SASS Wire Forum

All you SEC football fans,

The West must of had their Wheaties. The 'other' Orygun team the Beavers put away Pitt. Their first shut out in many years. Then the Huskies humbled Nebraska. I bet a lot of money changed hands on those two games.

Go Auburn Tigers WWWWAAAARRRRR EEEEAAAGGGGLLLEEEE!!!!!!!

I thot so...but I thin it's Pete Carroll. :FlagAm:

Well, he put the whoop on a bunch of California teams that he coached against this year. Stanford was the only one to escaped his wrath and pitchfork. Did you notice the BLACK uniforms the Huskies are wearing now. Sure sign of the Devil's mark, I am sure.

Nebraska probably ain't too fond of him either.

Willie, that Auburn nut might be a tough one to crack, but I would sure like to see the crystal football in Corvallis next year.

But I digress, back to my original question. IS STEVE SPURRIER REALLY THE DEVIL?

IF you ask a TN Vol fan he'll tell you YES!! :unsure:

Well, I thunk it were somewhere from Florida, it were in Tennessee and it were only 4 points difference, Bob. But they got whacked none the less. Jawja did indeed get beat by UCF, Jus like Michigan and Michigan State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Penn State got whumped.

All day long yesterday, I cud hear whump, whump, whump. I thot fer a while the big 4.2s had joined the fray.

The Big Ten got hammered this bowl season. GA and TN.....well they are only playing in bowls because they give them to any .500 team these days. Neither team was worth a darn this year.

The Big Ten got hammered this bowl season. GA and TN.....well they are only playing in bowls because they give them to any .500 team these days. Neither team was worth a darn this year.

That could be said about a lot of teams this year, Rube.

IF you ask a TN Vol fan he'll tell you YES!! :)

Ask about any SEC fan and they will tell you the same.

His tenure at FL settled that question for all time. Heaven only knows how many times he crushed a team rallying during mid season or demoted a good team to a lower tier bowl because they ended up losing a tie breaker to UF because of a loss. On the other hand, Auburn had a habit of ruining his day when they had to travel to the Swamp, so just imagine how insufferable he'd be if that hadn't happened so regularly. :) Going down to the Swamp to play ain't for the faint of heart.

Jimbo and FSU just proved that good triumphs over evil. :FlagAm:

In my not so humble opinion, there's TOO MANY BOWL GAMES!!!! There's 35 of them now. There ain't 30 good teams in the nation- much less 70. A .500 team (no matter what conference they may play in) ain't got no business doing anything but watching bowl games during the holidays.

Come on, every team in the SEC West except Ole Miss was in a bowl game. I can see the top 2 or 3 and maybe 5 or 6 out of the whole conference but the SEC has like 10 teams in bowl games. Yeah, it's a tough conference (especially the West division this year) and, yeah, the fans are willing to travel but TEN TEAMS??

Its all about the money. The NCAA, in collusion with the BCS, has discovered there are TV networks willing to pay obscene amounts of money for the privilege of broadcasting two mediocre teams playing in some podunk bowl game on a day other than New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. There are also corporations willing to pay equally obscene amounts of money for attaching their names to these abominations.

Shades of the Roman Coliseum.

I wonder if they painted the gladiators name on their bellies in red paint like some of the more intelligent college boys do. :wacko:

A stadium, in my opinion, filled with cheering fans, is akin to an emotional release of insanity. :wacko:

Release the beast!

• 4 weeks later...

For all you Tide fans, eat your hearts out, Nick Sabin was recruiting one of my students a few days ago and I got to meet him and get a pic with him! He looks bigger on TV, I'm taller than him, and poorer too.

Met him a couple times when he was at LSU and met him last year at the A Day Game. Interesting fellow. Im glad he has brought Bama football back to contending again. Roll Tide

Archived