SASS Wire Forum

For Tarzan fans

One of the, if not the, last book in the series is called Tarzan's Foreign Legion.

World War II, and there's an American bomber in Dutch Guinea. They have a RAF officer - a colonel named Clayton - who's going to deadhead with them. And they get shot down and they all bail out and when they got to the ground they're trying to get back together. The American crew all find themselves, and they're looking for that poor dumb britisher, when they hear a voice coming from up in the trees.

They look up there, and there's an almost naked man wearing a breach clout made from parachute silk. Naturally they decide that he hit his head and has gone crazy.

And the captain yells up to him, asking him what he's doing up in the tree like some bally Tarzan.

He replies that he is Tarzan.

Now they're sure he's gone wacky, and then the captain snaps his fingers and says, "That's why that name sounded familiar. John Clayton, Lord Greystoke. He is Tarzan."

And one of the gunners looks over at the captain and asks, "You mean dat's Johnny Weissmuller?"

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I really enjoyed those movies as a kid. When he'd give the Tarzan yell and he and the various animals would come charging to the rescue, it was pretty exciting.

Not only that but to a young boy, some of the swimming/water rescue scenes were rather revealing in some of the earlier black and white Tarzan movies. Looking back now, I'm surprised that they were shown during the late 60's on tv. Some kids might have said Shazam, I always said Ungawa!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Not only that but to a young boy, some of the swimming/water rescue scenes were rather revealing in some of the earlier black and white Tarzan movies. Looking back now, I'm surprised that they were shown during the late 60's on tv. Some kids might have said Shazam, I always said Ungawa!

Yes. The Jane swimming scenes were pretty revealing at the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Guess who Jane was……..Maureen O’Sullivan :wub:

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Far and away the best scene:

I guess you have to go to youtube to watch it, yet it passed the movie codes of the time! 

It's the swimming scene with Jane. Just hit that youtube link.

While Weismuller was a great Tarzan, the REAL Tarzan is still the one of the books; considerably different.

Edited by Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.tcm.com/video/76344/tarzan-and-his-mate-original-trailer

Well heck. Unlike YouTube, TCM won't embed. That's okay though. Follow the link. The original trailer of the second movie.

And I think the nude swimming scene slid by because the Hays commission didn't start until 34, and the movie was released in 34, and I'm betting the movie was released before the commission happened.

And I'm sure this will ruin everybody's lustful thoughts, but that's not

Maureen O'Sullivan. It's her body double. Josephine McKim. Like Johnny, an Olympic gold medalist. 1928 and 1932.

MV5BYzc2ZDVlY2EtYjY0Ni00OWUwLTgxOTYtYmIw

Edited by Alpo
add picture
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

And I'm sure this will ruin everybody's lustful thoughts, but that's not

Maureen O'Sullivan. It's her body double. Josephine McKim. Like Johnny, an Olympic gold medalist. 1928 and 1932.

How would that ruin lustful thoughts? It had no affect on mine!B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

El.mo Lincoln did a fine bit of acting as the first Tarzan 

Edited by Duffield, SASS #23454
Spelling

6 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Oddly enough, this is todays Bizarro comic.

00fb3963-a6a6-440a-88d4-b2fb16d71767.jpg

The jungle sure us noisy.....and Dangerous.  Sort of like the Aussie Outback, Las Angeles, Israel, and Kiev.

• Haha 4

One of my favorite scenes when I was a child was in "Tarzan's New York Adventure" when Cheeta plays with the phone in the hotel room and dials Club Moonbeam, answered by the janitor who thinks it's some kid pulling a joke.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gracos Kid said:

One of my favorite scenes when I was a child was in "Tarzan's New York Adventure" when Cheeta plays with the phone in the hotel room and dials Club Moonbeam, answered by the janitor who thinks it's some kid pulling a joke.....

You're forcing me to pull it out and watch it again. The only scene I recall is Tarzan diving off the Brooklyn Bridge.

Cheetah big pervert big pervert. Watch from tree. Peeping chimp.

• Haha 2