eastern, 6:27 Central, 12 noon Mountain, and midnight Pacific.

AUBURN!!!

:blush:;):D:FlagAm::D:wacko::D:wacko::D

...I hate to say it, but I'm for the Oregon Ducks this evening....

...but their uniforms are UGLY!

...but their uniforms are UGLY!

To us "old schoolers"

But 18 old years love 'em. In fact, there was a piece on them two or three years ago in which the coach said that he let the kids have input on the design. The wild design was even a bit of a recruiting aid was the kids thought they were peachy keen, uh, I mean neato, er, cool, aahhh, far out?

To us "old schoolers"

But 18 old years love 'em. In fact, there was a piece on them two or three years ago in which the coach said that he let the kids have input on the design. The wild design was even a bit of a recruiting aid was the kids thought they were peachy keen, uh, I mean neato, er, cool, aahhh, far out?

the term they use nowdays iz...sick. ;)

Thanks, Bob.

Good game. Now if we could just get rid of Musburger it would be perfect.

Yup. They shoulda hired Vern Lundquist, the feller from CBS's SEC coverage to do the game. I miss Todd Blackledge's color commentary, too.

Somebody needs to explain to Lushburger that the 'Touchdown Auburn!!' schick is taken. ;) That was the late Jim Fife's ("The Voice of Auburn Football") thing on the radio coverage for about 50 years.

Yeah, I know that it's a logical way to say that they scored, but the way he's trying to stretch it out a little for dramatic effect is far too reminiscent of Jim Fife (who I knew and respected) for my tastes.

I can't believe Lee 'The Greatest Coach in Broadcasting' Corso weaseled his way onto the field for the coin toss. Talk about having some gall. :FlagAm::wacko: :wacko:

If you were paying attention, there was an Auburn fan wearing a 'Corso Sucks!" t-shirt in a camera shot almost immediately after he was shown on the TV. We'uns down on the Plains ain't forgave nor forgot his 'Pat Tie' comment back in the '80's after the bowl game with Syracuse. You'd think that being heckled off the stage of College Game Day outside Jordan-Hare Stadium the next year and getting booed a couple years ago when he returned would give him the hint.

Is it just me or are the Oregon players really easy to tackle? Auburn seemed to be able to just reach out and snatch them down during the first quarter. Oregon's yards after contact are almost nothing.

It's gonna come down to the defensive play for both teams. Whoever can make the necessary adjustments defensively to handle the new wrinkles of the offenses in the second half will win.

I can't believe Lee 'The Greatest Coach in Broadcasting' Corso weaseled his way onto the field for the coin toss. Talk about having some gall. ;):P:D

Now how can you say Corso wasn't a great coach? In 10 seasons at Indiana his record was 41-68-2. He averaged 4 wins and 7 loses a year. What more could you want?

Well, I hate to be a nay sayer, but I have to admit two things.

Looks like Auburn has the edge here in the 4th quarter and the score, albeit not by much. But I can not see an Oregon surge to spring past them.

Newton is the real thing. I keep waiting for him to walk on water for the talking heads though. I am not certain my stomach can take much more of the play by play. Neither program has anything to apologize for however. Great teams both.

And third, the SEC is the conference to beat.

It wasn't real glamorous, almost clumsy in a way, but the eagle took a big bite out of the duck.

So much slippin and sliddin goin on...why didn't they change shoes?

If you consider a big bite to be win by 3 with 2 seconds left... OK... ;):P:D

Vaya con Dios

Archived