SASS Wire Forum

Pineapple on pizza delivery error

My wife is sick today so I ordered pizza for the kids.  Pizza Hut had a deal for 1 topping medium pizzas for $7 so I ordered a thin crust pepperoni and a hand tossed pepperoni.  

I got a text the pizza was out for delivery.  I then got a call asking if I had canceled my order for 2 pepperoni and 1 with meatballs.  I clarified what I had ordered and that as I was talking to them

their driver was coming down my driveway.  

the delivery driver left and I opened the pizza boxes and one was pepperoni and chicken on pan crust and the other was Hawaiian with ham, chicken and pineapple.  My son was happy but my daughter said “who orders pineapple on pizza?!”.  

we ate them but my daughter only likes pepperoni. My son doesn’t care. 

• Haha 7

I hear that if that delivery guy goes to church and prays real hard God will forgive him. 

Something much much better than pineapple :blink: on pizza is hot dog on pizza. Use the pizza slice as a wrap for your hotdog. MUCH better than garbage pizza any day. ;)

Oh, I didn’t mean put a hotdog on pineapple pizza. That would go back to the pizza place or the trash, depending on my patience level. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wonder if Pizza Hut still has their wonderful guarantee?

Pizza Hut used to have a guarantee - your order is correct or it is free.

So they brought my order one time, and it was wrong. I called them up and told them that my order was wrong and that they needed to try again. So the delivery guy shows up and he gives me the pizzas and he turns around to leave. And I called him back. WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY? I mean the guarantee was your order is right or it's free, and it wasn't right, so it ought to be free, so they need to refund my money.

He explained to me that the original delivery - the order that was wrong - that was the one that was free. I did not have to pay for that stuff that I did not order and did not want. But this stuff he had brought just now - yeah I had to pay for it.

I wrote Pizza Hut a letter - this is how long ago this was. No internet. I wrote a letter. And they rollWROTE back to me explaining that yes the delivery guy had called it right, and that's what the guarantee meant. And here's a couple of coupons for free pizza.

Which I threw in the garbage and I have not eaten Pizza Hut in 30 years.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 1

Went on a motorcycle trip out to Missouri years ago. Along the way 15 of us went to Pizza Hut for dinner. They told us we had to pay an approx.  20% tip up front and couldn't move the tables together! :angry: We left and one of us was a TV news editor in NY and made a big a deal about it on the 6:00 news after we returned. Pizza Hut wrote him a letter of apology and that was it! Never been in one since!

If you guys haven't noticed, the "service" industries seem to be getting a tad bit light on the service part. I'm a bit tired of surly, grubby young'ns building my sammich-pizza-meal so I stick with Chik-Fil-A, Cane's,  local momNpop pizza and sammich and mex'can food joint(s). I stay out of the fast food variety. I no longer partake of delivery as they're all going to grubhub or oober-something and service there....LOL. So I stick to local and take-out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking about dead minnows.

I have never had anchovies on pizza. I don't think anybody I know has ever had anchovies on pizza.

But we all know it is nasty, because we've heard all our lives about how nasty anchovies is on pizza.

One of these days I'm going to have to order one just to find out.

It's like coke with real sugar. I keep hearing how wonderful Coke is with real sugar. How much better it is than that nasty stuff with high fructose corn syrup. Bought a bottle of Mexican Coke one time. Two and a half dollars for a 10 oz bottle, while a 12 oz can of regular Coke was 50 cents.

The coke with the high fructose corn syrup was better. Why was it better? Because that's all I had ever had. So that's what I was used to.

But I have heard for decades - not just for years FOR DECADES - about how much better Coke with pure cane sugar is.

Pure propaganda. What tastes better is what you are used to.

I've had people bad mouth barbecue Pizza. It ain't bad. I've had people bad mouth Mexican pizza, or taco pizza if you prefer. That also ain't bad. And Hawaiian pizza is pretty damn good.

I believe most people that dislike pineapple on Pizza have never tried pineapple on pizza, but are running solely on what they've heard everybody else say.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

But we all know it is nasty, because we've heard all our lives about how nasty anchovies is on pizza.

One of these days I'm going to have to order one just to find out.

The easiest way is to have them place just a piece on the edge of a pizza. It will permeate the whole pizza!! That's how we learned! The waitress said a piece from the table must have gotten it as they had made one just before ours. Ya couldn't see any minnows on it, but yuk!!

• Like 1

im guessing that delivery driver doesnt work there anymore - or the guy that took the orders no longer works there , i get it that mistakes can happen but thats a bit over the topping so to speak , 

The only fruit that belongs in/on pizza are tomatoes.:D

• Like 1

I don't like pineapple on OR off pizza. The whole subject is a non starter for me. I also don't like peppers or any other vegetable on pizza. Tomatoes as in the sauce ONLY. Mushrooms are fine, since they're a fungus. 

The only exception to peppers is if they're in a sauce while it's being cooked. I put green bell pepper in my spaghetti sauce for seasoning only. I WILL not eat them. My wife however loves the darn things, so she gets them all.  

We go out to eat every Sunday morning, but only at a couple local places where we KNOW we're going to get good service. We don't go to "nice" restaurants, primarily because I simply won't pay the kind of prices they want, but also every time I've been to a place like that, I really couldn't find anything on the menu I wanted.  

After the first night no one are anymore of it so I ate a piece of both for lunch today.  Usually my daughter also eats all pizza in sight.  I gave the left over to the dogs and the dogs ate the pepperoni and chicken pizza and then laid down beside the Hawaii pineapple pizza and didn’t eat it 

IMG_5336.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 12:07 PM, Alpo said:

So you don't do peppers? Either green or red or jalapeño?

Nope, allergic to them and onions

ill admit - i dont like fruit on my pizza , ill also admit my dog would be delighted , i hope yourwife feels better and i feel bad i didnt say so in my first post , 

They accidentally delivered pineapple pizza to my cousin Louie. They never found the delivery driver and the pizza place closed two days later!:o