SASS Wire Forum

When is a knife called a "knife"?

Posted (edited)

Quite an easy question, right? It needs some kind of a blade an some sort of handle...

bladeless2.PNG.2b08627eeb6cde9627aebd26510ea0f5.PNG

This is just so stupid!! :angry:

Don't get me wrong, multi tools without blades are cool. BUT JUST DON'T CALL IT A "KNIFE", ESPECIALLY NOT "SWISS ARMY KNIFE"!

While the one above is just a very small one "Victorinox is working on a pocketknife without blades. The increasing regulation of knives due to the violence in the world has prompted the Swiss company to re-think, CEO Carl Elsener said in an interview. [...] The blade gives rise to a weapon-like image in some markets" (Source)

Heard that story on the radio and googled it.

Just stupid :wacko:, and sad :angry::(

Edited by Equanimous Phil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Why not just call it a pocket tool and be done with it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I have been turned back from courthouse because i had p38 on my keyring

https://www.cnn.com/2002/US/02/27/war.hero.cnna/

• Sad 1

interesting question , ive - in the past collected a lot of bayonets some called knives , some swords , some just bayonets , ill grant that a few actually were both as made [with or without the muzzle ring and clasp] but some were theater changed , even sabers back in the indian wars were remade by captors from long knives to short ones 

Posted (edited)

I had a 45-70 keychain, brass, bullet, expended primer, no powder, a couple holes for the keychain, a lot of dents and scratches from years of use. Went through a lot of airport security until one time in Kyiv. Drat, pigheaded security guy.

Edited by Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984

On 5/7/2024 at 9:47 AM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

...but that li'l scissors has 2 "cutty/stabby" parts:P

I have had nail clippers confiscated from me at a county court house before they would let me in. I could either take them back to my truck or give them to them. Since I was running late I handed them over. Guess I could file through the bars if arrested. LOL 

TM

I highly doubt any crime has ever been committed with a Swiss Army Knife.

Victorinox’s idea would be like Alfa starter pistols taking the barrels off their pistols to stop crime. 

Freakin’ Morons. I bet that dipsh…tick Carl Eisner has never even touched a Victorinox knife. Flippin’ Euro-Pansy! 

Posted (edited)

Knifeless knife does not make sense. I mostly use the scissors on my knifeful Swiss Army Knife so it would be almost as useful to me as a knifeless Swiss Army thingus sans blade. Well, same 2 blades. And I use the small blade more than the big one.

13 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I highly doubt any crime has ever been committed with a Swiss Army Knife.

There is a famous lost photograph of OJs bathroom showing a red box consistent with a  certain model Swiss Army knife equipped with a serrated blade, said knife  consistent with injuries resulting in death of Nicole and Ron.

But between the time of taking the picture and actually collecting evidence, a certain lawyer was admitted into OJ's apartment to collect clothes and "personal effects." The box was not collected into evidence.

And some months later, a news crew discovered footage of OJ running play-by-play commentary at a game... Cold winter day... OJ wore gloves... Looked like those gloves. They were too tight!

Apologies for the derail.

Edited by John Kloehr
grammar
  • Thanks 1